Underoos associates Feb 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sapphire1;1056107 wrote: Just got off the floor Ficksy, laughing my ass off. Honestly though who gives a fats rats clacker what you are driving and or what you wear??? Let that be the least of your worries. I attended a funeral recently whereby the family of the departed turned up in brand spanking new pink fluffy slippers!!!!!! And ya know what....who cares? I gave up long ago worrying about the social niceities, conventions etc. etc. in fact I prolly go out of my way to look as unusual as possible, just to assert the idea that I am not what I am clothed in, drive in, housed in etc. I am in fact not defined by anything other than my bloody humanity which I share with six billion others...that is more than enough to satisfy my need to be a part of a clan. I am not a lonely man, I have a clan (Rowan quote). Rambling aside, hello my lovley undies...........I will read back and catch up laters
    Yes Sapphy you are right,
    Except, there are times when all a pack needs is a tiny whiff of a rumour to hunt you down - Sorry, small town memories.
    I remember when I used to be like you
    and i do shrink at the idea of pink fluffies at a funeral

Comment

stirly-girly;1056166 wrote:
      :H:H
      Actually it's quite amusing to watch. You sit back and don't do a thing and the cursor starts moving around the screen clicking on this and that and new windows opening and such. And then, in a few minutes, the problem's solved and Bob's yer uncle...

:wavin: Tawny
      I have a couple of friends who could do that. I'll chat to them when I get back. My work around has been to start putting the full size pics on an external slim hard drive which I shall take to the US with me.

But meanwhile....... first they take over your computer........then

what's that strange buzzing in my head......AAAAAARRRRGGGHHH

Comment

Rags;1056177 wrote: I have a couple of friends who could do that. I'll chat to them when I get back. My work around has been to start putting the full size pics on an external slim hard drive which I shall take to the US with me.

But meanwhile....... first they take over your computer........then

what's that strange buzzing in my head......AAAAAARRRRGGGHHH
        :H:H
        Good luck on getting the problem solved and the photos on the hard drive before you go.

Are the Teddies going with you? Do they have their skis ready...

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I've just got back from college and read back....great fun! Sounds like it was buzzing earlier.

I was sooo hungry by the time I left college and was so tempted to get a bottle of wine but treated myself to an Indian - a small bowl of dahl and a freshy made naan bread, washed down with icy cold lemonade. OK so I broke the high protein diet but I didn't drink!

Sooooo tired now....
          CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

Hello folks. I see I'm be reported AWOL. I've just been extremely busy but things are easing up. Getting excited for the meetup with Rags. It will give me an opportunity to try out my new cologne called Bridle Path.
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Bridle Path????????? Really!!!!! Hubs can get that without paying for it!!! (and usually does!)
              LOVE you wacky warts!!!! You are SO the real deal when I have a chance to read back and catch up. Believe this redneck girl (ok, old woman!!) would be right at home in your midst!! Just got a new pair of shoes from Ammo & Hunting Gear, Camping & Outdoor Equipment, Military Surplus & Clothing at Sportsman's Guide, but my fav shoes of choice are UGG's. Don't have any koalas, anteaters, or kangas, but overrun with bear, coyote, armadillo, possum, beaver, racoon, etc etc etc.
              NEVER change!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

techie;1056381 wrote: Hello folks. I see I'm be reported AWOL. I've just been extremely busy but things are easing up. Getting excited for the meetup with Rags. It will give me an opportunity to try out my new cologne called Bridle Path.
                :H:H:H
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

morning all,

orf to facilitate a planning meeting for the day and I am not in the mood for it.

better have an extra strong coffee ........
                  Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Rags;1056162 wrote: Hey there Sapph,

Well, do you count Zumba as a tall building... it is so funny me swinging my body mass around !! It's still going one way when I've changed to another direction. :H
                    Jiggered my left shoulder and torn a muscle so that's keeping me in line. Just hope it heals by the time I'm hitting the slopes. Nine days to go before I do
                    0f course I see zumba as a tall building!! I have been working my ass of and have not had time to check in here. But ya know what, it makes a difference....Iam mot quite as together as I could be I am not drinking, but feel a it vulnerable. I will stay around the boards today
                    I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

techie;1056381 wrote: Hello folks. I see I'm be reported AWOL. I've just been extremely busy but things are easing up. Getting excited for the meetup with Rags. It will give me an opportunity to try out my new cologne called Bridle Path.
                      G'day Techie!

Is 'Bridle Path' cologne really as good as they say? I'll try a case.

Morning Missy, Hi Ruby! and Tip's, and warm greetings to all who follow,

Your meeting probably won't be as tough as the thought of it Missy? Have a great day regardless.

A maaarvellous day to all rooter's. Keep it real y'all!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

tawnyfrog;1056092 wrote: I'd rather have a mooey, an over protective kangaroo and joey, a stock horse and three (3) self-invited visitors than look after somebody's baby for half a day. Babies scare me shitless.
                        tiptronic_ct;1056095 wrote:
                        I'm sure the feeling will be mutual :H:H:H
                        :H:H:H

Nice one Tip!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hello Mr. G. how goes it?
                          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

sapphire1;1056497 wrote: 0f course I see zumba as a tall building!! I have been working my ass of and have not had time to check in here. But ya know what, it makes a difference....Iam mot quite as together as I could be I am not drinking, but feel a it vulnerable. I will stay around the boards today
                            Morning Saph, you beautiful, beeeeewdiful!

Something i remember well, and know to be a challenging experience true for many folk's in the early AF day's, is/are the emotional up's and down's, or emotional rollercoaster's. Your job is like that, as is mine. Emotional up's and down's are best avoided as much as possible in my experience in our early sobriety, as it can sometimes too easily de-stabilise us, and we can turn to the old 'coping' mechanism's, i.e. getting sloshed. This is not to say that you, or anyone else can't handle this stuff, but just an acknowledgement that this can be difficult. You are doing an incredible job keeping it together, and i'm sure you realise all of this. Anyway, this post comes from a place of caring, and i know i'm sticking my beak in again, but keep a handle on your emotional balance. Emotional balance is essential, i reckon, to successfully getting through the first months etc, of AF living. Of course, each day we should get stronger, as the old habit/routine slowly but surely de-programmes, and unravel's itself, and newer, healthier habit's/routines/lifestyle choices are made.

Is the sun out where you are today? Ooroo!

Comment

Morning All,

A nice early start to the day! Off to school then for a walk.

I think there maybe a change coming to the weather, at least at night. Son got up this morning and said he was cold. A good excuse for a 5 minute cuddle in bed before starting the day.

More college stuff going on today as I have to sign on for two on-line courses as well. Being near the computer will probably bring me back here.

Talk soon
                              x
                              CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

Guitarista;1056531 wrote: Morning Saph, you beautiful, beeeeewdiful!

Something i remember well, and know to be a challenging experience true for many folk's in the early AF day's, is/are the emotional up's and down's, or emotional rollercoaster's. Your job is like that, as is mine. Emotional up's and down's are best avoided as much as possible in my experience in our early sobriety, as it can sometimes too easily de-stabilise us, and we can turn to the old 'coping' mechanism's, i.e. getting sloshed. This is not to say that you, or anyone else can't handle this stuff, but just an acknowledgement that this can be difficult. You are doing an incredible job keeping it together, and i'm sure you realise all of this. Anyway, this post comes from a place of caring, and i know i'm sticking my beak in again, but keep a handle on your emotional balance. Emotional balance is essential, i reckon, to successfully getting through the first months etc, of AF living. Of course, each day we should get stronger, as the old habit/routine slowly but surely de-programmes, and unravel's itself, and newer, healthier habit's/routines/lifestyle choices are made.

Is the sun out where you are today? Ooroo!
                                Yes G. you are so right about the emotional ups and downs, my challenge is to not be attached to outcomes with my people, but it is hard not to rush in and try to 'save' people from their inevitable demise. You can see it, but cant intervene as this is their journey and it has to play out to the end, hopefully a positive outcome. On the up front, I am getting to know my people. They are starting to trust me and see me as someone who really knows what they are on about. I can talk to them one on one and they feel that my experience with the dark side of life matches up with their story. I only hope that they can see a way out of their hardships because I have found a way out.

Comment

Working...
                                X