The Journey begins here...So Get your ass in gear for February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delighted to see Trucker and Hill moving forward so positively and industriously.
    Roger--thinking about you and wishing you new ways to find work.
    Sunshine--you are our sunshine!
    Bike riding in the dark Bird? You go girl!
    Hope you had a big fat steak and lobster dinner Mama.
    Mishy, you are such a lovely.
    Miss Ruby please give us a check in.
    Hello to everyone!!! xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Good morning everyone!!! Have a wonderful day!!!!:h
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning Nora! How you doing?

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

good afternoon one and all and sending big hugs ... not much to report here ...but alive and sober ..
          stay strong and keep shifting forward and thinking positive
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Roger, will you PLEASE tell everyone what a good guy Paul is, since you stayed with us 8 days! I love you all so very much for caring about me! RC, thank you so much for the links. I will listen to them later. I feel so awesome today! I just woke up undepressed and I have a ton of energy. Paul and I are cleaning the house together, listening to some good christian music! Ok, Ruby, you have been gone long enough! It is time for you to go home so you can talk to us! I know you are having a relaxing time that you needed. I may call you in a little while. I hope everyone has a fantastic day! I love you, Vicki

I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
            but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Vick, we've all read your posts about Paul, and what we've seen is not pretty. A few posts back, you yourself said that you don't know if you can continue to live with a "mean drunk". Those were your words! Further, you contemplated moving near to your kids and living in an assisted care facility, where you wouldn't have to deal with Paul. Why not do that? You can sell your house and go where you aren't so isolated. You've revealed too much for me to ever believe that Paul is some sort of nice guy. I'm with R.C. You're minimizing his abusiveness.

Would Paul agree to couples counseling with your pastor?

Comment

Ya'll know how it is when you are mad at someone, you need to talk about it, but then it passes and you forget to talk about how happy you are. I live in a very peaceful, serene atmosphere here and I do love this place because of that, but I do miss my kids and my parents. If I lived up there though, I would be stressed all the time, because they all drink and my daughter is very strong willed and opinionated so I have to be careful and just let her be in control. I do appreciate all your advice so very much and I am going to get the book, so I will not be an enabler. BTW, I can't find the book by Leach. There is one written by Melody Beattie. Is that the one ya'll are talking about? Please let me know. I Love you all so very much and appreciate your caring so much about me. Love, Vicki
                I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,

Comment

sick of being sick;1064685 wrote: It started out with a seizure and ended with hubby being so drunk and mean to me! He said taking care of me was the reason he drinks! I'm not going to accept the blame for his drinking problem, but it did hurt my feelings. I thought about moving back home where my kids are and stay in an assisted living home, where a nurse can check on me, people will cook for me, no house to clean, no drunk husband to deal with...Yep, I'm going to pack now! Wonder how much a taxi would cost me for a 2 and a half hour drive? I really don't think I can continue living with a mean drunk! My options don't look very good, though. Vicki
                  _- Iam just stuck here
                  -I cant go anywhere without him

Your words... It's not hard to tell you are not happy when you are posting things like this just about everyday and you are craving attention from some one - anyone. It's sad -maybe having this out on a public forum isnt the best place for it.

Comment

I think you are right, Road. I will be more careful to not post things when I am upset, but I do believe my family in here loves me and just wants the best for me. Thank you for your opinion. Hope you are doing well. Love, Vicki

Comment

That's true, Vick ...we do love and care for you. :l

I do want you to know, however, that the things you've described are in no way normal or healthy. Nobody I've ever been involved with, male OR female, has ever sworn at me or treated me the way Paul treats you. It's not okay.

Comment

well i think enought has been said and lets move to the next thing in life like moving forward .....
                        AND THAT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT VENTING LETTING THING OUT IN THE OPEN WHICH VICKY AND OTHER ARE DOING .. like the saying goes nothing ever happens over night it take time ..and me being a man myself i can understaznd and look at things deffrently now yeah we make mistakes in life and with the help of god, higher power, dog ,cat ,trees and the birds and the bees..
                        we learn and it takes alot to see the bigger picture... .
                        and yeah we all have had our moments of being assholes which i can say i was the biggest one and still am in many ways .. but always learning ..
                        so yeah i have spend time with vicky husband his kinda cute in a manly way you know lol ease up ...its all good.. to let things out in the open and get a better understanding of what you could or would or have done in her ,yours, my life
                        so vicky keep doing whats best for you and only you know what that is ...
                        i hope you all can understand where im coming from on this post .. love and big hugs ...
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Oh, thank you, Roger! I hope you are feeling better today! Yes, men and women can be a__holes, and like the saying goes, when you're good, you're very good and when you're bad, you're very bad! I am quite sure I am a b__ch sometimes and hard to live with, too. I love you all and thanks for caring! Love, Vicki :l

Comment

BB has been down, can't read back now. Hope ur all well. Going home Sat. Vick I know the saying but I say ' When I'm good I'm very verygood but when I'm bad I'm better. :H
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

sunshinedaisies;1065121 wrote: Hallo everyone - hi Mish - nice to see you posting ! I thought Co-dependent no more was by Melodie Beattie - is there another one? I know it is a really good seller. I agree with all who have posted Vicki, re your situation. Mish really made some valid points, as did fen - I would not live with someone who chooses booze over me - AND who says the ONLY reason that he drinks is basically so he can stand to live with me. BUT, it is your choice. RC said that it is enabling and co-dependence between the two of you. We have some wise people here. You are both feeding off the other and this will continue until something happens to stop it.
                              Hi, Sun, and thanks. You're quite right. Melody Beattie is the author.

fennel;1065432 wrote: Vick, we've all read your posts about Paul, and what we've seen is not pretty. A few posts back, you yourself said that you don't know if you can continue to live with a "mean drunk". Those were your words! Further, you contemplated moving near to your kids and living in an assisted care facility, where you wouldn't have to deal with Paul. Why not do that? You can sell your house and go where you aren't so isolated. You've revealed too much for me to ever believe that Paul is some sort of nice guy. I'm with R.C. You're minimizing his abusiveness.

Would Paul agree to couples counseling with your pastor?
                              Oh, such wise words, Fen.

Road to Recovery;1065457 wrote:
                              _- Iam just stuck here
                              -I cant go anywhere without him

Your words... It's not hard to tell you are not happy when you are posting things like this just about everyday and you are craving attention from some one - anyone. It's sad -maybe having this out on a public forum isnt the best place for it.
                              What's sad is that you've chosen to write this post on a thread where Vicky feels safe to open up her heart to people who love her. This is where she comes knowing she is safe to express herself and know she'll receive loving support, even if sometimes what she hears isn't easy to listen to. Here, advice is kindly given, and judgement is not passed.

Vicky, keep talking, sweetheart. Ignore RR's post. You're getting love and great advice from everyone else. If you're mad about something, go ahead and vent. This might be a public forum, but this thread is family.
                              :h:h:h:h:h
                              :h Mish :h
                              sigpic
                              Never give up...
                              GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                              Remaining a perpetual possibility
                              Only in a world of speculation.
                              What might have been and what has been
                              Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

So we change the subject here folks. Brought extra wood in while it was snow free tonight. Expecting 10 cm tonight and tomorrow, but who knows.
                                Have a good night Jammers. xo

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X