Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changes since I stopped drinking

Ways my life has changed since I stopped drinking on 11/29/10:

The shelves in my closet where I used to hide my wine bottles are now full of supplements and boxes of herb tea.

I used to avoid being physically close to others, at both work and home, for fear they would smell alcohol on my breath. Now close proximity doesn?t bother me.

I no longer gag when I swallow my pills/vitamins in the morning.

I?m rarely nauseous and the heartburn that was bothering me towards the end of my drinking has completely gone away.

I haven?t binge eaten since I stopped drinking and have lost several pounds.

My paycheck lasts longer now that I?m not spending $10 and $20 a day on wine.

My heart no longer stops if I see a police car or police lights.

I feel better about myself. I feel like I?ve gotten my integrity back. I?m no longer lying to my family about my drinking, sneaking drinks at work, driving while intoxicated or making promises to myself only to immediately the break them.
    Alcohol Free since 11/29/10!

That is wonderful Lily, really wonderful to hear. I'm very happy to hear hope in your post, alcohol only brings a person down. And you're on your way up.

Comment

Hey lily,

Great post! It always good to see in black and White how your life has changed for the better when going on af!!

Long may it continue!!!

X
      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

congrats hunni.... It feels great doesn't it!

Comment

So happy for you. Being AF is a great way to live, we don't realize when we are in it, how it affects every part of our life. Being AF gives us things that money can't buy, and you described them perfectly, integrity, honesty, trust, courage. Thanks for sharing.
          Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

So true Lily, I agree with all your points - I also found after a while AF that I reclaimed my strength in my personality and I've become a monster, Mrs wishywashy has gone away with the booze and it feels bloody great! All my family are a little bit scared of me lately:H -it's BRILLIANT
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Very inspirational stuff Lily.

Keep it up. Its great to hear the success stories and to focus on the positive outcomes that we get from quitting drinking.

Regards,
              Kevin

:goodjob:
              Moderating since 1st December 2010

"There is no such thing as failure, only feedback"

Comment

Thank you for the inspirational post, I need to read lots of positive outcomes of being AF
                Taking it ODAT

Comment

I'm back after a long time away. I've been unsuccessful moderating, and am prepared to go AF now. I've made it through a daughter's wedding, am in a bit of a marital crisis, but...it's time to try again.

Thanks for reminding me why NOT drinking is wonderful. You wrote a great list.
                  Jane Jane

Comment

nice to find you on here again, lily.
                    i second your post. my list is similar. friggin great, isn't it?!
                    rudyb

Comment

I have often comment that I have my life back. The life I want to lead, filled with satisfying and fulfilling activities. It has been three years now since I joined MWO, and I am grateful for my real life.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Good for you Lily
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just GREAT Lily!
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                          X