Underoos associates Feb 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ringing Cedars;1053696 wrote: Perhaps we ran off to fix everyone and everything preparing us to eventually fix ourselves??

Saying my thanks to God and the universe for keeping everyone from harm yesterday. Truly a miracle.
    Couldn't agree more on both counts RC.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Quick fly through by me. Been studying weather for Bendigo and Central Vic. in general and it looks like I might get a bit wet again. Been going like the clappers all day and finished the drain about an hour ago. The channel and grate is in and back-filled; I've dug a hole to contain a 45L rubbish bin which will act as a sump; sunk a pump into that ... so it's all systems go. Can hear rumbling thunder and even at 4pm, it's pretty dark and ominous.

Haven't eaten a thing and I'd kill for a Dial-a-Pizza right now.

Some more hatches to batten down. Raindrops are falling on my roof .....

Comment

tawnyfrog;1053816 wrote: Quick fly through by me. Been studying weather for Bendigo and Central Vic. in general and it looks like I might get a bit wet again. Been going like the clappers all day and finished the drain about an hour ago. The channel and grate is in and back-filled; I've dug a hole to contain a 45L rubbish bin which will act as a sump; sunk a pump into that ... so it's all systems go. Can hear rumbling thunder and even at 4pm, it's pretty dark and ominous.

Haven't eaten a thing and I'd kill for a Dial-a-Pizza right now.

Some more hatches to batten down. Raindrops are falling on my roof .....
        I can't do anything about the rain, but I have a vegetarian pizza with antipasto and extra cheese with and a bruschetta for starters and a tiramasu for dessert...........on the way......It may take a while to deliver
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

quick fly by from me too. TF - you are such a hard worker!

All good here but a bit tired after catching up with 2 days out of the orifice.

Welington is in party mode this weekend with the Rugby Sevens on in town. It is great fun - lots of people go in groups and get dressed up in a "theme". There are prizes (big ones!!) for the "best dressed". My pick for this year's winner is the Gingerbread Men.

http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images...ookies_pgb.jpg

I note however that the organic free range chooks are a popular favourite :H:H

This is what it is like walking through the streets at the moment (note: Tip there is a great one of some SA fans, and Angel, check out the pohutukawa ladies :H)
          2011 Wellington Sevens - the fans - Sport - NZ Herald Pictures
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

No, sorry to dissappoint... I don't have a yurt... YET!
            But it's part of the big picture
            Go Froglet!
            Has bucketed down here in most spectacular fashion. Just a tiny taste of what others are experiencing.

Comment

fickle;1053862 wrote: No, sorry to dissappoint... I don't have a yurt... YET!
              Well, you shall have one...because you deserve it .......hear that universe ? :H
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening all,
                Just got home from Sydney. Catching up on the last cuple of days posts.
                Nice trench Tawn. I have a McLeod Tool too. Love it.
                Yeah, Beags, I'll come over for 200 grams of steak.
                Techie, hope all is now OK.
                Hi Betty.
                Hi Mr G.
                I don't have space for a yurt.

Comment

And I suppose I shouldn't mention that I'd really like a bit of steady rain where I am for a couple of days.

So I won't.

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1053893 wrote: Well, you shall have one...because you deserve it .......hear that universe ? :H
                    TA!
                    I want one of these for my own 'special' place

Here is one attached to a boring brick house very similar to mine

Comment

Hey Reggie,
                      I hear your pain!
                      Goodness it all makes me rethink our whole value system really!
                      HUGGS

Comment

Oh Reggie,
                        surely it's a mop up situation and at least you have the four walls + roof? You have insurance!
                        I should prolly take a ticket out as well since i've not suffered any disaster (yet, except for the one i perpetually live in)
                        floods are supposed to come here but we'll see
                        We are all in that boat of 'to try or not to try' and it is always a gamble.
                        nothing ventured nothing gained.. and trying feels good! so don't get so disheartened.
                        At the end of the day the best thing we can do is fight the good fight
                        chin up and huggs again!

Comment

Evening Fick's, Reggie and valued Threadian's,

Off the grid living Reg. Anything is possible if we really want it, i believe. Dream large brother.

A bit of heavy rain here the last couple of hours. How are you going there Tawny?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I've just spent a pleasant half hour properly reading back over the last couple of days.

Hope all you Victorians are okay, and that things don't get much worse than a mop up. Thinking of you all.

Those yurts look fabulous. I have added it to the list of things that I want if and when we buy another house. Mainly I want outside space for chooks, chook house, veggie garden and a yurt!!!

Mr G - interested to hear how the pre-employment course goes! How long does it run for and does it include follow-up support?

Interested to hear that Bridge and Ficks are coming off the Bac. I have a very ambivalent attitude to Antabuse, but mostly I hate taking it (and don't do so every day - only when I feel "at risk"). I've got the appointment with the addiction counsellor this week, and want to talk about my struggle with myself in the "whatever it takes" game.

Beagle - you are sounding so well!! Are you? Hope the pre-op stuff and haircut went well. I was salivating at the thought of fresh lamb .........

Mr B and I treating ourselves to a wee jaunt today - ferry across the harbor to Somes Island (conservation area) then on to a nice place we know for lunch. Making the best of the last of summer before it gets cold again!

have a great day everyone!!
                            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning Missy and all,

Hopefully a bit of respite from the heat today. And lack of natural disasterdom would be appreciated too.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning Missy, international guest's to follow, and my fellow Threadian's,

Have a great day Missy, sound's relaxing. I hope the Add/counselling is useful to you.

Continuous rain here overnight, and i suspect you are getting it too Tawny. How are you fairing?

Off to the coalface now, as it's the work w/kend. Ooroo.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X