Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos associates Feb 2011

hello everyone.
    there's been a lot happening here hasn't there.
    i've been pre-occupied with some shit for a while so haven't checked in.
    will endeavour to do so a bit then orf to Perth on Frydee for medical stuff & a long awaited haircut. cousin it doesn't have a patch on me. also as i'm on Febfast i'm looking forward to an af weekend. it's such good timing as i wish to be in good health before my op, so my recovery is better....only gotta do 2 weeks really now then afterwards won't feel like it anyway.....
    i really hope the poor Qld underoonies can hang in there. it certainly looks shocking what's heading your way, given those pics that compared the hurricanes - looks like hell will be descending.
    hi to mr g (now wot's this about a special site - am i invited?), cw, angelcakes my fellow febber (day 2 today my friend!), tawny, bridgee my friend, ficks,bugalugs hello, missy b the kiwi sweetie,aspy (but hell you've got all the texting lingo stuff happening!!) reg when he's around, rags dear the frequent poster (can you get free flights with that?),mishy when she stops gardening,sapphy (you'll be proud - got meself a pedometer & a bike) all visitors stirly (i'll pm you soon) starters,tips, ummm......ktabber,one2,jc,zenners,rc, ummmm...who else.....
    lots to say but not really anything of interest. will pop back in after feeding the blokes ( only hubby & FIL & they're treating me gently!) so will no doubt write anotheer novella of a post.
    bbs.

Comment

Latest YARIS reports

Tropical Cyclone Advice for System 1

Coastal Wind Warning 1

Ocean Wind Warning 1

Well I bet Reggie or Mr G or me would want to be out in that.

Comment

I just can't help thinking about all those poor buggers who are just waiting, waiting, waiting ....

Comment

tawnyfrog;1052735 wrote: I just can't help thinking about all those poor buggers who are just waiting, waiting, waiting ....
          I know. I can't stand it myself. How must they be feeling ? It's just cruel.
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

God I hope those shelters are safe. All those little kids. I've got to stop watching the news for a bit. It's doing my head in.

Over to Biggest Loser.

Comment

Just read the links posted by Rags. Some very scary information there. The one report says seas above 14 metres outside the reef. Does anyone know how the reef affects those waves? Do they abate somewhat as they pass over the reef? I read somewhere that the cyclone will hit at high tide. That makes it even worse since the water level will already be at it's highest. I hope the people in the areas affected have all left for higher ground. Lord knows what they'll go back to.
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

stirly-girly;1052753 wrote: Just read the links posted by Rags. Some very scary information there. The one report says seas above 14 metres outside the reef. Does anyone know how the reef affects those waves? Do they abate somewhat as they pass over the reef? I read somewhere that the cyclone will hit at high tide. That makes it even worse since the water level will already be at it's highest. I hope the people in the areas affected have all left for higher ground. Lord knows what they'll go back to.
                We have been preparing for days, with evacuations and emergency services well prepared, armed forces etc, trying to secure the ones who are left behind. But now they just have to wait for the thing to hit them
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1052776 wrote: We have been preparing for days, with evacuations and emergency services well prepared, armed forces etc, trying to secure the ones who are left behind. But now they just have to wait for the thing to hit them
                  I know, I've read about several newspaper articles so far this morning. It's just that coastal towns will be hit so hard by those waves plus the winds and rain. It's downright frightening to think about it, never mind actually experiencing it. I was reading earlier about cyclone Larry. This was one of the articles.
                  http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/02/02/3128306.htm?section=justin
                  Can't imagine how those people feel, as you and Tawny said, waiting and waiting. It must be just dreadful to know that tomorrow your home could be gone and your town in pieces. Lord, what a horrendous thing to go through.
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hello,
                    Hope everyone is well. big storms here and no internet for ages again.
                    hope this gets through.
                    thinking of you all
                    Hugs!

Comment

stirly-girly;1052779 wrote: I know, I've read about several newspaper articles so far this morning. It's just that coastal towns will be hit so hard by those waves plus the winds and rain. It's downright frightening to think about it, never mind actually experiencing it. I was reading earlier about cyclone Larry. This was one of the articles.
                      http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/02/02/3128306.htm?section=justin
                      Can't imagine how those people feel, as you and Tawny said, waiting and waiting. It must be just dreadful to know that tomorrow your home could be gone and your town in pieces. Lord, what a horrendous thing to go through.
                      Stirly, you are really a lovely person I think :l (don't tell the frog)
                      We'll get there.
                      We always do.
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I.saw.that.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1052791 wrote: I.saw.that.
                          Oh shit she's still up....
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Yup. Watching Twitter updates ...

Comment

Just seen the news, Christ Almighty, it is not fair.
                              Hoping you will all be ok xxx
                              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;1052801 wrote: Just seen the news, Christ Almighty, it is not fair.
                                Hoping you will all be ok xxx
                                As far as I know we haven't got anyone far North on MWO....still.....folks are folks.
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X