Underoos associates Feb 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like to think natural selection makes us drunks smarter as we kill of brain cells.
    only the sick and old ones get killed leaving a leaner faster brain in its wake. :P
    AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

[QUOTE=sapphire1;1060217]you blokes are such smart arses, any wonder the rest of the MWO think this a society only to be gained entry if you qualify for MENSA. Ya know what, I qualify for that Ponse organisation cos someone decided that My I.Q. was rooly high!!!!! Imagine that, high enough to get me into a serious addiction....yeh smart eh??? Anyway i digress...reading back I am so proud to be a part of a really rooly thinking group of folks....just sayin xxxxxx[/QUOandjust read the bluebird poem by reggie..someone please=hand me a tissue. I am sad todaY, SAD BUT NOT DRINKING, WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU LOT
      I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

aspman;1060379 wrote: i like to think natural selection makes us drunks smarter as we kill of brain cells.
        only the sick and old ones get killed leaving a leaner faster brain in its wake. :P
        I've heard that theory before.
        It really suited me at the time too. :H
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hiya Sapphy - why are you sad today? Did the boys find accommodation for the start of Uni? Was work ok over the weekend? How's the lovely Lucy?

Talk to us.

The machinery gods have cracked the darks and rendered both mowers temporarily inoperable. I'm waiting for the mower ambulance to pick them up and take them to hospital. Knowing the blokes at this outfit ... this may take some time. A small embuggerance in the greater scheme of things.

Comment

How's it going Sapphy ?
            Are you OK there ?
            Remeber you'll be a bit overwrought after your work stint.
            ANything I can do to help love ?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

You there, Bridge? Congrats on your 5+kg weight loss. You must be stoked.
              How's mum doing? How's your head?

Comment

Sapphy - sad but not drinking is fine. Much better than being sad and drinking. I'm about an hour later than your post but hoping you are still there! And obviously so are Bridge and TF! :l
                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

tawnyfrog;1060395 wrote: You there, Bridge? Congrats on your 5+kg weight loss. You must be stoked.
                  How's mum doing? How's your head?
                  Yep. Happy with 5 k's feel a bit better already.
                  Mum not so good. More probs on follow up apt, admission to hospital for op on Friday.
                  So we have the Undies surgical trifecta this week.
                  Wed Beagle
                  Thurs Mish's Mum
                  Friday my Mum.
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I don't know about anybody else but the Mum thing makes me totally focus on ... "what'll happen to me when I'm at that stage/place/time" ...

Not meant to be a downer, just passing on my observations ...

ooops - best edit and add the important link: www.itreallyandtrulyisallaboutme.gotit?

Comment

all points post to all underroos:

You all were so generous to me last year when my brother was sick and Mum was in and out of hospital. I thought I was going to go quite bonkers with all that was going on around me. It is nice to be living proof that it is possible to come out the other end and to not feel like a complete basket case :H:H

Please don't hold back on letting it all out if you need to from time to time. That goes for those who are facing stuff themselves and those that are having stuff going on on their families. Personally I would feel privileged to be able to re-pay the favor.

And Rags, we still want to hear about adventures too!!

had a ring from SPCA tonight ........ we have another sick cat arriving tomorrow. This one was poisoned by his previous owners, who couldn't afford to look after him any more. Without wanting to sound like a rescuer (dog forbid that we should give into that self-indulgence :H) I do find it rewarding to nurse them back to health and security. We are holding off until tomorrow as Betty and Wookie have just had their annual shots today - will just give them a chance to recover (although Betty has already brought a skink in, so I guess she is feeling raring to go :H:H)

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

This is a non drinking non smoking sedate woman met father at 14 married at 20 kind of a girl.
                        ......mix up at the hospital......
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

tawnyfrog;1060400 wrote: I don't know about anybody else but the Mum thing makes me totally focus on ... "what'll happen to me when I'm at that stage/place/time" ...

Not meant to be a downer, just passing on my observations ...

ooops - best edit and add the important link: www.itreallyandtrulyisallaboutme.gotit?
                          TF - Techie will still be devotedly looking after you :H:H

(and the rest of us will be checking on you as well)

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;1060405 wrote: TF - Techie will still be devotedly looking after you :H:H
                            If I've told him once, I've told him twice to

Get.off.me.

I need a romance like I need another hole in the head.
                            Just sayin'.

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1060403 wrote: This is a non drinking non smoking sedate woman met father at 14 married at 20 kind of a girl.
                              ......mix up at the hospital......
                              Wanna elaborate? I'm a tad not getting it. Are you talking about You?

Comment

tawnyfrog;1060406 wrote: If I've told him once, I've told him twice to

Get.off.me.

I need a romance like I need another hole in the head.
                                Just sayin'.
                                I love your head and the hole. On the tarmac in Chicago. I have my NY Rangers cap on which could make baggage claim rather dicey. Hopefully outta here tomorrow night!
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X