Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Congratulations on 18 months!
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Congrats on your new life Lisa!!
      You are a true inspiration :-))
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

attitude

brittzak;1046018 wrote: Wow, there are so many new names here. I promised a dear friend here that I would drop by when I hit 18 months sober, so here I am. Yep, 18 months completely AF. went on vacations, class reunion, dinners...alcohol all around and I am still AF. I am not here to brag about my accomplishment, but to say without MWO and God, I wouldn't be here at all. The first day I logged on here which was on March of 2007 I was so drunk I had to close one eye to keep from seeing double. I was suicidal. I didn't care about myself or anyone around me. I have made some life long friends here. I rarely come here anymore, but I wanted to drop in and say..."If I can do it...trust me...you can do it". I came here as tiredofcrying, then I was luvuall. I was banned for awhile because I am not the most pleasant drunk to say the least , so when I came back I was brittzak. If you see no hope...go back and read some of my story. There is ALWAYS hope. We are not failures, we are not drunks...WE are folks with a problem that can be fought and won. Keep posting, reading, fighting. I know what worked for me, but I think everyone has to find their own way. So, please keep fighting and using this site for help. It works! LUVUALL to the many people that helped me get to where I am. I love so many of you.
        Lisa
        hi brit,i couldnt help but commenting,:Hwhats the old saying,YOU VE COME A LONG WAY BABY.:goodjob:remember hold on to it and never let it go:upset:it takes but only one to get you on the roller coaster to HELL again.:thanks:for coming back and giving us your wisdom :thanks:gyco

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

I'm just seeing this! Funny because I was just thinking of you the other day. (and that incredible breakfast spread you laid out ) Great to hear you & the kids are doing so well!

It was said.... If Luvuall and greenie can do it, anybody can.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Hey Lisa - I have been on the board on and off for a few years - can't even remember my screen names the last few times! So happy for you on 18 months! Wonderful that you and your family have their awesome Mom back. I am almost 3 months wine free and look forward when I can post 18 months. Awesome to hear from you. Take care of yourself
            February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Dropping by to say HOWDY

Had a good day today! No drinking....YESSS! I took my l-glut and kudzu. Maybe it's just a "placebo effect", but I really think it is working. I had no cravings or urges. I went to a meeting and it was very good.

I hope you all are doing well!

:l

fragile flower

Comment

Working...
              X