Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Sunday 23rd January

Good morning, Army

Phew! What a nice sleep I had. I was fast asleep by 10.30 last night. In fact, Mrs. T had to wake me when our visitors decided to leave... Only got up after 8 this morning.

We're going to have lunch with friends. They stay on a little farm just outside Stellenbosch (I've posted pics of the place before). Jasmine is going with us, which she should enjoy. Lots and lots of space to run around.

Now to come up with a dessert that will carry their seal of approval - they're on this low GI eating lark... Feck... I would have preferred a summer fruit pavlova with lashings of vanilla-flavoured cream and extra meringue-lets on top. Ah well...

Have a lovely Sunday, whatever you'll be doing.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Tiggeroo!
    You are really embracing this dogging lark arent you? Its wonderful to see.
    My dogs are my absolute constants in my life, the one thing that never changes. I love them.
    I had a late night last night, and slept until about 6, but I am gonna stay in bed for a couple more hours. The dogs have been let out and one is now chewing her nails on the bed with me
    Gonna do some housework and study today and generally chill. Mr Starts gets back sometime tomorrow. I must admit, I have had a lovely weekend but I will be glad to see him tomorrow.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hiya, Starty :l

I know it sounds kinda "aerie faerie", but I really think Jasmine was sent to us. For her to find a loving home with lots of attention and for us to get joy out of her.

And I know everyone says the same thing about THEIR dog, but she really is special.

Housework? Did I hear you just utter the dreaded H word? Oh dear... will you be OK?
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Actually, I'm surprised that you can still even spell the H word...
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I think I will be Tiggs. If it goes tits up, I will simply lay in a darkened room for an hour...

Nope not aerie faerie at all....I truly believe that life gives us what we need when we need it. My first dog came to us in a very strange way. He had been laying under a lampost for 3 hours. Someone called me cos they were too frightened to approach him. When I got there, he simply got up, and walked over to me. I took him home (I had 10 cats at the time) put him in the shed and called the local dog warden. The dog warden had been looking for this dog for 3 days as there had been reports of him straying. Anyway, to cut a very long story short, he lived with us for about 5 years and taught us sooo much. I believe he was sent to us. His name was Monty and a wonderful dog he was too. He came to us on St Patricks day, March 17th 1989.

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1046751 wrote: Actually, I'm surprised that you can still even spell the H word...
            I looked it up

Comment

Totally agree Zenners. They are all so different but they all bring out the best in us

Comment

Hiya, Zennie

This convo just made me think of our cat Bilal (the crier). The animal shelter phoned us to say that they had an adult cat looking for a home otherwise he was going to be put down. The moment he saw Mrs. T, he came over and rolled onto his back like a dog. Turns out he was already around 12 years old, but had a good home for two years until he passed away from bowel cancer. I still think of him when I water the garden and get to the spot where he's resting.
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

See Tiggs? Over and over again, its proved that they choose us in some way...

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1046760 wrote: Hiya, Zennie

This convo just made me think of our cat Bilal (the crier). The animal shelter phoned us to say that they had an adult cat looking for a home otherwise he was going to be put down. The moment he saw Mrs. T, he came over and rolled onto his back like a dog. Turns out he was already around 12 years old, but had a good home for two years until he passed away from bowel cancer. I still think of him when I water the garden and get to the spot where he's resting.
                    I wonder what archaeologists will think one day: kitty skeleton found with metal and plastic burial objects - each of the cubs placed a few items that was of significance to them in Bilal's little box...
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1046763 wrote: I wonder what archaeologists will think one day: kitty skeleton found with metal and plastic burial objects - each of the cubs placed a few items that was of significance to them in Bilal's little box...
                      :upset::upset::upset:

When I had my Yogi cremated, he went with his fave cuddly toy....I placed it under his arm after the vet put him to sleep

Comment

Alrighty, folksies

Before I also get all teary-eyed...

I need to get to tthe shops to buy stuff for the week and for our dessert today. I've decided on fresh fruit kebabs - watermelon, melon, mango, litchi, maybe some late strawberries.

Laters :l
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Laters Tiggeroo :l

Comment

Good morning Mr Tips, Starty and (goodnite Zenny) all this pet talk has got me teary eyed, my Elle was thrown out a car beside some bins which was witnessed by my friend who rescued her. Although i saved her 8 years ago she has saved my life repeatedly and at my lowest times whan i was alone and drinking she was my only reason for carrying on... I swear she was sent to me and i call her 'my angel' every day.
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

Good Morning chill,mr tips & start, goodnight lady zen.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X