Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos associates Feb 2011

:H:H

love the skiing teddies Rags!! Do you find that taking them with you opens up doors to talking with people that you wouldn't otherwise get to talk to??

Feeling a bit better today although I still have raging tonsillitis. It is back to being sunny which definitely helps!! Looking forward to the weekend ..... we are off with a couple of friends for a weekend in the country including a concert (Topp Twins if anyone has heard of them!). Concert is at a vineyard, but I am the designated driver, and as all my friends have sponsored me for Feb Fast my pride will act as a complete barrier to giving in to temptation!
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning Missy, and all ratbag's,

Febfast sounds like a good plan Missy, and why not? It's only a month out of a lifetime is how i look at it, and BJesus, who know's where that will lead. 30 day's af is a fantastic exercise/experience, whether we go back on the turp's later, or not. I know of the Topp twins. We have our local Brunswick music festival here in late feb/march, and they are regular guest's. Haven't caught them yet i must admit.
      Re the vineyard expedition, i've recently discovered cranberry juice. Looks like wine

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning Missy, and all ratbag's,

Febfast sounds like a good plan Missy, and why not? It's only a month out of a lifetime is how i look at it, and BJesus, who know's where that will lead. 30 day's af is a fantastic exercise/experience, whether we go back on the turp's later, or not. I know of the Topp twins. We have our local Brunswick music festival here in late feb/march, and they are regular guest's. Haven't caught them yet i must admit.
        Re the vineyard expedition, i've recently discovered cranberry juice. Looks like wine, lol, but very noice and GOOD for you.

Have a marvellous day folk's, and give those teddies a big hug today Rag's.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Miss Behaving;1056974 wrote: :H:H

love the skiing teddies Rags!! Do you find that taking them with you opens up doors to talking with people that you wouldn't otherwise get to talk to??

Feeling a bit better today although I still have raging tonsillitis. It is back to being sunny which definitely helps!! Looking forward to the weekend ..... we are off with a couple of friends for a weekend in the country including a concert (Topp Twins if anyone has heard of them!). Concert is at a vineyard, but I am the designated driver, and as all my friends have sponsored me for Feb Fast my pride will act as a complete barrier to giving in to temptation!
          Good morning Missy,
          Yep, EVERYBODY loves the Teddies. And strangers will stop and smile, and sometimes chat. I had to hide them most of the time when I was in Africa as the kids would go absolutely berserk when they saw them. There would have been no point in giving them to the kids as they would have been pulled apart by kids fighting over wanting to give them a cuddle. It was a very sad thing to see.

Still got the tonsilitis...... If that were me I'd have been on day 3 of amoxycillan by now and feeling heaps better.....................
          Isn't it good setting up strategies that involve others so you don't drink. Keeps us honest, (to quote a former Australia Party leader).

Comment

Morning Undie pants.
            Wretched night last night, with my poor Mum being taken to hospital and almost flatlining. My Dad phoning in a mess, driving all the way to Sydney with her, no beds available (crap health system we've got) mistakes made with blood collection lead to a bleed and near cardiac arrest. Then Dad got lost on the way home in the middle of the night, ended up in the back streets of Kings Cross being solicited. Twice. By a meth whore.
            At least he got a laugh out of that one.

Thankyou God that I wasn't drinking and could respond and help.

Hope everyone else's day is going MUCH better.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Are you OK Bridge?

Comment

I'll be good Raggsy. Thankyou.
                It's actually got me thinking about a few things, but we'll crack that one open another time.
                Just trying to work out whether or not to pack up and piss off.
                If I do will take laptop and be in contact.
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Bloody hell Bridge - how is she this morning?

Comment

Oh Bridge :l Thinking of you and all your family. Hope things get a bit better today.
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Thanks girls.
                      She's stabilised this morning, but has an ongoing condition that's caused all of this, which is still critical. Poor soul.
                      Being a silver lining person, I am glad for the opportunity for different opinions, don't trust the doctors where they come from.

There will be repercussions, and changes are afoot for all of us I think.
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1057224 wrote: I'll be good Raggsy. Thankyou.
                        It's actually got me thinking about a few things, but we'll crack that one open another time.
                        Just trying to work out whether or not to pack up and piss off.
                        If I do will take laptop and be in contact.
                        What about your boy just starting high school?

Comment

Rags;1057248 wrote: What about your boy just starting high school?
                          He's in year 8/ second form this year. Where he'll go remains to be seen. Probably stay here with relos.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

You look after yourself my dear Bridge.

Comment

Hi Bridge,

Hope things are improving today. Thinking of you and your family xx
                              CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1057206 wrote: Morning Undie pants.
                                Wretched night last night, with my poor Mum being taken to hospital and almost flatlining. My Dad phoning in a mess, driving all the way to Sydney with her, no beds available (crap health system we've got) mistakes made with blood collection lead to a bleed and near cardiac arrest. Then Dad got lost on the way home in the middle of the night, ended up in the back streets of Kings Cross being solicited. Twice. By a meth whore.
                                At least he got a laugh out of that one.

Thankyou God that I wasn't drinking and could respond and help.

Hope everyone else's day is going MUCH better.
                                My thoughts are with you and prayers for Mom. Stay strong my dear. Remember you have a family here too....I find they're helpful...Love you! John xx
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X