Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm going to pull out.

Hi everyone.
    A while ago i read a post where someone said that AA say not to move until you've got one year af under your belt.. well i can see why.
    As most people know, the lady buying our house is pretty much making my life hell.

To cut a long story short.. we have an annex but no documents on it, it's been there for 80 years. I called council planning office, they said, yes we do no about the building, it can be used as a bedroom, all is fine. but that's not good enough for the buyer, she needs it in writting. ALSO all the searches and survey have come back saying it's ok as well and legal however, not only will getting this in writting cost ?170 but it has a min of 6 weeks waiting. SO it will be another 6 weeks living out of boxes with 2 small kids... No.

So sadly, i will be pulling out of the sale. For my health, it's driving me insane and i refuse to live out of boxes any longer just because she's a pain in the ass.

However, through this whole process i have been pushed and pulled and the stress has been unreal BUT i have not drunk.

I can not continue tho as my moods have dropped and are swinging and i feel i'm taking the stress out on my family. For that reason.. no matter how long i have waited to sell this house (3years) or how much i've wanted to move and not to mention the amazing opurtunity that the new house would have... i'm pulling out.. for my family and health. :upset:
    Not a great start to the year... The buying the house has been going on 8 weeks.

i'm going to pull out.

:l:l:l You just have to do what feels right for you and your family. I don't know much about buying and selling houses but if this situation is making you ill--than you are doing the right thing. Good luck sweetie! expat xxx

Comment

i'm going to pull out.

Oh Michelle I am so sorry. It's not worth ruining your health and well being over this. That woman seems like a knucklehead. Maybe things are not working out for a reason - maybe it is just not time to move. But through all this stress you have not had a drink and that says to me that you are a strong and resiliant person. That part is wonderful! Everything will work out as it should. Keep thinking positive, visualize what you want and believe. You are a good person, and wonderful, amazing things are around the corner for you!!! (((((You!!)))))))) Love Kat
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

i'm going to pull out.

Buying and selling is stressful and horrible but in this market I'd hang on to a buyer if I had one.
        If you pull out and are lucky enough to find another buyer (maybe in another three years time) they will probably want the same assurance about the annexe. Most people would, and certainly most solicitors acting for them would insist on it.
        It took me three months to buy somewhere once that was as straightforward as could be. These things just drag on and on.
        If you pull out, you're back to square one and will have spent hundreds of pounds on legal fees, surveys etc for nothing. Another ?170 doesn't seem too bad to me.
        I would tell my solicitor to get moving ASAP, try to focus on other things and think about how great the new place will be.
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

i'm going to pull out.

Hmm, i think i'm tending to agree with Marshy. At first i would have said 'preserve your health', but after seeing that you've been trying to sell for 3 years, i'd try to go through with it. Can you pull the Annex down? Is the Annex really an issue, or is it just a matter of getting the permits to show the buyer, in other words, is the Annex legal as it is?

Think about these things and, as i said, if i were you, i would try to push past it by giving it a rest for a few days, or changing my attitude towards it.
          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

i'm going to pull out.

Hi Lilm, I am sorry for the anxiety and stress you are going through, it must be aweful. I don't know anything about real estate, but I do know that it is excellent that you are not leaning on alcohol in your time of stress - this is a great sign. Keep up the fight, you can do it.
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

i'm going to pull out.

Hi Michelle,

It's defo a hard call but maybe you have to play her at her own game! If u pull out then she might drop her demand for the annexe chat in writing. I would have thought that if se had somewhere else she wanted to move to she wouldn't be giving u so much hassle. It may turn out to be a clever move on your part!

L x
              'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

i'm going to pull out.

Hi LM you have to do what is best for you, however I do sell property for a living and 8 weeks on the scale of things is not long, on average a house conveyance here in the UK can take 12-16 weeks, also it maybe that her lenders are pressing for the letter, bearing in mind the banking situation we have mortgage lenders these days want the i's dotting and t's crossing before handing over any money and in alot of cases they are making things difficult for both buyers and sellers......just my opinion.

Take care I know just how much stress your going through I see it every day :h
                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

i'm going to pull out.

Michelle--I think I read once that the most stressful things are moving, divorce, new job and death. Moving is stressfull-- I do think you would ultimately be fine with the sell but see why now is not best. Good luck

Comment

i'm going to pull out.

Difficult situation LM. Staying off the drink is obviously a priority. On the other hand, almost any buyer is going to want that letter from the council planning office so it might be better to grit your teeth and struggle through the next six weeks. It depends on what your circumstances are. I am currently trying to get retrospective building regulations approval from the council for work that was done on my house a couple of years ago in order to sell it, so I've got some idea of the stress involved. If you can get through the next six weeks without succumbing, you can be confident that you can get through anything. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Comment

i'm going to pull out.

Hi all.
                      The problem is we have given her all the imformation and it's never good enough. HOWEVER, i went to the estate agent and told them that i'd had enough. i explained that i would pay for the letter but i would not however, sit and wait for it to be done. if she did not like that then she needs to find another house bacause i have gone out of my way for her. Within an hour, she agreed, said sorry and gave me a moving date. So i guess we're back on. However, i'm not holding my breath.

NOW *lol* we go a call from our morgage advisor who said that the house we are buying is not worth the amount we're paying so the lady selling it needs to knock off about ?9000... it's just never ending.. we need to wait now for tomorrow to read the report in full and see what needs doing....

Comment

i'm going to pull out.

Hi Lil,

At least things are moving, and let's hope the old owner knocks 9,000 pounds off the new place
                        One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

i'm going to pull out.

nothing to add, but hang in there little mommy!! Good job on being AF
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                          X