• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 7th February

Off to the doc's. Back soonish.

Comment

Laters, Reccie

Yep, Stirly: that thread is beyond funny. Thank feck Saffa authorities make it difficult to make overseas payments... But by the grace of Inland Revenue, there go I...
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1055700 wrote: Laters, Reccie

Yep, Stirly: that thread is beyond funny. Thank feck Saffa authorities make it difficult to make overseas payments... But by the grace of Inland Revenue, there go I...
        The thread is hilarious. It's not only the purchases but the way the posts are worded.
        I don't have a credit card. We cut ours up years ago so I can't buy on-line. Thank dawg...
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Wotcha gonna do today Zennie?

Comment

Hiya Zenners
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1055731 wrote: Hey, 'scuse delay... was me Ma on the phone. Hiya Stirls and Tipps! )

I'm having a bite of lunch Stirls, then going to the gym, then going to help someone choose some furniture. (I have a bachelors in interior design.)
              Sounds like a lovely plan. I've seen pics of your home on FB. It's beautiful, just beautiful. Except for your shower stall. I'm sure you'll be a great help to others with furniture and colours and such...

Comment

Buy them a nice shower zenny
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working out the country - hillbilly land! So on my iPhone. This reckon place made me drink so many times in de past from absolute boredom! Used to be bored and pissed - now just bored! Am stuck here till Thursday HELP!!!

Comment

For 'reckon' read 'feckin'!! Feckin predictive text!

Comment

:wavin: Molly!!

The market is shite here. Worse thing is that there are a lot of stores and offices and such for sale or rent in the few buildings that have been finished and they're just sitting there empty. Banks won't give out loans. And an awful lot of businesses have closed or moved to cheaper locations and are still having problems.

Comment

Hello again all!

Well thanks Stirl for your tips on beating my Monday Mediocrity - I did indeed get out for a walk with the dog, and also started watching season 1 of 'Being Human' which is surprisingly very good!

Hope you have all had a good start to the week and looking forward to an evening of your fave things.

EW
                        If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Hey all,

Zen - did you enjoy the superbowl? How was your party? I heard the start of the game which was not particularly impressive (fumbling a punt?!?!) and then woke up just to hear the end and that green bay won!

Stirly - the eBay thread is hilarious. I particularly like the one about the guy who order a penis enlarger and got a magnifying glass and a pair of tweezers! Hilarious!!!

I haven't got any eBay stories but got a few random crap ones. When we were having a big clear out last month my husband found a box with nine harmonicas!!! NINE! I laughed so hard! He kept four still have no idea what for. My hubby has a tendency to keeps thing if they don't know what they are for. I had to take him in hand and say that anything which wont be used in six months gets binned! It was quite a laugh going thru all the random stuff.

Great to see everyone else this evening. I am just on the train home and then off to the gym when I get to the other side. Got a bit of news that i didn't know how to take today. My friend he works with the head honchos in the bank said that my impending move to the states was probably coming at a very good time. There are apparently a lot of change afoot. I am off now to ponder (read worry) about that!

Xxz
                          'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Evening All,

Loving Being Human, now up to series 3. Weird how you can care for a bunch of vampires,ghosts and were wolves.

Interesting about the banking situation, very interesting, Cassia.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

EnglishWriter77;1055751 wrote: Hello again all!

Well thanks Stirl for your tips on beating my Monday Mediocrity - I did indeed get out for a walk with the dog, and also started watching season 1 of 'Being Human' which is surprisingly very good!

Hope you have all had a good start to the week and looking forward to an evening of your fave things.

EW
                              Hey EW - glad that your mood lifted.

:hiya: JackieClaire and Cassia!!

Comment

I'm back! Unlike JC's doc, mine doesn't do a runner when I arrive, so she probably already is insane (the doc, not JC!).

Hello to Cassia, EW, Zenny, Molly. Never used e-Bay though I did once spend ?10k on-line whilst heavily drunk and only found out about it when a letter arrived in the post a couple of days later.

The housing market is crap here too. The house has to be perfect to have any chance of selling it.

Hi there JC, you snuck in whilst I was typing.

Comment

Working...
                                X