Army Thread 6th Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 6th Feb

Not the London one I am doing the Lochaber Marathon which is around Ben Nevis--

I have done London 5 times. I only started running 10 years ago mainly because I had Osteoporosis probably caused by the drink and instead of giving up the booze I started running. However,since being sober and hangover free I can run faster and longer and honest if I can do it so can anyone.

Giving up drink was the hardest and best thing I have ever done.

Comment

Army Thread 6th Feb

Well I will anyway Molly. Thank you
      What do I do with the old skidders I am wearing? They used to belong to Tip you know.....
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 6th Feb

Nice
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Army Thread 6th Feb

anon;1054934 wrote: Not the London one I am doing the Lochaber Marathon which is around Ben Nevis--

I have done London 5 times. I only started running 10 years ago mainly because I had Osteoporosis probably caused by the drink and instead of giving up the booze I started running. However,since being sober and hangover free I can run faster and longer and honest if I can do it so can anyone.

Giving up drink was the hardest and best thing I have ever done.
          Anon, you are truly an inspiration.
          I have run in the past, but I do struggle I must admit. I have quite dodgy knees too....

Giving up drink was the same for me too.....it has given me a COMPLETELY new life and I am so grateful for it

Comment

Army Thread 6th Feb

startingover;1054926 wrote: Chillywilly!
            Today is your interview isnt it?????
            Good luck with that interview. Just be your lovely self.

Comment

Army Thread 6th Feb

Yes interview at 11am, with a lovely Irish man!
              Its 70km away up in the hills miles from anywhere so will need to leave early incase get lost.

Anon you are one hardy lady, took me 10 weeks to recover from my borken ribs.....
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 6th Feb

Whats the job Chill?

Comment

Army Thread 6th Feb

Well..... Thats a long story Starty breeks
                  I will tell all later if i thing it looks hopeful......
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Army Thread 6th Feb

Morning all,

Anon - glad that u had a good nights sleep! I will keep my fingers crossed that u can get out running soon in prep for your marathon.

Hey starty, Molly and chill!

Have a great Sunday!

X
                    'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Army Thread 6th Feb

All the luck in the world Chilly, I will keep my paws crossed for you :l:l

Morning Cassia!!

Comment

Army Thread 6th Feb

Morning Starts, Anon, Molly, Chill and Cassia , It is starting to look just a bit springlike! The first bulb flowers we see are crocuses. And they are finally starting to push through. Good luck with your interview Chill!

Comment

Army Thread 6th Feb

Morning, All

BB connection was as dead as a dodo this morning, hence my lateness. Went for a loooooooooong walk with Jasmine, though. A stunning mornign for it.

Good luck with the interview, Chilly! :l
                          I'll do whatever it takes
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 6th Feb

Morning Starters.Mrs A,Molls,Chillers,Cassia,Expat, Tippers and all those yet to drop by.

Yep the snowdrops, crocuses, daffs are starting to peep there lovely wee heads out. I'll pop up the back garden to see how the tulips are in a moment.

And we're going to the garden centre today. to pick up some seeds.Oooh I'm that excited.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 6th Feb

Hey JC, expat and Mr Tips

I will have to keep an eye out for the spring flowers! I will be so glad when this winter is over! Just having my breakfast and then some ironing, then mass and then the gym! Busy busy! I have got a phone call tomorrow night with a lady at Wells Fargo. I really want to work there so I am going to need to do some prep work for the meeting. I also might make cupcakes. It's going to be a busy Sunday!!!

x
                              'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Army Thread 6th Feb

Good morning everyone! It's a very wet, snowy and rainy day here right now. We had a storm last night and the snowplows were going up and down the road all night. I wish Spring would come so I could see some green, even seeing the dirt would be great right now it's buried under a foot or two + of snow right now. I hope the rain takes some of it away.

Comment

Working...
                                X