The Journey begins here...So Get your ass in gear for February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, don't get your panties in a wad, peeps. I'm home. Got here about 12:30, been reading back 30+ pages. Happy birthday!! to our birthday boys, LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!

T and RC, you'll get a kick outta this. 20+ years I've driving to the cabin, pulling people out, navigated my drive. Yest I got a late start home, and when I started to turn around in my drive, (I've gotten cocky about how close to the edge I can get!) I had my head hanging out the left side, watching the edge, and my RIGHT tire went off the embankment a little. No prob, just locked down into 4x4 low, tried it. Slid further in the mud till I was almost on my side. Ended up calling a wrecker, settling on as it got dark. Was SO pissed off, Hubs begged me to stay one more night, and finally I did. Bummer.

Will check in with all later. Need to eat my steak Hubs has had marinating and just took off the grill.

Later gators.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Welcome Back Ruby - I have to admit to starting to getting a tad worried about you - wondered if you had got lost or something - you know how old minds start wandering and you aren't where you are supposed to be! Lovely to see you back. :l:l

Nora - hi there, good to see you too. you have been so quiet of late - is everything okay? Hope so. Hang in there dear friend!

hugs to all,
      Sun XX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sun, perhaps Rubes is at that ....ummm...stage in life where driving privileges should be revoked? :H

Comment

Yes, Sun, we always forgive your VERY OLD self, know how forgetful you little OLD ladies get. How's the new walker working out? And the new seeing-eye dog? Geritol works wonders for you OLD people, I've heard.
          There's a certain type expensive, specialty beers Hubs likes on rare occasions (it's expensive!) and they sell it at a specialty store next to the grocery in our little town that carries it, so I went in to get him a 6-pack. The 'kid' in there carded me!! :H I told him there's a fine line between flattering and annoying! He said you never know when someone underage has had a really bad day.:eeks: Hubs def doesn't have a problem, and I don't like the stuff, so there's no problem.
          I'll be in bed early tonight. May try chat for a few minutes, but I'm beat. Need my bed.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I miss you Ruby !!

MUCH LOVE

Bob

Comment

RUBY....WELCOME HOME! I am so thankful you did not get hurt! It is so wonderful to have you back! We all missed you! Hope you get some good rest tonight. Love you, Vicki
              I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
              but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

ROTFL Ruby - I am going to give you that one 'cos when you get old, you have to let older people think they are being clever!! Yeah - Ruby, maybe you should let the DMV check out your license??

LOL - welcome back!! You were missed!

Mr P! Nice to see you here. Stay with us eh?? Hugs to you. :l:l

Love, Sun XXX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

[quote]sick of being sick;1066727 wrote: MISH! cross xxx I knew you would look fantastic, girl! Are you married? I am so glad you had such a good time! It sounds awesome! Where south are you going? I hope you have a good time and can check in with us. Love you, Vicki
                  Thank you for your lovely compliment , Vicky. Love you, too. I was married to the love of my life, but we wanted different things in life. I wanted to pursue spiritual goals and he longed for the life of a bikie and eventually, when neither of us was happy any more, we went our separate ways. It was during the final part of our marriage, when I was watching my dreams crumble, that I really started drinking heavily. You can imagine how much that helped things...not! Everyone was hurt and everything was pretty messy for a few years, but after I had a breakdown I started picking up the pieces. I left the state and lived with someone I met through work. Have you ever read "Women Who Love Too Much?" I'm that type of woman to a T. There's one line from the book that burned itself indelibly into the back of my brain: "It's a bit like holding on to a live wire...it hurts a lot but you can't let go."
                  It was an abusive relationship. He said terribly cruel things (I know the pain Paul caused you when he said those horrible things about you), but I was stuck and 'in love' with him. I finally broke away when my daughter produced my grandaughter and told me I needn't think I was going to have anything to do with her if I went back to Adelaide. Her relationship with me was in very poor shape because of my drinking anyway, but I loved her so much I made the heart wrenching decision to return to Perth. I was in mourning for three years with this guy messing with my head from interstate. If not for my spiritual family I would have ended up back on the drink full time. I still had occassional binges but it wasn't until they started getting closer together that I did something about it and found MWO. My daughters and I have been rebuilding our relationship slowly over the past five and a half years since I came home.
                  Yesterday's visit (200 kms south of Perth) to my younger daughter and her three beautiful children has my heart soaring like an eagle. She told me I look 'amazing.' I told her about Naltrexone and Baclofen and the visit felt like none of the bad things had ever come between us. I don't have the words to express how I feel.
                  For anyone who has damaged their relationship with their kids and thinks it can never be undone...believe me, it can.
                  :happy::yougo::jumpwow::cheering:
                  I feel like I'm living in a dream. And I know where so much of the credit lies...
                  THANK YOU MWO FAMILY

especially my dearest, most beloved friends at DOS GATOS, BOOT CAMP and the UNDEROOS.

[QUOTE=TRUCKER123;1066744} Thank's Mish I talked to a lady from oz on the phone from MWO a while back she was laughing at my accent she said you sure are a American lol.. I wasn't surprised by her's because I was and still in love with Oliva Newton John hell she's 60 and i would well i'll just say have a cup of coffee with her any day of the week ok have a great day and Vicki, Mish maybe i'll see you in chat later ok take care. Bill[/quote]
                  Olivia is an amazing woman. I'm sure she'd be happy to have a 'cup of coffee' with you any day.
                  I'm a big fan of Nicole and Keith Urban, too. I'm just so happy that they've found genuine love and happiness together and :cheering: to Nicole for standing by Keith during his struggle with alcoholism.
                  There are a lot of Oz accents...you can tell a Queenslander by the way they finish their sentences with a long "Ehhhhh." Ozzie slang is a bit of a challenge, too. I could have a lot of fun with that (and probably will).

I'm so happy you're back Ruby.
                  I'm a relatively new member of this branch of the family, so for those of you who don't know much about me....now you do. I look forward to finding out more about you and your stories as I settle in.
                  RC, I know your story with your kids is different from mine, but don't despair. It's taken baby steps for over 5 years to get to where I am with my girls now, and I can look back and say that slowly building things up again has provided the most solid foundation for our future relationships. Things may never be as they once were, but there's nothing to say that with gentle nurturing, they can't be even better. Did you get my last email back in December? I'm still here and ready to listen.
                  I do have Skype, but I've never used it...must look into it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
                  :h Mish :h
                  sigpic
                  Never give up...
                  GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                  Remaining a perpetual possibility
                  Only in a world of speculation.
                  What might have been and what has been
                  Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Hope you had a good one Roger. Prayers for all of you.

Mas

Comment

dame rudy i know how youe drive way is and you have to be careful girl so glad you are ok and thnk you for the birthday wish ...
                      and thank you vicky you made my day girl love ya .. and well it was a great day my ex and kids came over and we hung out and just play aroun d was good and well now i have to get back to this bid for thei shwer remodled right across the street .. well good night one and all love and hugs stay strong and keep shifting forward anbd thinking positive

rubywillow;1067260 wrote: OK, don't get your panties in a wad, peeps. I'm home. Got here about 12:30, been reading back 30+ pages. Happy birthday!! to our birthday boys, LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!

T and RC, you'll get a kick outta this. 20+ years I've driving to the cabin, pulling people out, navigated my drive. Yest I got a late start home, and when I started to turn around in my drive, (I've gotten cocky about how close to the edge I can get!) I had my head hanging out the left side, watching the edge, and my RIGHT tire went off the embankment a little. No prob, just locked down into 4x4 low, tried it. Slid further in the mud till I was almost on my side. Ended up calling a wrecker, settling on as it got dark. Was SO pissed off, Hubs begged me to stay one more night, and finally I did. Bummer.

Will check in with all later. Need to eat my steak Hubs has had marinating and just took off the grill.

Later gators.
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

fennel;1067287 wrote: Sun, perhaps Rubes is at that ....ummm...stage in life where driving privileges should be revoked? :H
                        :H:H:H
                        :h Mish :h
                        sigpic
                        Never give up...
                        GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                        Remaining a perpetual possibility
                        Only in a world of speculation.
                        What might have been and what has been
                        Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

I am a terrible friend to Vicki and Rog......please forgive me for missing the party. I was cleaning my own house and at the grocery store. Since I spent Saturday with Dad, yesterday was a scramble to get my house together.
                          Everyone sounds great and that makes me so happy.
                          Welcome home Mimzey!!
                          trucker...you sound great..keep it up!!
                          I am AF for over a week and back to antabuse next weekend.
                          off to shower and work...this is my crazy week as everyone is paying rent..........sigh

I love you all so much......Vicki you are so special!!
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hope you get through this crazy week okay, mama!

Comment

Good Morning everyone! MB - hope you got to relax a LITTLE yesterday - we do miss seeing you on here. At least you are busy at work - always good. Rog - great re the shower thing and work! Something usually turns up - right? Vicki - did you get a good nights sleep after yesterday and being so busy too?? Good Morning Fen - you are sort of quiet too - in fact EVERYBODY is quiet these days. Nora, how are you? Swannie? Panno? Bird - bet you loved being able to use your new washing machine didn't you!! Ruby - welcome back and hope you feel rested... Greatful - hugs to you, hope you are feeling better? RC - still working at your paperwork? Who else - Biz - did you enjoy your birthday? and Saving - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you today - have a wonderful day. Mish - thank you for your post telling us a little about yourself - always nice to be able to know what is going on with our family! Your visit to your daughter must have been awesome for you - I am so pleased!

As usual, someone will have been forgotten and I am sorry - but love you all,

Hugs, Sun XX

Comment

Good morning, family! Wow, Mish, what a sad, but encouraging and inpiring story! Thank you so much for sharing. We are so very happy to have you as part as our family! I'm so sorry for all the pain you have gone through, but I know from experience, the painful experiences in our lives is what makes us grow and become closer to God. I am so thankful that you have a strong spiritual relationship, because God will help us through the worst and loneliness times in our lives. So not to bore the family here again, I will pm my story to you. We all have one. You are a very special person and I love you and I look forward to getting to know you even more. MB, you are NOT a terrible friend to anyone! We all love you and know what you are going through. I will pray for you this week with all the rent coming due, I know it will be hectic. Girl, you need some REST! Wish you could run away like Ruby for a month or two! LOL! Besides, the birthday party is on 2 or 3 pages, you can go back and read. What Ruby? Oh, it was only a week? Well, you sure were missed and it felt like ALOT longer! Roger, I am so glad you had a good birthday! You are so special to us! Paul is gone to work today, yes, work! So I got the whole day to muself! I hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed day! I love you all so much! Love, Vicki
                                I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                                but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
                                X