Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back . . . again

Greetings to all,

I doubt anyone remembers me but I was active on this site until about three years ago when the number of stressors in my life began to exceed my interest in doing much to curb my drinking. And so now I'm up to about a bottle of wine a day and I'm having cravings. The stressors haven't disappeared and they don't show much sign of remitting in the foreseeable future. I hope that I'm still fixable at my old age (50s). I'm thinking of trying acupuncture to help with the cravings. Anyone have any luck with it?

Good luck to everyone on his or her journey!

:heart: E

I'm back . . . again

Hi eustacia,
    We have never met but its nice to meet you anyway! I was going through a very tough divorce and acupuncture helped me immensely. It gave me positive energy to deal with my tough situation. It worked for me. x
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

I'm back . . . again

Hi Eustacia,

I remember you from way back yonder. It's good you've come back for some support. You're very much fixable.

Are you looking at getting in some AF time, or going completely AF?

Comment

I'm back . . . again

Thanks so much, rebirth. By the way, I love your 2011 resolution!

Comment

I'm back . . . again

E ........... It's GREAT to see you back :l:h:l

I don't have any advice about acupuncture but had to say :welcome: back!!!
          sigpicXXX

Comment

I'm back . . . again

Good question, Gia. I would like to think that I can moderate because I'm shy and would like to have a glass or two of wine at social situations and to relax after work but I recognize that my alcohol consumption has increased since I was last here. Are you moderating or going AF? Would moderating even work for someone who has been drinking a bottle of wine most days for three years?

Comment

I'm back . . . again

Hi Betty!

How are you doing?

Comment

I'm back . . . again

I'm doing great thanks .........

Do you know that your thread killer thread is still alive????
                sigpicXXX

Comment

I'm back . . . again

You left while I was new, but its so good to have you back here. We'll hold your hand.
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I'm back . . . again

Welcome back, eustacia.

Comment

I'm back . . . again

eustacia;1049009 wrote: Good question, Gia. I would like to think that I can moderate because I'm shy and would like to have a glass or two of wine at social situations and to relax after work but I recognize that my alcohol consumption has increased since I was last here. Are you moderating or going AF? Would moderating even work for someone who has been drinking a bottle of wine most days for three years?

Right now I'm going AF, I tried Modding and just kept relapsing over and over again and it wasn't working for me at all. I'm going to get some real AF time under me first before I attempt to try to moderate. I don't know if I ever will be able to moderate, but for right now I'm just removing that right out of the equation and focusing on abstaining.

And yeah, your thread is still going!!

Comment

I'm back . . . again

Hi Eustacia and welcome back! I don't know you but I have always loved your "why am I a thread-killer" thread. Especially when it disappears for months at a time and then peeks in again. But beyond that, best of luck to you. I think you were long gone by the time I got here, but this place saved my life. I'm sure you'll find what you need.
                        "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

I'm back . . . again

I remember you! Our lives seem to have followed somewhat parallel paths. I was here also until about 3 years ago. Major stressors, and wham, back to a bottle a night, although in the past few months it has been more like 1.5 bottles. I also am in my 50's, and NO it is not too late! The past week, I have cut down to 2-3 bottles of beer per night. Somehow it seems easier to moderate with beer bottles for me. I have a plan to be completely AF for at least 30 days. I would like to think that I could moderate, but am not sure. I plan to be off the beer by weeks end. I am more than a little concerned about cold turkey given the quantity I have consumed over the past few months, but WILL be AF. I am happy to see you again, and know that we can do this!!!!:l
                          Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

I'm back . . . again

Hi and welcome back. I've only been here for 5 months and was a binge drinker until the beginning of December, when I became AF, thanks to MWO and the support and information I found here. A bottle of wine a night is, of course, not moderate drinking, but at one stage I would have given anything to be only drinking a bottle a night! I, too am in my fifties and have three decades of abusing AL behind me. It wasn't too late for me, so it certainly isn't too late for you. And if I could do it, anyone can.
                            I had acupuncture for migraine and stress and they worked a treat for me. Can't comment on it helping cravings, however. If you go to the meds thread you'll find heaps of info on what's helping others reducing the cravings. Kudzu and L-Glutamine seem to be pretty popular. I used Baclofen and no longer have any interest in drinking at all. Lots of information on that and Dr Olivier Ameison as well as many other meds people have taken to control/end their drinking and cravings.
                            I'm so glad you came back to the site and are ready to give it another go. I found that when I became AF, I was able to cope much better with stresses and stressors and, in fact, most of the problems sorted themselves out because I was able to think clearly.
                            Best wishes once more.
                            :h Mish :h
                            sigpic
                            Never give up...
                            GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                            Remaining a perpetual possibility
                            Only in a world of speculation.
                            What might have been and what has been
                            Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

I'm back . . . again

Hey welcome back. No i haven't tried that BUT i did hypnotism (no idea how to spell) and i really helped me in the long run!

Comment

Working...
                              X