The Journey begins here...So Get your ass in gear for February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning Grateful - you said so much the right thing to Rog - you are much better with words than I am - but Rog, I so agree with her - you are always here for ALL of us. you have my number - I am working today - leaving shortly - but will be home around 4.00 today - please call me - I so feel for you in your situation. it must be so difficult for you. And Grateful - I understand your situation too - oh for a perfect world.

RC - how awful, with the roof - yes, you know that Rog could fix it - shame he can't just wiggle his nose and be at any of our homes isn't it? Hopefully there wasn't too much damage and that it is a fairly easy fix? Oh - who is MS Bear? MB ?? Well, I still think you are a sweetheart and thank you for your words of wisdom re Maggie - anything I can do to help her I will.

Hill - hope you have a great weekend - sounds fun - now, I have to run or I will be like Nora and be LATE.

Love and hugs to all,

Sun XXX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Oh Rog...my heart is breaking for you. You have the weight of the world on you and carry so much on your shoulders and being broke just makes it worse. I am here for you too my friend.
      RC - are you ok with the roof???
      Sunni - it ws SO wonderful chatting and laughung with you last night.
      Rubes - enjoy your cabin and your "you" time.
      GM - sweet Kelly
      ok...off to the shower and work. I am alone today........arrrrggghhh!!!
      But I have a three day weekend.YAY.....this house is a wreck, so you know what I am doing.
      BTW...Dad feels really good........:-)
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good morning everyone! No roof caving in thank God. But almost every spring with the thaw and rain there is a mysterious leak that several people have looked for and can't seem to find. I've avoided ripping the ceiling down to find it, but with years of damage it is inevitable now. I do need to remove some ice in a valley where I think it originates. For now have turned to furnace up and hope that the rest of the snow and ice slide off today or tomorrow if it stays mild, which it's supposed to. Ho hum....

T--hang in there buddy. I know exactly what you mean about asking for help. You should though as the others have said. You deserve it and don't let your inner thoughts tell you differently or let your pride prevent you -- Please. You have so many depending on you and you give so much--accepting help is a very reasonable option right now. Ok off my soap box....Sending you love and comfort sweet Rog:l

Grateful-no apologies please. I think it's great that you pop in at the best times. Have fun with Addy. Do you take naps with her?

Sunni I was meaning you as MS Bear--a reference to a comment in the "dead thread" LOL (inside joke)

Mama Bear is the sweetest bear too! Glad your Dad is doing so well.

IAD-how goes that exercise program?

Have a great long weekend Hillside--sounds like you will. Careful on the ice.

Miss Nora you must be getting super excited....can't wait to hear all about it.

Swanny--I wish there was something I could do to help. Know that I am thinking of you and care very much.:l

Have a wonderful day everyone! xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

OK, here's a quick synopsis:10 wrecks to get thru coming here. Stopped for a sanwich, dogs ate it. Can't find anything. No water (called everyone in the book, have 2 guys out there now working. No power upstairs. Slipped and crashed going to show them stuff. Argggggg! Rog, wil u move in with me?
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

BREATHE Ruby!! Glad you weren't 1/10!! Sorry for your frustrations--you will sort it out being the very capable person you are!! xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

(((((((((((((((Ruby)))))))))))))) RC is right. Breathe. Take care of you. That is why you are there. :l

Roger - I'm so sorry for what you are going thru. You are a great friend to all. Now is the time to lean on us. :l

Everyone have a wonderful day. I love coming here in the morning and checking in with my friends. :h
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Rog call me at cabin, Posted a long mess. Lost it. Guys here fx'n stuff. Hubs gets the bill.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

good morning ... and thank you all... rc sorry i didnt pick up the phone ... but thank you .. wel it does feel better that i at least talk somewhat about it .. and well i just became ser james the shofor here and there ... uncle cant drive for at least a month or so ... well anyway rc what type of roof do you have and whats the angle of it ...and ruby yes i would love to move in with ya but the dog will have to leanr to love me first ..maybe if we let her take a bite of me she will like me then ... lol
                  but anyway thankx again love and big hugs one and all
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I'm off to honors band check in..just a quick hi....b

Comment

Roger--no worries. Just wanted you to know I was there for you. As for roof, it is steal and the angle is 45 degrees?? I'm guessing. There isn't sign of leakage in the attic, so they think it's somehow running along beams and dripping out in several spots in my bathroom.

Hiya Bird--hope you are feeling better.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

I'M FINALLY HOME! I missed you all so much and I have to go back about 25 pages to catch up with what all is going on with each of you. We didn't get home until last night and we were so exhausted! My brother brought his bulldozer to our old house and dug a 25' hole and buried and burned all the trees on the property from our last renters. Paul, my daughter and I spent 3 days picking up limbs and taking them to the fire. I can hardly move today from being so sore, but trying to do laundry and catch up. My daughter finally picked a place to get married and set the date...May 14, so we got so much to do to get ready for it! It was a really sad time, too, because my Daddy is getting so weak and feeble. He's not going to live much longer and I don't know how I'm going to handle losing him and Moma loves him so much, so I know how horrible it will be for her to lose him. Do you ever want time to just stand still? I love you all and I promise to catch up this evening. Love, Vicki
                        I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                        but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Hallo Vicki - lovely to have you back - you have been missed. I thought the city bought your old house from you? So pleased that your daughter finally set the date for her wedding - rather you than me - I told both my daughters double pressies if they eloped! as you can tell, I am definitely not a socialite!! LOL I do hope that your dad is around for it - that would be so sad if he isn't...... You have to stay strong for your mum you know. It will be hard for all of you - I know, I have been there and it is SO hard. I still miss my dad 16 years later...

RC - glad that your roof hasn't actually gone - we had a leak and it turned out it was easily fixable thank goodness - the chap that came told us it could be anywhere as it can run along the beams etc., etc. Turns out with us that the chaps that put in our new windows umpteen years ago hadn't caulked some of them (Duh!!!) Unfortunately they are out of business now or we could have gone after them for the repair bill to have the ceilings fixed. (wonder why they are out of business - Hum???).

Ruby - you sound in one heck of a pickle! LOL at the dogs eating your sandwich!!! anyway hope you are getting stuff sorted now! I decided to take half a day off today seeing as there were three of us managers at work - we didn't need three of us so I made a great sacrifice and offered to take a half day - so nice of me don't you think? I did. I ran errands and got a lot of stuff done that I had been putting off.

Oh RC - LOL to the Ms Bear comment !!!! Sorry - sometimes a tad slow on the uptake - as you all know only too well!!!!

Love and hugs to all,

love, Sun XXX
                          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good for you taking the time off Sunshine. I am proud of you!!
                            My roof leak has something to do with the ice lifting the the steel I think. I must do something next winter, if I'm still there. Cover that area with heavy plastic maybe??

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Shit Rubes are you ok?
                              Did you fall
                              Nora....give Fen a big sloppy kiss for me
                              I am home for a 3 day weekend......OMG
                              I have at least 3 days of cleaning and ironing (Sunni, please come help)
                              eating a pork chop sandwich and chilling...
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I have just woken up! Decided to have a quick nap - at 1/4 to 4 - and at 7.15 woke up! Oh I did enjoy it though - of course, the dogs, who usually get fed at 5.00 weren't so impressed!! Have fed them, will tidy up a bit then it will be time to get ready for bed. LOL. So much for attacking my ironing - Jan - when I can wade out from under my pile of ironing I will come and help with yours. How nice for you to have a 3 day weekend - do hope that you don't spend it all and cleaning and ironing. Take a few hours for you and - I know - have a nap!!! Gosh I did enjoy that! If your weather is nice, go and have a picnic somewhere. Take a blanket and a book and just relax. Wish I lived near the sea.

ruby - what is going on with you? Your whole post was so confusing. Is everything okay? Well, I know it is, but what on earth is going on?

Bird, nice to see you popping in..you are always so busy with your children! I really hope they appreciate you!

Wonder when Fen and Nora and co are all meeting up? how exciting for them all.

Talk later - if I am still awake. that nap made me sleepy. LOL

hugs to you all - love you!

Sun XX

Comment

Working...
                                X