Army Thread 25th January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 25th January

mauritiusdodo;1048077 wrote: LMAO just realised it is not an 'actual' army thread is it :H sorry I think the drink has addled my brain more than I thought!!

:HThis made me laugh. I guess it's easy for us to give the wrong impression. You don't have to wear fatigues or carry a gun. Just the will to beat the AL demon and a good sense of humour is all that's required.

Chillgirl;1048108 wrote: Oney i have a big interview over here on 6th Feb, send me ALL your positive vibes, i need this one and then i could stay in Portugal!
    Chill - sending some Irish wishes your way...

Chillgirl;1048122 wrote:
    Yea Bridge Wannachange is coming to see me
    I have meet quite a few and they are even madder that they seem on here :shocked:
    Great news Chill about Wanna's visit. You'll have a fab time with that little yellow fellow!
    Army members madder in person than here on the forum? Now why does that not surprise me...:H
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Now this is spooky, just popped in for a lurk and who should I find

Yooooooooo hoooooooooooooo Stirls :hallo:
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Hiya Jackie dear. inkele:How's your day going?

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Just trundling along made a lasagne, son and heir watching the TV. Not bad at all for a Tuesday in January.

And you?
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Just got back a while ago from visiting older son and half-heir (younger brother gets the other half). We had a lovely chat and looked at some furniture he and his girlfriend are thinking about buying. They plan to move in together within the next few months. I'm pleased as punch - she's a sweetheart.
            Going to toddle off to the kitchen innabit to make Mr. Stirly some double-cheese bacon burgers and chips. I'm being a tad lazy cooking-wise today...

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

It's time for me to go feed, I sound like a vampire and then try and wrestle the remote control out of the son and heir's sweaty little paws.

I know when the daughter moved in with her BF I felt she was so grown up and not my little girl any more.

Laters, my lovely.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

JackieClaire;1048236 wrote: It's time for me to go feed, I sound like a vampire and then try and wrestle the remote control out of the son and heir's sweaty little paws.

I know when the daughter moved in with her BF I felt she was so grown up and not my little girl any more.

Laters, my lovely.
                Talk to you later. I'll be sending you a PM in about 5 minutes...

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

stirly-girly;1048232 wrote: Going to toddle off to the kitchen innabit to make Mr. Stirly some double-cheese bacon burgers and chips. I'm being a tad lazy cooking-wise today...
                  WTF???

Is that allowed? Given the big scare you had last year and all that...

Can't I have them instead?
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

tiptronic_ct;1048240 wrote: WTF???

Is that allowed? Given the big scare you had last year and all that...

Can't I have them instead?
                    Okay then I'll have to make a confession. The "burgers" are made with grated portobello mushrooms instead of ground beef. The cheese is light cheese and the bacon in so lean I actually have to put a little oil in the pan to cook it. All on whole-wheat buns. So basically they have very little cholesterol. But they are very, very tasty. And the chips are oven fries that only have a couple teaspoons of olive oil on them for two medium size servings.
                    And no you can't have them.

Okay - I'm outta here. Later troopers!!

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Tips - I do some Android development (Java) and all sorts of bits and pieces. It's not something I really enjoy, but I'm working on a project with a friend so needs must and all that!

Miserable day here...might go for a swim. If you're going to get wet, may as well do it properly!
                      If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Hey all - didn't have time to post this morning or read the thread eitehr! Today I am all discombooberated. Todya is teh anniversary of my best friend Joe's very sudden death. Not only was he my best friend, he was my business partner. After he died my salsa biz fell by the wayside. I just can't seem to get it back together business wise. I miss him so much. Just feeling so sad today. It will be better tomorrow after a bath and a good cry.
                        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Are you ok Waggy? :l
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Hi everyone cold, wet and getting dark here today. sorry to hear Waggy your so down today but remember your doing great in getting your life back on track , when friends pass on its always hard and its good to remember them, I'll bet if he was alive now he would having a strong word with you now and no doubt you would have some back at him. This time next week you will have over 3 months done don't cave in now, you worked hard for it .MM
                            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Awwwww Waggers, hun.:l

You've come so far,hun. Remember him with love and a smile for the times you shared.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 25th January

Wagoneer;1048315 wrote: Hey all - didn't have time to post this morning or read the thread eitehr! Today I am all discombooberated. Todya is teh anniversary of my best friend Joe's very sudden death. Not only was he my best friend, he was my business partner. After he died my salsa biz fell by the wayside. I just can't seem to get it back together business wise. I miss him so much. Just feeling so sad today. It will be better tomorrow after a bath and a good cry.
                                Good evening trooper!!

Just popped in for a quick peek.

Waggy - sorry about your friend Joe. You must have been devastated. Maybe you could take another look at getting that salsa business up and going. You know, as a way to honour his memory. If you've got the time of course. But it might be a way of dealing with this. I'm just making a suggestion. I could be way off the mark here. But sending you :huggy

Comment

Working...
                                X