Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A true story

A true Story

There was a guy who had everything he could possibly need, a great wife, a warm house, a good job and a wonderful son, he had it made and there was nothing stopping him.
    Then he liked to drink and drink messed with his head, he was also missing something and he couldn?t figure out what it was.
    So one night, in a mad banter, he left his comfortable world, his wife, child and home and went out on his own.
    He had parties, he met people, he drank, gambled and had great fun!

Then he fell to earth after a few months when he realized what he did, he fell depressed and was lonely and very bleak times were ahead for him.

He found a web site and told his story and made lots of great friends, he slowly came round and after 1 year or so he is now a very happy sober man.

He was missing his soul, even though he had all these things he knew a big part of him was missing and he had to go through all he had to find himself again.
    Now he is happy, positive and is even glad for what he had to go through, he is sober, stopped smoking, eats healthy and yes even cooks for himself, he has met new people which he looks forward to sharing lots more with , there is never a dull moment and life is going very very well.

This person never came back to thank the people on this site, perhaps he was waiting until he was certain it was finished, that he was on the right track and now that he is sure he is he wants to leave a message:

?I want to thank each and every one of you for the tremendous support you have given me over the past years, without you I would never have made it and you know who you are, some of you I have kept friends with and meet from time to time and this is something I always want to do because together we know something, we have a huge knowledge and that is, no matter how far down that hole you are, there are always helping hands here that will help you out, no matter how many times you fall in no matter how far the top might seem, you will always make it back up, always. I know I don?t come here often much more but I will come back again (if ya?s want me to lol) and I want to do to others what you all done for me, and if you are down in that place, know its a transformation, a necessary change as without change there can be no butterflies?

Sleep well, I know you Wanna!

A true story

GREAT post Wanna. Love ya mate x
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

A true story

Lovely post,wanna, me little yellow friend,:l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

A true story

Wonderful Wanna. xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

A true story

Fantastic.
          Thanks for making me smile

Comment

A true story

so sweet and beautifully written....hope things work out for you!!
            I know you have missed your son terribly
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

A true story

That's great to hear Wanna.
              Never get sick of hearing these success stories.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

A true story

Hi Wanna, thanks for sharing with us. Reading posts like this, is so important for us all. I am very happy for you, and where you are at. You should be very proud of yourself. All the best to you.
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

A true story

That is a wonderful post Wanna.

Comment

A true story

Awwwhh this is lovely Wannawoo xxxx :l:l:l
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

A true story

Great post, Wanna!
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

A true story

Lovely post! Thanks for sharing:l

Comment

A true story

Wanna this is truly heart warming to hear. Its difficult when we are in the depth of the valleys to believe we will ever see the sunshine again but without the experience of these dark days we would never appreciate how wonderful the view is on the way back up the hill.....

You are an inspiration :l
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

A true story

A lovely post from a lovely man I was priveleged to meet once and hopefully again Molly xx
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

A true story

Nice one wanna,:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X