Dropping by to say HOWDY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Hi Lisa, I too see you on FB at times. You've made a remarkable turn around in your life after so much tragedy. Thanks for posting and giving all here encouragement to find their own way out. xo beth
    vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Kate, I know some may think you are kinda tough, but your "tough love' kept me away from a bottle of wine a few times. It works for some...some maybe not. I have never been one that needed it kinda sugar coated...(not that, that is BAD, because everyone is different), but you kicked my butt a few times. My 30 day thread buddies...we went through it. We gained 2 angels during our thread and some of us found complete sobriety, some are moderating...some just lost touch, but we spent a lot of time together. I admire and love so many here. Rusty and T have talked me through it in chat, Mar and Gia...I think it is good we live apart...man we'd have been hell on wheels....lol Watching some lead in sobriety like Dets, Kate, Chief....it gives you hope. Because at times, I had no hope. I couldn't even type hope....
      Rubes, we are gonna visit you one day, me and T will meet ya at the cabin. Maybe Greenie...there has been so much success here. If you are new...read those threads and hang on to them. I chose a few members that fit my personality and I saw thriving and stalked them like a hawk.
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

PS...what happened to the MWO cruise...LOL

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Lisa, I was just thinking of you the other day -- I am not on here much (I bop into chat every now and then) but I hadn't seen you around in awhile. We have had many conversations/chats, and I am so glad you are doing well. You've fought the demon! All the best to you and your kids.

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Hi you! I'm so happy you're doing so well! You 'sound" great!:l
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

LVT, I am *so* not doing well. I guess I just fake it well. Hopefully we can catch up soon.

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Lisa, reading this has taken me on a trip 'down memory lane' It is so great to see how well you are dong!!!

Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you are and :goodjob: on your 18 months ..........

Love & Hugs, BB xxx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

brittzak;1046100 wrote: Mar and Gia...I think it is good we live apart...man we'd have been hell on wheels....lol
                  Lisa, we would have been hells on wheels.. the three of us together. I'll be heading to Simey's house sometime when things settle down my way..the damage we will do together, there won't be a shoe shop left untouched or an Antique shop...among other things, lol.

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

I didnt mean drinking wise....I meant just head strong women. Let me know...I will meet you at Mars. Had a fabulous time last time I went.

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

brittzak;1046247 wrote: I didnt mean drinking wise....I meant just head strong women. Let me know...I will meet you at Mars. Had a fabulous time last time I went.
                      Hah! Neither did I, I thought you meant damage to credit cards. That sounds great. I'll be bringing Little Gia with me, we'll have a great time.

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Hi brittzak and well done on your 18 months,great going. :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

brittzak;1046018 wrote: Wow, there are so many new names here. I promised a dear friend here that I would drop by when I hit 18 months sober, so here I am. Yep, 18 months completely AF. went on vacations, class reunion, dinners...alcohol all around and I am still AF. I am not here to brag about my accomplishment, but to say without MWO and God, I wouldn't be here at all. The first day I logged on here which was on March of 2007 I was so drunk I had to close one eye to keep from seeing double. I was suicidal. I didn't care about myself or anyone around me. I have made some life long friends here. I rarely come here anymore, but I wanted to drop in and say..."If I can do it...trust me...you can do it". I came here as tiredofcrying, then I was luvuall. I was banned for awhile because I am not the most pleasant drunk to say the least , so when I came back I was brittzak. If you see no hope...go back and read some of my story. There is ALWAYS hope. We are not failures, we are not drunks...WE are folks with a problem that can be fought and won. Keep posting, reading, fighting. I know what worked for me, but I think everyone has to find their own way. So, please keep fighting and using this site for help. It works! LUVUALL to the many people that helped me get to where I am. I love so many of you.
                          Lisa
                          What a great testimony. Thanks for coming back to share and bringing a message of inspiration and hope! Well done and congratulations.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

momof3;1046036 wrote: Hi Brittzak,

I remember you from the 30 Days and Beyond Thread. I am so very happy for you.

I remember some of the other folks on that thread like Bird who is still around and of course Cowgal who is no longer with us. Then there was Toughintexas. I wonder how she is doing. I think she was really struggling.

All the best to you and I hope your children are doing well.

xxoo
                            M3
                            I talked to Toughintexas last night and she wanted me to let you all know she is OK.
                            And WAY TO GO Lisa 18 months !!

MUCH LOVE

Bob

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Lisa, you turned your whole life around in the face of some dreadful sorrow and pain.

You are some woman for one woman!!

You deserve the very best life has to offer xx
                              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

SO HAPPY to hear my fellow Texan gal is doing OK.

I had 2 choices when I came here....the only further down I could have went would have been 6 ft under or to get up. It was HARD...I have spent some time reading my old posts...God I was in bad shape. Makes me more grateful for those that didn't give up on me. TRULY GRATEFUL!

Comment

Working...
                                X