Underoos associates Feb 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems that none of us are feeling very chatty this morning.

A quiet, reflective day planned here.

Comment

I started to write a post earlier, but I didn't have anything positive to say so I deleted it.

There isn't much going on here except dealing with the aftermath of the earthquake. It is pretty unfathomable. So many completely unbelievable things seem to be being talked about. Like the fact that Christchurch may in fact cease to exist as a city. The earthquake has resulted in massive amounts of "liquefaction" - which in essence makes the ground unable to be built on.

I was talking to a work colleague this morning - in their office of ten people, no-one has a house that is liveable in any more. At the opposite extreme, my friend who was stuck in Wellington (flights just started again this morning, ferry sailings all now booked up, and rental car availability has dried up) managed to get home (he hitched!), and his house - right in the middle of the city - is virtually unscathed.
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

The only positive is that they are finding some folk alive.
        Imagine being trapped under rubble ? How dreadful.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Jeez, I just thought of Angelcakes' family and friends in NZ. Has anyone heard from her at all ?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Nothing important to say but wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. I do hope Angelcakes is OK. John xx
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1064593 wrote: Jeez, I just thought of Angelcakes' family and friends in NZ. Has anyone heard from her at all ?
              I think they are in Auckland???? Will send her a PM.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

I also keep thinking about that young (?) woman whose name I've forgotten who had a terrible time dealing with the after shocks last time. I don't think she ever came back to us. She's been on my mind a lot today.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1064671 wrote: I also keep thinking about that young (?) woman whose name I've forgotten who had a terrible time dealing with the after shocks last time. I don't think she ever came back to us. She's been on my mind a lot today.
                  I've been thinking about her all day too, couldn't remember the user name.
                  She was trying to stop drinking with aftershocks happening all around her.
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Undies, I'm finding it had to get a grip on this. Facebook is creating chaos unfortunately - lots of people wanting to help, and lots of people wanting help, but the efforts are largely uncoordinated. I put an "accommodation available" thing on FB, but think that the (local) Regional Council site is probably more kosher.

I cant remember the young woman from last year, but if anyone does remember any details let me know

Beagle - Mr B passed on your message - thank you so much! I haven't had much sleep for the last 24 hours so am off for a snooze now

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

I've back-tracked - it was Individualnz - she was/is a RN but hasn't been on line since 14th October 2010 - so I guess she's not reading.

Missy - try to get some rest. I know your head will not stop spinning for a while.

For the Aussies - if you can't donate money - how about blood? Would that be of use?

Comment

Afternoon lovlies,

Zooming by to say hi. I think that members name is Pink Angel? Havent heard from her for quite some time. Had to stay away from the tele today as news is way too distressing. Been extra busy with work of late and also starting a course of study in social welfare. Lucy is doing fabulousy and is an absolute mummies girl. I have hired a dog walker for her weekend stays with mum as she needs to exercise every day to keep her weight down...dont want her getting overweight like my poor baby Saffy. The boys have found accomodation and have started Uni on Monday. I am so proud of the way they have both organised their rentals, furntiure, centrelink stuff etc. etc. all by themselves!! I was so busy at work and couldnt get any time off, so all I could do was advise them on stuff. Ben tells me he has even started cooking a....bloody..mazing to say the least, he might turn out to be the next master chef!! Oright then I'm off to do my other job for a few hours...actually it has become more like recreation compared to the front line of the real job...aint it amazing how our perspective changes when we venture into unchartered waters and really challenge ourselves. Prayers and hopes for all of our N.Z. family. Luv Saff
                        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

YOu are right Tawn, it was Indiviualnz, although its been a while since PInk Angel posted as well
                          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Sapphy - great stuff re the boys. Bet you're proud as.

Pink Angel last posted back in December but her last Forum activity was on Feb 15, so maybe she's just reading?

Comment

That's it. IndivNZ.
                              Can only hope that the poor girl checks back in.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hi Undies

Just wanted to say hello. Have been around for a couple of weeks and just in the newbies nest mostly although have spoken to CW who kindly PM'd me a welcome. Hope i can drop in and have a chat sometimes, the time zones delays are doing my head in at times but maybe thats just me. Theres been so much happening on our side of the world it would be nice to talk sometimes, thanks happy

Comment

Working...
                                X