Army Thread 5th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 5th February

Zenstyle;1054683 wrote: You know Recluse... we all are different and no two addictions are the same. I didn't achieve as much as the rest of the folks on the Army thread as I didn't go totally AF... but in my own little way I achieved a lot. And every little step in the right direction is a good thing. So even if you have a long way to go.... you've already come closer to the goal... right? )

And, yes, 1.75 is huge. lol I'd be in hospital if I tried that now!
    I'd been wondering about that. Are you saying that when a person reduces their intake their tolerance of AL drops as time passes?

Comment

Army Thread 5th February

Hiya Zennie :l

Did you remember to tell Reccie that an unfortunate by-product of getting sober was that you developed an addiction to FV?
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 5th February

Hiya tips :hiya:

Wot's FV?

FV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Army Thread 5th February

Zenstyle;1054697 wrote: Tipps is referring to this unique multi-national social networking game. That I :h
          Mmmmmm.......FV = MWO

Comment

Army Thread 5th February

Recluse;1054699 wrote: Mmmmmm.......FV = MWO
            FarmVille!

On FB
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 5th February

tiptronic_ct;1054703 wrote: FarmVille!

On FB
              Ahh! Thanks. Silly me...don't use FB so I don't really know what's involved. Will google it.

Comment

Army Thread 5th February

TOON ARMY, TOON ARMY, TOON ARMY

Blooming great comeback. I'z afraid that Marley and Me has been given das boot while we watch Match of the Day.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 5th February

JackieClaire;1054707 wrote: TOON ARMY, TOON ARMY, TOON ARMY

Blooming great comeback. I'z afraid that Marley and Me has been given das boot while we watch Match of the Day.

Thought you'd be pleased Jackie! Posted about it earlier. Were you at St James Park?

Comment

Army Thread 5th February

Dawg not at St James at all. I'd have to sell a kidney to get a ticket these days.

They came from 4 nil down to draw 4s apiece. Apparently the 1st half the Arsenal were all over us like a rash and by the noises Mr JC were making in the 2nd half it sounded better than ermmmm, ermmm.....................my chocolate cake.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 5th February

Hello Troopers....
                      tiptronic_ct;1054423 wrote: Stirly will be proud of me: I've multiquoted a single quote I am very proud of you Tipperoonie. BUT... I want to know how you did it. Did you copy and paste the quote three times and then delete the parts you didn't want from each one and then wrote your replies? Or did you copy and paste this....
                      [ QUOTE=startingover;1054438 ] at the beginning of the second and third parts and this...[ /QUOTE ]at the end of each part so that you divided one quote into three parts.... Huh, huh? How'd ya do it?
                      startingover;1054432 wrote: Its going really well Tiggs. I passed my last assignments (dog knows how) and have 2 modules to go. Now I will finish in July of this year and I am beginning to think of what to do next....Good for you. I can't believe you manage to do as much as you do. And huge congrats on passing those assignments. We all knew that you'd do it tho'!!!
                      startingover;1054438 wrote: Well, I am still toying with the idea of doing drug and alc counselling.
                      The most pleasure I get is from dealing with people just like you and me but have hit a rough spot rather than people with learning disabilities....I find that less rewarding and more frustrating somehow.Yes, that's what you should do. You'd be fantastic. I think it is very important that the people trying to help addicts have first-hand knowledge about what the addict is or has gone through either by their own personal experience as an addict (recovering) or as a family member or close friend of someone who has suffered addiction. The former is best, IMO. I mean, if you haven't battled addiction, then you really can't know what the addict is feeling and facing. Again, I think you'd be brilliant.
                      Chillgirl;1054496 wrote: Tips we have "frontline" which is applied once a month to the dogs skin and prevents all ticks and fleas.
                      Sorry to put a damper on things, but beware of liquid flea and tick preventions. They can cause liver damage to the animals. I had heard that and asked my vet and she admitted that she had heard of such complications. Freddo only wears the collar and we have had absolutely no problem. Must be replaced every 3 to 4 months but is better than liver problems.
                      JackieClaire;1054511 wrote:
                      I've read the book and bawled me eyes out as it could have been Sir Dylan the Dog's story.

Do you reckon a box of tissues each will be enough?
                      Setting yourself up for an evening of sobbing? Two boxes each. Glad young Miss JC will be spending the evening. Hugs from me....:happyheart:
                      anon;1054537 wrote:
                      Hiya again have decided to get myself organized and stop feeling sorry for myself.

So got dressed. My daughter has stripped and made the bed up with fresh clean sheets (She only called in for a cuppa)

Taken my painkillers and anti-imflamms and got a good book to read. Sitting upright with loads of cushions and feel much better now.
                      :thanks: for kind thoughts and words
                      Good for you - that's the spirit. Glad your feeling more comfortable...
                      Zenstyle;1054697 wrote:
                      Tipps is referring to this unique multi-national social networking game. That I :h
                      Trading one addiction for another...
                      I haven't even checked FV out. I'm afraid I'd spend all day there. Literally...
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 5th February

Heard it JC. Sounded brilliant. We will be watching it here. What a result

Comment

Army Thread 5th February

Zenstyle;1054712 wrote: Marley and Me is filmed where I live JC. Part of its spossed to be in Boca and the other part in Miami. Useless factoids.

It made me bawl my bloody eyes out that film. Won't be watching it again any time soon. Mostly because they're so young and fit and lovely... hahahaAnd you're not lovely. Don't forget, we've seen piccies of you. Tall, slim, dark hair and blue eyes to kill for. Young has nothing over you, gorgeous lady and you look quite fit to me. At least much more fit than I am...
                          JackieClaire;1054713 wrote:
                          Dawg not at St James at all. I'd have to sell a kidney to get a ticket these days.

They came from 4 nil down to draw 4s apiece. Apparently the 1st half the Arsenal were all over us like a rash and by the noises Mr JC were making in the 2nd half it sounded better than ermmmm, ermmm.....................my chocolate cake.
                          :H:H:H Jackie, you kill me...

Comment

Army Thread 5th February

I'd only nipped orff to answer the front door and you sneaked in there, Stirls.:l

The daughters got her head in the fridge at the moment.

How you feeling Mrs A.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 5th February

Lovely posts Stirly and so clever with the quotes.

Feeling much better thanks JC. Can cope OK with pain just hate the thought of not being able to do my marathon in April.

Comment

Army Thread 5th February

JackieClaire;1054720 wrote:

I'd only nipped orff to answer the front door and you sneaked in there, Stirls.:l

The daughters got her head in the fridge at the moment.

How you feeling Mrs A.
                                Hello Jackie dear.

I've just changed my avatar for the time being and think I'm going to change my signature as well. Just can't decide which picture I want.

Just got back from the supermarket a while ago and have a fridge stocked with incredible yummy food for tomorrow at Stirly's Diner. Fresh fish and salads will start the menu and huge choccie chip cookies and choccie-orange pudding for dessert...

Hope you have a lovely evening with your daughter.

Anon - if you want some on-line games to play - "the Scruffs" is very entertaining as is "Wooden Paths" where you have to move things to get from one place to another. I get stuck on both of them.

Zennie - have a good rest. See you tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X