Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a particular drink you drink instead of booze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my old habits was coming in from a meeting or day at work and looking forward to that first glass of wine.

I'd like to replace this ritual with something healthier. My obvious thought is coffee but that'd be even worse than alcohol for me as I have anxiety problems!

I do enjoy herbal tea so maybe that is the way forward?

Anyone got any other things they just love?
    Sober since 2nd November 2010!

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Hi Breaking
    I have replaced my glass of wine with a diet ginger-ale or diet icetea. I use a nice glass, put plenty of ice in it and lots of fresh squeezed lemon to take away the artificial sweetner taste. . I find it takes away my craving pretty darn quick. I think it is the sweetness that works for me. I switch to herbal teas later in the evening. So far so good...
    Change your thoughts, and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

I make a lot of Ice Tea, Perrier or Pelegrino with fresh lemon and limes.. sliced cucumber in water is great, anything fresh and cold on hand right away.

Comment

Blackberry "HonesTea". It rocks!

Comment

Diet Sunkist.
          You always succeed if you never stop trying.
          Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

BTC, you really can't beat herbal tea. There are so many delicious kinds with so many benefits! The ritualistic aspect of a cup of tea (the making of it) has a healing component to it as well. I like mine in a china cup that I picked up second hand somewhere. It makes it "special" to me. I've come to associate tea with relaxation. And that is what we often seek, is it not?
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I've found myself drinking lots of hot tea at night over the last 27 AF days. Sometimes I squeeze lemon in it. I've always enjoyed a hot tea now and then, but I'm actively using it for a few drinks at night, late when I would have been drinking scotch otherwise. The forum brought up tea, and having it there has been a good switch for me. Obviously there are no AL effects, but it has been a nice warm comfort to me as I continue to beat this thing out. Sometimes it's been green tea, sometimes just Lipton. It has helped!

Comment

I like Celestial Seasonings Tea. At Christmas they come out with Candy Cane and Gingerbread flavours and they are all natural. Delicious.
                Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey btc,

Do u see having your first glass I'd wine as a ritual, opening the bottle, letting it sit for a bit before you would have the glass. If so, it would be worth finding a drink that also involves a ritual like loose tea. You could get yourself a special tea pot and cups for it. Loose tea will need to be brewed and sieved etc. It will take some time and be a bit special.

L x
                  'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

diet coke and lime. I need to give that up too!
                    Be strong-
                    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Working...
                    X