The Journey begins here...So Get your ass in gear for February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to our family, Pro! You are safe here, we will never judge you, just love and encourage you.Don't avoid posting when things aren't going well. That's when you need us the most. YOU CAN DO THIS! Just take it one day at a time, sometimes, one step at a time. Bill, I hope your sleeping habits improve. ointup: YEAH FOR DAY 4! ointup: I am so proud of you! Biz, I hope you enjoy the cds and dvds! They really helped me alot! So happy you are closing on that Maryland property! Thank you so much for helping Bill. Will he have to be put on a long waiting list to get into an apt? He needs somewhere to go fast! RC, it is so good to see you post with all your encouragement and wisdom! We miss you when you aren't here! I mailed your pkg out, but it may come back to me, because I didn't know your last name. Nora, I hope you have a good day. I miss Grateful, MB and Ruby!
    I have had a pretty good day. I've been working on my daughter's addresses for the shower and wedding and I have finished going through all her thousands of pics growing up and pulled out all the best ones for her to make a video, or whatever ya'll called it. Paul has been so sick, he has not got out of his recliner all day, so we haven't hardly talked, but atleast the vodka and the beer is all gone and he didn't go get anymore, so hopefully, tonight will be better. I went back and read all your posts. Fennel, I'm so glad you had a great time on your trip. I would say the same thing to someone else in my shoes, but like I said, I am stuck here for now. The house is paid for and I am on disability and Paul works sometimes, so he has money to buy booze. Paul usually is a good husband and takes care of me. It's not like I could find anyone else to and I aint staying here in these woods by myself, so far away from my kids and family. Sunni, you are so right. I need to take better care of myself. I stay so busy, I forget to eat and then I bottom out or if I'm sick or upset, my sugar goes through the roof! It's just a rollercoaster, but today I have been checking my BS and I got real low (27) and Paul got up to fix me something to eat and I told him to sit down, I could take care of myself. I do try to talk to Paul and encourage him and he promises everyday he won't drink, until around 3, another promise is broken. so many times I have made him choose me or the alcohol and he always chooses the booze. He loves his alcohol more than me! Okay, that's enough about me, it will all work out. I hope everyone has a wonderful evening. I love you all so very much! :heartsnflowers: Vicki
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Vicky, the 'thingy' was the transcript of a talk on self-esteem I promised you ages ago when you were down on yourself, so in a way, I'm kind of glad you don't remember it because I've been feeling really bad about not getting 'a round tuit.' I don't really know your situation as well as the others, but if the house is yours and is paid for, have you thought of selling and moving closer to your other family. You always have choices and if your marriage is endangering your health and life, you need to seriously look into them. I'm with Fen...I won't ever live with anyone who treats me badly ever again. Life is so short and precious, and so are you, and don't deserve to spend it being abused by someone who isn't prepared to address his own issues. You've given him the choice...you or the booze, and he chose the booze. Find a way to make good on your ultimatum or you are, in fact, enabling him. Have you read Penelope Leach's "Co-dependent No More?" It helped me find the courage to start on the path of leaving abuse behind me.
      RC, the animals have been very well behaved and are thriving, and the truck is running well. Glad you and Fen and Nora are back...still missing Ruby.
      Pro, you never fail until you give up trying, and you haven't, so you're still on the right track. Posting again is a good step in the right direction, so keep coming back for the love you need. Remember, when you're your least loveable, that's when you need loving the most, and this is the place to find it. Read my signature...never Give Up, Get Up, and keep telling it to yourself. You can do it.
      Bill, hang in there and well done on the AF days. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
      Love and hugs everyone.
      :h Mish :h
      sigpic
      Never give up...
      GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
      Remaining a perpetual possibility
      Only in a world of speculation.
      What might have been and what has been
      Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Mish, what a sweet and encouraging posts. You are the second person who has suggested that book to me, so I will order it tonight. That would be really nice of you to send me the "thingy" whenever you have time. I have some joyce meyers dvds I would love to send you if you send me your address. When I see your posts, I always wonder if that is a picture of you on the top and bottom? I know I have really downed my hubby, but he really is a good guy, he just has an alcohol problem that he can't give up. I could never sell this place, because it is 1200 acreas of family land. We own 28 acres and Paul really loves this place. It's his heritage. Ok, no more talking about me. God will make everything work out for my good. Without that faith, I would be a hopeless person and I want to be a positive, encouraging and loving person. I am so thankful and blessed for all the wonderful friends I have made since coming here a year ago and I am in a much better place now. I love you all and hope everyone has a good night. Love, Vicki
        I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,

Comment

Thanks so much, Vicky, for the offer of the cds and dvds, but I'm not a huge Joyce Meyer fan. I've heard her speak on her tv show and she is a strong speaker and makes a lot of sense about stuff, but I'm just not into her. Your sweet offer, though, is much appreciated.
          Faith is what has helped me through, for sure, and I'm happy that you are able to find strength and courage through yours. Do order that book...it's an eyeopener. I actually thought Penelope Leach must have been stalking me.
          The avatar picture is my grandaughter, and thi picture at the bottom is me.
          :h Mish :h
          sigpic
          Never give up...
          GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
          Remaining a perpetual possibility
          Only in a world of speculation.
          What might have been and what has been
          Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Hallo everyone - hi Mish - nice to see you posting ! I thought Co-dependent no more was by Melodie Beattie - is there another one? I know it is a really good seller. I agree with all who have posted Vicki, re your situation. Mish really made some valid points, as did fen - I would not live with someone who chooses booze over me - AND who says the ONLY reason that he drinks is basically so he can stand to live with me. BUT, it is your choice. RC said that it is enabling and co-dependence between the two of you. We have some wise people here. You are both feeding off the other and this will continue until something happens to stop it.

Jan - it was lovely to see your post - even if it was a fly by. thanks for your card - that was sweet!

Biz - what happened re you telling the Realtor about you not driving in the rush hour traffic (and having visited NJ a couple of times I don't blame you in the slightest!!)? Your traffic is HORRENDOUS! I used to think St Louis in rush hour was bad - HA! Not compared to yours!

Nora and/or Fen - I am eagerly awaiting pics in my e-mail!!! Plus an e-mail telling me all about it !! I so envy you both - I am just waiting now for Fen and Mrs Fen to come to St Louis so they can visit ME. I had ordered a new camera from amazon and it arrived today - haven't taken it out of the box yet - will wait til I have some time to try and work it out (or find a four year old - which ever comes first) to see how it works.

Have some brownies in the oven - we have a birthday at work a few days ago that I missed (shame on me) plus a birthday for someone that was today but she was off and is in tomorrow, plus someone whose birthday is tomorrow, so I have a double batch of brownies cooking - will be back.

Hugs and love, Sun XX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Mish, you and your granddaughter are beautiful! Sunnie, you're always baking for someone! We gotta have a big birthday party for Roger on Sunday, so everyone come! I'll bring the cake, so Sunni, you're in the clear! I'm enjoying sitting here watching TV with hubby. He really is sweet to me when he is not drinking. Bill, thank you for calling to check on me. I hope you sleep good tonight. I love you all. Good night! :hiya: Love, Vicki

Comment

Howdy friends.....just a late night hello ! Hope everyone is doing fine....Tony
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi all
                  Been busy with work and kids. Might have to work next week too....well Vick I used to live with a guy like that and I did love him but when we finally split I could really see how bad had been. Cant see the forest for the trees or whatever. I still give thanks that I am away from that man even though he has departed from this earth. Well my 2 cents.....gotta get the kids up in a few minutes and go in late I need a little bike ride first hahaha I am always late...

Comment

Good Morning Bird - lovely to see you back here first in the morning! It is still dark here though - so even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be going bike riding!! I am getting ready for work! Good that you had some work too. Have a great day my friend! Tony - glad you had some time to pop in - how are things going with the wife's leg?

And to everyone else - have a wonderful day when you get here.....I need to get showered! Talk later,

Love and hugs to all,

Sun XX
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Goodmorning everyone, I hope that your week is going OK.

Sunshine, you are an early bird. How are things?

Busy weekend coming up for me, my son's hockey playoffs. My second last hockey weekend of the year (yahooo). Fishing was cold on Monday, minus 30's with the windchill. We got fish though, it was fun. Personally, I am really feeling good about my professional life. I feel I am doing my job a lot better than I have in years, and I know it is because I am sober, and more rested, and my brain is working so much better. My job is more rewarading, and I am enjoying it more as a result; it feels good.

Take care everyone,
                      Hill
                      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Good Morning Everyone, Been up since 4am ran a scan on my computer took almost 3 hr's.Goin pay the cable bill today 90 dollars sister don't wanna go half with me with bills. So goin get a copy and proof to show the judge next month also gas bill wasn't payed last month so now it's up to 580 dollars thats not due till march 12. Im goin pay that also again get copy and show judge she wants my ass out, now last night she tells me she's moving out this weekend i'll believe it when i see it... Im praying she does.The house is payed off so all i have to do is pay gas,water,electric,cable,and my land line phone bill so I can be on line and my car insurance, I was up most of the night adding up the monthly cost and i can swing it... just might not be eating the best of foods no biggie oh and taxes on the house. Anyway just hope she move's out. Any way hope everyone has a great day.. oh day 5 for me al free. Peace Bill

Comment

Hi there Hill and trucker - good to see you both - Hill - I have to work this morning which is why I am up this early. You sound so good - I am so pleased things are so great for you in your sober life! way to go.

Trucker - it was good chatting last night - I am praying that you sister does move out and good for you keeping records of everything to show the judge. And SO WELL DONE on 5 days. We are all so proud of you. Just stay with us - we are all pulling for you,

Got to get going,

hugs to you,

love, Sun XX

Comment

Good morning! I am having coffee and watching good morning america in the den with hubby. I love this laptop!!! I feel good today, really enjoyed last night with hubby! He's a totally different person when he doesn't drink. Seriously guys, I AM NOT being abused in any way. It's 7:30 here and I'm not fully awake, but I CHOOSE to feel good today and have a great day! Bill, so sorry you didn't get much sleep again, but happy you went into chat last night. I know how bad you missed that and good for you on keeping records. That will look good to the judge and he will probably evict her for not paying her half, but I do pray she moves out this weekend. YEAH FOR YOU ON DAY 5! I'm so proud of you! Hill, you sound so good! What an inspiration you are to be feeling so good after giving up the booze! Glad you caught fish, but I can't imagine fishing in that cold weather! It will be another month before we start fishing. Good morning Bird and Tony and all who checks in. Let's all have a happy day and remember that everyday is a precious gift from God! I love you all so much! Vicki

Comment

Abuse isn't just a physical thing, Vick. When your hubs swears at you, or says he drinks because of you, that's abuse. And it sounds like his sober times are few and far between.

Comment

Very true Fennel. Minimizing abusive behaviour is denial and enabling. Vicki Joyce Meyers series on Boundaries was very helpful to me 10 years ago but now I find her to be more opportunistic than helpful. Cloud and Townsend were much more helpful to me in setting Boundaries even though it ended with me leaving my husband and his abuse escalated. Which only proved in the end I made the right decision. Here are some links:
                                Cloud-Townsend: Channel: Emotional Struggles
                                Cloud-Townsend
                                Boundaries by Henry Cloud & John Townsend, Chapter 1
                                Praying for you Vicki.:l

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X