X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 4th February

Good morning, Army

***Hellooooooooooo Panno***

Cheeses twice! Last night saw monster mozzies emerging from feck knows where... They weren't even deterred by anti-mozzie spray and citronella. Man-eaters, I tell ya.

It's probably karma because I posted the "beware geriatrics" sign on last night's thread, referring to sore shoulders, niggly necks and broken ribs. I have three bites on my back and realised that my own ability to scratch said area has diminished somewhat over the years.

Anyhoo... I'll be working form home today to finish my presentation. I think it's all going to turn out OK - I did the structure, main headings and made my notes for the three topics I want to cover. Now it's a question of bringing it all together. A piece of good luck: I am the 2nd speaker after the keynote address. I've managed to find a very nice tie-in to the subject area he will be covering. It will already make the audience more receptive, I reckon.

I hope you'll all have a fantastic Friday!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Army Thread 4th February

Morning Army :goodjob: Sounds like your presentation is coming along Tips! Just saw my daughter off for her class trip to Caen, Normandy. No sense going back to bed now-I'm awake and peppy :H! Hope you all have a happy Friday.

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Good luck Tips hope the presentation goes well. I did find your geriatric sign a bit offensive but also hilarious:H

How is La Belle France this morning Expat?

Howling gale here all night so what with the sore ribs and the force 10 gale not much sleep.

Ribs improved and am now black and blue so may not have broken them after all just a bad sprain? All will be revealed in the next few days I broke my ribs twice last year and although they feel very sore it does not feel as bad

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Hiya Anon-Hope your ribs feel better soon :l. La Belle France is not too bad this morning. In the Paris area we are getting up to about 10 ?c! Double digits! Just took pug dog for a walk by the market. I love it here early in the morning-they are all bustling around setting up their stands and drinking expressos. Me too.

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Hiya back Expat 10 c here also but too windy to notice.Sounds lovely your description of the market.

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Hiya Expat & Anon :hallo:

Expat, your description is lovely!

And so Anon proves Oney right yet again! Bruised, but by no means beaten! :goodjob:
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Morning Tigger, Expat and anon

Tiggs glad you are feeling better about that presentation. Its always the worry more than the actual thing thats the worst....

Expat, I have never had broken ribs, but I have heard they are agony. Hope yours feel better soon.

Expat, I am jealous of your coffee. I have a blood test this morning and can have no coffee.....I am gagging for one!!!!!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Just watching the news re the risk of breast cancer in the UK. Alcohol seems to raise your risk significantly.
                So glad I do not drink--
                Tips I think the baclofen helps with the muscle pain and may assist the healing. I am only taking 50mgs daily which seems to be my maximum dose.
                Enjoy the presentation.

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Good morning expat,anon.mr tips & starting over

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Very windy,rainy morning here, normal friday weather :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Good Morning.

Good luck with the presentation Tipps.

AnonandonandonandON...you are made of strong stuff hon, feel better!

Very stormy here all night.
                      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Good morning gang
                        Tips i just know you will be mighty

Looks like another stunning day here and i have the day off so im a very happy bunny....
                        Going to my spin class at 9am and have a girlie lunch planned which will mean lots of laughs.

I have my interview on Sunday morning and the nerves will probably kick in late tomorrow, i havent had an interview in 20 yrs so any tips would be appreciated.
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Just be yourself Chilly xxx
                          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Morning Chill, I'm sure you'll do great! One of the things I do at work is help French people prepare for job interviews in English. The basics are the same whether it is in a foreign language or not. You want to feel confident and relaxed. SO a good idea is to do as much research on the company as possible. Find out exactly what they do, goals, dress policies etc--so that when you walk in there you'll feel at home. Also, I think showing up well in advance for the interview-and walking around the neighborhood for a few minutes before going in helps to calm you -and takes away the worry of being late or whatever. You can also google "commonly asked questions" in job interviews so you can have a think about possible responses you might give. Good luck sweetie:l!

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Hellooo Chill,Mario,Oney and Starty.

What is the job Chill? Enjoy the spin class.

Thanks for the thumbs up Oney.

Comment

Working...
                              X