The 30 somethings thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all my mwo friends. This thread is for the younger crowd in mwo. Everyone is welcome. Here i would like to those around my age. I am a 35 year old single male here. Who is doing whatever it takes now to be sober. Vent....spew what your thinking. The thread is for you and not for me. Any and all topics will be talked about. This a a no harm no foul thread. Let's dig in and beat this thing one day at a time and one person at a time. :h In the words of my generation...Entertain us...
    AF 11/22/2010

I am 30. I hate the fact that I can't enjoy a drink like others my age although me thinks others my age might end up thinking like me. I am married and by hubby has quit drinking too! Can I also say that I hate being 30? X
    'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Hey Cassia...great to see you! I feel the same way. I can never be a social drinker..because I am a addict. I drink until I pass out..and than keep drinking because I hate hang overs. Glad you and your hubby are taking the sober plunge...Good for you two! Let's stay strong together!
      AF 11/22/2010

Comment

Yeah...sounds like a plan. I defo abused alcohol. I didn't want to go down the same path as my dad, full blown alcoholic so decided to quit while I was somewhat ahead. Loving the af lifestyle though. 36 days and counting!! X

Comment

That a girl....on day 53 now...GREAT JOB!! AL runs in the family here too...grandpa's were both alcohlics...uncles...aunts...my cousins...it's ingrained. But the cycle starts it's end with me. Great job on your sober time! How are you feeling? Cravings at all?
          AF 11/22/2010

Comment

I feel great. Not getting any cravings really...just miss the social side and feel a real hankering to head down the pub in a Friday with my work colleagues! But such is life. Congrats on 53 days. How ya feeling? X

Comment

Cassia...the having fun and doing thing with work co-mates..makes it really hard for us. I know that feeling alot. Being in the sales arena of life. I have to be a social person, but knowing that. I don't have to give into it. I can be who I want to be without alcohol. And honestly. Everyone uses this AL or AF words. Just say what you are be honest. I am alcohol free today..was it so hard for me type out...NO! Not drinking will be constant battle for..the rest of my life. I know that. Do I get cravings at time...YES! But I think about the bad that comes from it..and it's alot of bad. It's not worth it. I proud of you cassia..good job!!
              AF 11/22/2010

Comment

Hey fellow 30 somethings. Great idea on this thread.

Should we call you Thors for short? Cassia, yes you can hate being 30. I am 37 years old, married, two awesome kids. Like you Cassia, my wife has basically quite drinking now that I have. I keep saying it is her choice, and I respect it, but she can do what she choses.

Thors, I have a similar drinking pattern as you. I drink way too much when I drink. I am an alcoholic, who drinks till I do really stupid things and make horrible mistakes. I hit rock bottom a while back, and have finally made a real attempt at going sober.

Cassia, great job on your 36 days. Thors, great job on your 53 days. I too miss the partying, and social time now that I am sober. Although I am starting to look at that through a different paradigm, and not missing it as much. I guess in time we get used to a new lifestyle.

I look forward to getting to know you two, and anyone else who joins us. Have a great night,
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hey 30 somethings!

I'm 36 and hit day 30 AF today!! So I think I am eligible to join this gang

I'm the same as you lot...can't stop once I get going, carry on until I pass out. I used to think I was the one 'living' and having fun. Not sure now whose p*** poor excuse for a life I thought I was living but there you go!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
                  Bean

Comment

Well done bean...congrats!!! It's an awesome feeling hitting thirty days! X

Comment

Howdy guys - I'm a 37 year old girly - Got a year AF under my belt - I just want to say it does get easier not drinking. I am now comfortable with going down to the pub and having a laugh with friends, I just leave earlier than most, usually when everyone starts repeating themselves It's also kind of cool being able to make sure everyone is okay on a night out and making sure they all get home safely
                      It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

*Hand up* yep I now belong here too. Great idea for a thread.

I am 31, male and single now, have been on top of my situation seriously for about a year. For me turning 30 was a HUGE mind fu*k. I just turned 31 and found it no where near as bad. I was in rehab at 29 so there you go, I find the more I escape who I was through time, the better I feel.

I used to have a beer, then another, then whatever just as much as I could, I used to get annoyed at others not keeping up and the stupid arse things I did and can never take back still gnaw at me but I am working on it. It's amazing you quit that 'lifestyle' and everything around you changes. Who knew alcohol could ever have so much power over me.

I had a few great uncles on my mothers side who were pretty full on with alcohol.
                        "The pain of regret far exceeds the pain of discipline"

Kind of AF since 14/8/09

Fully AF since 16/4/11

It's been one hell of a ride.

Comment

Hi Bean and Zep, Thors and Cassie, Aust Boy, I hope you are all well.

Zep, that is awesome that you have logged a year of sobriety, and that you are so comfortable with it. That is so hard to imagine when just starting out.
                          Bean nice work on your 30 days. I agree with you that my drinking way of life, was no way to live. After my kids and wife went to bed, I would spend Friday and Saturday in my shop, drinking, till late at night if there was nothing going on. Regardless of the weekend, I would drink.
                          Aust boy, it is amazing how much power alcohol has over us, great point. You have been sober for quite some time, excellent!

Have a good day,
                          Hill
                          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hi Bean and Zep, and Cassie, Aust Boy, and Hill! So great see the support! When I turned 30 oh wow...I know how you just look back and go where and the hell did the time go by. Now at 35 it doesn't bother me as much. For me I just realize that sometimes life feels like it passed me by from the years of drinking and thinking of only myself. Never wanting to confront problems. Abusing alcohol to solve problems or make things go away for awhile. Love how everyone is talking about there feelings during what feels like a transition for all of us right now. Take care all and hope your having a great day.....Thors!
                            AF 11/22/2010

Comment

For everyone..here is a great song. We can over AL together. It inspires to me everyday. We all know the inner pain. The regret. How we want to become a person we love to look at in the mirror. One day at a time we heal. One day at a time we get better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m02-RHN_hQE[/video]]YouTube - Daughtry - Over You
                              AF 11/22/2010

Comment

Working...
                              X