GREAT motivation in movies!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started with this european movie called "16 Years of Alcohol". It opens with this scene where a little boy comes downstairs to find his parents sitting still with cobwebs on them.. then shows them on another chair at the same time boozing it up.. it was powerful imagery... the time we lose with our children.

Next, I am rewatching "Leaving Las Vegas".... I forgot how powerful this movie is.. makes me want to stay dry forever.

Sound off with the movies that can help motivate us to keep on the good path!!:thanks:

I liked 28 days with Sandra Bullock. Funny, touching and hits the spot for me in many ways.
    I also liked When a Man Loves a Woman......
    Not seen Leaving Las Vegas.....want to try it tho
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks gearhead. I never heard of 16 days of alcohol before but when I read your post I looked it up and found it free on youtube. Here is a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXJEJO1z5oI&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - 16 Years of Alcohol (1 of 11) . It was very good. Some other recommendations on this thread too. I will save them for a "bad" day. Films like this help.
      I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Crazy Heart won an oscar last year. jeff Bridges won best actor for his portrayal of a raving alcoholic.
        Another good one about addiction is "The Fighter". Nominated for Best Picture this year. Christain Bale is brilliant as a crack addict.
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

when a man loves a woman with andy garcia and meg ryan
          Still trying !!!
          AF 25th June2014

Comment

I've tried not to repeat the ones you all have posted. I've seen these and others and they really affected me. I did not want to hit their bottom. It gave me shivers if I saw any traits of myself in any of the characters and of course I did!

Bad Santa?..Billy Bob Thornton
            Barfly?..Mickey Rourke
            The Verdit??.Paul Newman
            The Lost Weekend?..Ray Milland
            Clean and Sober?..Michael Keaton
            The Rose??Bette Midler
            Electric Mist?..Tommy Lee Jones
            Ironweed?..Jack Nicholson /Meryl Streep
            Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood?Sandra Bullock/ Ellen Burstyn
            First Wive's Club .....Goldie Hawn
            Twisted ..?.Ashley Judd
            Postcards from the Edge?...Shirley MacLaine
            The Morning After??Jane Fonda/ Jeff Bridges

Comment

Working...
            X