Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 27th January

Good morning, Army

Thank feck: we had no noise disturburbances from our neighbouring students last night. Ahhhhhh... a reminder of what the area used to be like. Alas, it won't last... but at least we could get some rest.

Have a wondeful day, wherever you are and whatever you'll be doing.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Army Thread 27th January

Morning Army, Glad you got some sleep last night Tips! I stayed at home yesterday with my daughter. I'm lucky I have a job that allows me the flexibility to let my children come first. We stayed in all nice and cosy:l. All I can really do for her is keep her as comfy as possible-but this stomach virus is a particularly harsh one. They've actually had to close some schools and businesses because there are so many people out sick. I ran by the library to pick up a few dvd's. We watched The Full Monty. I saw it ages ago but my daughter never had (I was trying to find "feel-good movies!). She loved it but asked me to switch on the subtitles because she could not understand everything:H! Hope you all have a safe and happy day! I'll be checking in later after getting the little one to school.

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Good morning Troopers.

Hiya Expat and Tipperoonie and to all who drop by later.

Ex - hope your daughter is feeling better soon. Not nice when our kids are sick. Take care of yourself, too.

Tips, can you not report the disturbances? I thought you mentioned once that there weren't supposed to be student residences in your neighbourhood. Surely you could report it somewhere...

Off for my morning walk with Freddie. Just wanted to wish you all a very

Laterz inkele:
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Hiya Expat & Stirly :hallo:

Stirly: we're getting very little support from our Municipality. We've had three mayors in 4 years, with power changing between political parties. The effect of that has been to throw the administration of the town into chaos... There is a hearing scheduled regarding the property adjacent to us, but it is only happening at the Council meeting in March.

In the imterim, we ask the residents nicely, then contact their parents and threafter we call the police out. And yes, it often happens that asking nicely has no effect whatsoever. By the time the police shuts them up, it is often around midnight already.
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Is that the price you're paying for living in a university town? (Sorry I haven't been following this ).

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Good morning All
            Sorry about the racket tigger but at least you had a quiet one last night.
            Poor little girl Expat. I only had the bug for a day on sunday and felt awful but when it drags on it must be dreadful. it is an epidemic here but is only lasting 24hrs.
            Hiya Rags and Stirly

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Rags;1049279 wrote: Is that the price you're paying for living in a university town? (Sorry I haven't been following this ).
              Yep. And unfortunately our suburb is kind of "next in the firing line" for encroachment. Our house is less than 1km from campus.

Until the beginning of last year, the place was a haven: peace and quiet reigned. All of a sudden, 4 illegal student houses sprung up. Once they're in, it is hellishly difficult to get rid of them.

The latest is a house where the property transfer hasn't even taken place, yet the new owners went ahead and started alterations and additions without Council approval. Thank feck they've been stopped in ther tracks for now, but they were in the process of converting a double garage into two en-suite bedrooms and adding a third bedroom, which was being constructed right on the border between the properties. We normally have a 2.5m building line, meaning there should be at least 5m between adjacent structures.
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Greetings, Anon

How far will you be running today?
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Hi again. Just back from walking the dogger. Frost on the ground this morning. Current temps about 6C so it must have been close to zero over night. Still hoping for some snow this year.

Hello to Rags and Anon. :wavin:

Tips, that sucks about the student housing and especially about the adjacent property. 5 metres is very little when loud music is involved. We used to live in a university city and the students had some really big and noisy parties now and then. Not good when you have to get up early in the morning. Too bad your neighbours don't stick to the town by-laws etc. It's a shame that a lovely quiet neighbourhood should be changed for the worse. Hope you can get something done about it.

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

tiptronic_ct;1049284 wrote: Yep. And unfortunately our suburb is kind of "next in the firing line" for encroachment. Our house is less than 1km from campus.

Until the beginning of last year, the place was a haven: peace and quiet reigned. All of a sudden, 4 illegal student houses sprung up. Once they're in, it is hellishly difficult to get rid of them.

The latest is a house where the property transfer hasn't even taken place, yet the new owners went ahead and started alterations and additions without Council approval. Thank feck they've been stopped in ther tracks for now, but they were in the process of converting a double garage into two en-suite bedrooms and adding a third bedroom, which was being constructed right on the border between the properties. We normally have a 2.5m building line, meaning there should be at least 5m between adjacent structures.
                    Here's hoping council makes them take it down and refuse any future development proposals.

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Morning army,

Ex - sorry to hear that your little girl is poorly. I hope she feels better soon.

Tips - I find it astonishing that if these houses are illegal then you and your other neighbours can't get a court order to shut them down. It's so frustrating!

Well I am travelling 45 miles for one meeting. Lucky me!!! It's an important one though.

Going to the gym tonight and then off to job hunt. I fell behind a bit this week. Gotta keep it going.

X
                      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Good morning army.on mobile ph...hope all is well and will drop in later

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

mario;1049300 wrote: Good morning army.on mobile ph...hope all is well and will drop in later
                          Have a good day Mario and you too, Cassia. Good luck with the meeting.

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Morning guys.

Happy Thursday.
                            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Hiya BigBum!! How is ya? Hope you're in as chipper a mood as I am. Having myself a good laugh here...inkele::dancin::danthin:

Comment

Working...
                              X