Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone experienced this ...

Hi Everybody:

I was drinking heavily everyday evening after work for almost 8 years. Today I am 18 days sober (:thanks: MOW writers)

The problem now is, at around 6:30 PM (my usual bar timing was 07:30 PM) I suddenly loose all the energy I was experiencing during the day and goes into an unpleasant mood. But I noticed that I am not getting any urges during that time. Then by around 08:30 PM I feel little energetic and the mood also starts to improve.

Has anyone experienced this? please post.

:thanks:
    Akasoto
    sigpic

Hi there, only on day 3 here so can't speak from experience but could it be lack of sugar do you think? maybe try a high energy slow release snack around 6pm (banana, cereal or energy bar?) and see if that helps?
    Taking it ODAT

Comment

Thanks mauritiusdodo:

I take my evening coffee daily along with some biscuits by 05:30 PM. Will try your suggestion of eating banana.

I am glad that you completed 3 days, have you started to see the benefits?
      sigpic

Comment

Hi Akasoto, and congratulations on your 18 days, that is great. Certainly I experienced a lot of being grouchy, and not feeling like myself in the firts few weeks and months.

Like stated above, your feelings may be associated with sugar. Complex charbohydrates are a better way to go, such as fruit or healthy granola bars. Reaching for the honey pot is not as good.

Perhaps try exercise to help with your energy levels. I also take omega fish oils and vit d, everday. Hang in there,

Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hello Akasoto,

Well done for staying sober for 18 days.
          During the time you haven't been drinking, your body and mind will have been adjusting to the changes that they are going through and some things will appear strange and uncomfortable for a while, but it will settle down. Imagine it as a kind of rebirth or renewal. You're entering a different way of life which involves different ways of thinking and dealing with things. Try not to let these things scare you. You're just finding your balance.
          Take care.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the suggestions, it is working.
            Now I take a 2000 steps walk in the evening and the problem is almost gone.
            sigpic

Comment

Dear Akasoto,

Here are some things to try:

- L-Glutamine - helps keeps blood sugars stable
              - If you are in the US you can buy packets of Emergen-C. It's 1000 mg of Vit C plus other vits and minerals. Mix it in water, and for 20 calories you get a real boost.
              - Water with lots of fresh squeezed lemon juice. Yum.

Congratulations on your AF time. Keep up the good work!
              AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Working...
              X