Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are so lucky!!

Howdy everyone,

I wanted to start this thread to encourage others and acknowledge all of our collective accomplishments. I want to get my positivity out there; I honestly believe that out of hardship and struggle comes amazing opportunities and happiness.

We are LUCKY! We have realised that we are unhappy about our drinking and want to do something about it. We can only hope that all who struggle with alcohol come to this realisation.

We are LUCKY! We found this wonderful place with like minded people who share stories similar to ours! We have support just a click away and i don't doubt we would also have an ass kicking if we warranted one.

We are LUCKY! We have made it thru today af. It may not have been easy but we did it. We may have chosen to moderate and reached our goals for today.

We are LUCKY! Our lives are now much improved because of the choices we made. We are better parents, grandparents, son or daughters, nieces or nephews and much better friends. But most important we are much better to ourselves. We are the people that we know deep down we could be. We should all give ourselves a pat of the back.

We are LUCKY! We have lived to tell the tale and share our experiences with others. Who knows...this very minute sharing your story could be saving someone's life.

So remember, it you are struggling or just want a pick me up...remember how well you have done and how fortunate you are to have done it. We are all amazing people, we may not live in same country or share the same culture or even have a lot in common but none of that matters because each person here would help out someone else in need. Life is all about getting a little bit of luck when it most matters. I was lucky to have found this place when I did.

Love you all...you lucky devils!!

L x
    'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

We are so lucky!!

Excellent post! We are lucky - thanks for the reminder.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

We are so lucky!!

Do you know Cassia, you are so right.

I would never ever have thought I would be able to tell the story of my mother's death if I didn't know that people here would read and listen. I feel so much 'lighter' in myself having been able to write it down and see it in black and white.

:thanks: We are the lucky ones.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

We are so lucky!!

We are lucky Cassia! Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

We are so lucky!!

thanks cassia!
          great thread. expressing gratitude is such a healthy activity. it lifts the spirits and i believe it brings us more to be grateful about. it is self-generating.
          i'm so lucky that i'm a much better mom now. that nobody calls me in the evening wondering if i will remember our conversation tomorrow. i am so glad to be liking myself again. and i am so very lucky to have this site, to have you wonderful people who help me feel lucky and supported.
          thank you all!
          rudyb

Comment

We are so lucky!!

Cassia, you always make me smile. Thanks for the positive thread We are very very lucky indeed
            February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

We are so lucky!!

Yes indeed!

Comment

We are so lucky!!

Thanks Cassia, I am grateful everyday
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

We are so lucky!!

Wonderful Cassia, thank you for the reminder! We are all lucky to have you as a part of our community, lifting us up on a daily basis as do so many others on here! Thank you
                  You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                  Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

We are so lucky!!

:thanks: for this thread cassia and :goodjob: on over a month sober now.

We are LUCKY that many of our problems can be avoided by just not picking up a drink. Not many patients have an illness that it is so simple to remedy. It's not easy, but it is simple.

I too am grateful today to be three weeks sober and to have all the freedoms and opportunities that brings with it.
                    K x
                    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

We are so lucky!!

Cassia I sometimes forget how far I have come. From being a daily drinker to abstaining for weeks, months even..yes I feel really lucky that I have given myself this wonderful chance to rediscover who I really am and not what the drink moulded me into.
                      I feel LUCKY today!! x
                      Be strong-
                      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

We are so lucky!!

Cassia - Thanks for the positive post and reminder! I am indeed lucky, and grateful for that every day. If I ever feel down, a look at what I have to be grateful about always puts it perspective. Number one on the list is my sobriety.
                        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

We are so lucky!!

Kimberley;1046876 wrote: :We are LUCKY that many of our problems can be avoided by just not picking up a drink. Not many patients have an illness that it is so simple to remedy. It's not easy, but it is simple.
                          Cassia
                          this is an awesome thread, we have so much to be greatful about, thank you for starting it.
                          Kimberley, I have never looked at it like that, thank you for letting me see my problem in a different light.
                          Rebirth, I am feeling like you, joy at my progress, again like you from a daily drinker, to having 18 AFdays (which to be honest just before xmas i was scared I would never be able to stop)
                          I am so greatful that I was LUCKY enough to find this place & all the fabulous people on it

XX
                          *Witchy*
                          Progress, not perfection!!!
                          A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

We are so lucky!!

Nice thread Cassia, love the positivity.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

We are so lucky!!

Good thread cassia,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X