Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 9th February

:wavin: Jackie.
    Root canal started so I'm no longer in pain and the crown that popped off a month ago is glued back on. Have to go back on Monday. I will have no pain but less money when this is all over.

Too bad about the British Home Store branch closing but I bet it won't be the last. We've seen local stores of national chains close down in several parts of the city. Sales are down so much that they can't afford to keep the branch stores open.

Too bad about the little gift shop as well. There have been a large number of stores that have closed in our town. I would estimate about 20 to 25% of the main shopping area is now stores for rent. And strangely enough, they started building a new, small shopping centre and office building right in the centre of town. It started about 2 years ago when the economic slump had already taken its toll but for some reason they built it anyway. It's been finished for about 6 months now and is completely empty. Not even a doctor's office or anything has opened.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 9th February

Honestly Betty, I got the shock of me life, as it's always been there.

Just had a quick goggle and it looks like Primark is gonna take over the world

Primark in Newcastle to expand into BHS store - Chronicle News - News - ChronicleLive
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 9th February

betty boop;1056950 wrote: Hiya Stirly and JC

BHS closed!!! Noooo ...........

We aren't planning on completing till the 22nd April as the sellers are winding up a business that they run from the property, and as we haven't got a buyer yet that suits us.

I don't think that we will move straight in unless we have a buyer for this one because selling a property empty is harder unless you are prepared to give it away, we are looking into renting ours out if we don't get any interest!!!
        A wise move to try and sell your house first. Since I've seen pics of it and it is stunning, it will be much easier to sell it with the furniture still in it. I remember a friend of mine in Canada who swears that the curtains she had in the family room that looked out over their pool, helped sell their house. It was all about how the house looked at the time rather than a possible buyer trying to imagine what it would look like with furniture and drapes and such. Beware of renters. Keep your standards high...

Am off for a bit but will be back soon....

Comment

Army Thread 9th February

Hi everyone,

JC - I bet the Glasgow ones are next! Such a shame really, they have an awesome cafe.

Stirly - good news about the dentist and getting the pain
          sorted out!! Toothache is unbearable but I am convinced that is what nurofen plus was invented for!

Betty - Congrats on signing the mortgage! Exciting times ahead!

Hello to everyone else.

Today was a pretty good day! Got lots of work done and made some positive steps. I have a meeting lined up with senior management to try and resolve some of the issues facing my team so fingers crossed it sorts itself out. Also got a huge pat on the back from the head of the bank in Scotland so rock on! Got my phone call lined up with the lady at wells Fargo for 130 am! Damn time difference but needs must!

Xx
          'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Army Thread 9th February

Yo Cassia,

I'm normally still awake at 1.30am but I'm hardly coherent.

I mean, BHS, where on earth am I gonna get me granny's cardies from. She doesn't like M and S
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 9th February

Hey JC

That's a very good point! C&A was always good for cardis but I don't think many of them existing now! Maybe bhs has an online store?

X

Comment

Army Thread 9th February

JackieClaire;1056985 wrote: Yo Cassia,

You and me both Jackie. Cardies from:

Womens Cardigans | Women's Knitwear | Bhs

Evening ladies :hiya:

Comment

Army Thread 9th February

Hi all

First chance I've had to check in

Hope all are well although it sounds like Starts is not doing so good despite the cleanish knicks:l
                  Cassia - sounds like u are having a better day
                  Congrats on the mortgage Betty..gulp
                  KTAB - never taken the tabs but the powder seems to work for me..i have a masters in talking bollox too
                  EW - hope money and interview news are good
                  JC - I bought pigs ears for my dog today too - she loves them
                  Tips - hope u enjoyed your muffins
                  Chill & Mario - congrats on the extra work
                  Hi Stirly and Wagoneer!

If I have forgotten anyone I apologise and hello to anyone still to come

Have to head out again in a few mins - have to work tonight - Tues & Wed are pretty full on - generally pretty much all day but then it eases off Thurs & Fri. Crappy weather though..not nice to go out in :upset: but def getting brighter

Talk to u all tomorrow hopefully

xx
                  There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Army Thread 9th February

Hi Recluse..u just snuck in there!
                    There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Army Thread 9th February

Hey recluse and bandit!

X

Comment

Army Thread 9th February

Yo Recluse, Bandit.

Me Granny's got enough cardis to stock her own shops. She's 97 next week. I may just sneak round get one she doesn't wear and wrap it up. Trouble is she's got a mind as sharp as a knife and she'd recognize the blooming thing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 9th February

Hello bandit and Cassia and JC

Starty - hope you're feeling better soon. Can't really add to the advice others have given - it's all good.

Comment

Army Thread 9th February

Cassia;1056981 wrote: Hi everyone,

JC - I bet the Glasgow ones are next! Such a shame really, they have an awesome cafe.

Stirly - good news about the dentist and getting the pain
                            sorted out!! Toothache is unbearable but I am convinced that is what nurofen plus was invented for!

Betty - Congrats on signing the mortgage! Exciting times ahead!

Hello to everyone else.

Today was a pretty good day! Got lots of work done and made some positive steps. I have a meeting lined up with senior management to try and resolve some of the issues facing my team so fingers crossed it sorts itself out. Also got a huge pat on the back from the head of the bank in Scotland so rock on! Got my phone call lined up with the lady at wells Fargo for 130 am! Damn time difference but needs must!

Xx:hello: Cassia and Reek-loose.
                            Cassia - best of luck with the Wells-Fargo lady. I know how much you want that job.
                            JackieClaire;1056985 wrote: Yo Cassia,

I mean, BHS, where on earth am I gonna get me granny's cardies from. She doesn't like M and S
                            How about you learn to knit her one. Like the baby jackets and those lovely hats...
                            Recluse;1056991 wrote:
                            You and me both Jackie. Cardies from:

Womens Cardigans | Women's Knitwear | Bhs

Evening ladies :hiya:
                            Reek-loose - how do you know so much about women's cardies and knitwear and such? I'm almost afraid to ask...

Hiya Bandit - almost missed you there...

Comment

Army Thread 9th February

Thanks stirly!!!

The train is actually going to arrive on time tonight! Yay! I will be home in twenty mins and then I can have some yummy pesto!

X

Comment

Army Thread 9th February

Hiya and Good evening. Been over to the Pool (Liverpool) today as my older brother was having a birthday meal in a pub of course. Nobody batted an eyelid at me not drinking and thought it was me being on a health kick.
                                They all think I am mad for running with broken ribs but dead impressed with my new skinny body My horrible twin looks fat :H

BHS is still open here. Where will we get our lighting if it closes?

Hope you are feeling better Starty? Sometimes it just has to run its course.

Love to all here:l

Comment

Working...
                                X