Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 8th February

Hi Waggy.

That is so sad about them bullying that little girl. No wonder your daughter is upset. Kids can be so mean and now with various ways of communicating and not just verbally but with text messages and such, damage can be done without parents or teachers catching on unless the one being bullied asks for help or tells someone why they are upset. And it's sad when a person who would not pick on someone on their own, gets pulled into it by a mean person and goes along with the nastiness sheerly because of peer pressure. Quite often they are afraid to say that they don't want to be a part of the bullying because they know that the bully could turn on them. Maybe explaining things like that a bit to your daughter would help her understand why her "good" friend went along with the mean girl. Not that she should condone it - just help her to see perhaps why her friend acted so much out of character. Also - I thought I read somewhere that there was a bully hot-line set up in the US. Is there something like that in your area?
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Yo Waggers,
      What an awful lesson to have to learn when you're just 11. Give her a :l from her MWO Aunties and Uncles.

My daughter was bullied from about 10 ish and when we found out who it was we nearly died. It was the girl who lived 2 doors down. I wanted to go and beat her brains out. Fortunately Mr JC sat on me and we took it up with the school and they were great.

I'm going great with the shoulder Stirls, had some really bad pain last night but over all very much better than it was
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

JackieClaire;1056181 wrote: Yo Waggers,
        What an awful lesson to have to learn when you're just 11. Give her a :l from her MWO Aunties and Uncles.

My daughter was bullied from about 10 ish and when we found out who it was we nearly died. It was the girl who lived 2 doors down. I wanted to go and beat her brains out. Fortunately Mr JC sat on me and we took it up with the school and they were great.

I'm going great with the shoulder Stirls, had some really bad pain last night but over all very much better than it was
        Glad to hear your shoulder is better Jackie.

I hate when kids bully other kids. There was an incident recently at the high school here. Some children who are not of Greek origin but have lived here for many years ganged up on a few of the Greek kids. The student who started the fuss has been a problem for several years it seems. She got a bunch of boys of her nationality together and they started a big fight. Luckily, teachers intervened right away and the police got there quickly and things were brought under control in a few minutes. The girl who started it all has finally been banned from all schools in this area and sent to a school in a nearby town.

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Hanging's too good for them.

Rightio I'm orff to get busy in the kitchen.

Laterz.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Off myself. Later gater...

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Pah - bullies are just awful! Let's get together and teach them a lesson!

Seriously, those poor kids. As if growing up isn't hard enough without kids making your life hell. When I wasgrowing up it was just at school you got bullied. Now with facebook and texting its like you cant escape it! It is like torture.
              Jc - how is your daughter now after that expereience?

X
              'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't been around the last week or two - computer got riddled with viruses and haven't been able to get onto the net except at the library which is rarely open and they sit watching every site you are going on to

Sorry for those who are feeling poorly:l - I had a hellish flu the last while and I still had to travel for work as I'm too early onto the job to ring in sick

Good luck and everything crossed for those going for interviews or waiting to hear back from interviews:l. The waiting part is terrible

Will check in later if I can. Love and best wishes to all
                xx
                There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

helloooooo army. the sun is shining.... is it spring ..... wehey i hope so. i officially declare it spring in spudworld.... just for today of course.... it is england after all
                  Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                  Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Hi army bored ol fart here again! Waggie I was relentlessly bullied from age 8 in boarding school when the nuns found out -she was an ambassadors daughter they blamed me cos she was posher than me I HAVE HATED CLERGY SINCE nasty people
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Jc - how is your daughter now after that expereience?
                      Do you know Cassia, I wish I could say that she's as right as rain now. But after that little snot was dealt with there was a little gang came after her. Her only crime was to be clever.
                      Just recently she's been having panic attacks, is now seeing a councillor and I'll bet you a million quid it goes back to that time.

Yo Molls, I was bullied at school cos my best mate was Jewish. Still haven't worked that one out.

Yooooooo hoooooooooo Spudulike and Bandit
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Just a quick lunch time hello, hope everyone is in good form.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

c: Just stopping by to say HELLO before I head off to the school. Very quiet this afternoon.

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Evening all

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 8th February

Hiya Mario
                                Hows your day?
                                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X