On a lighter note...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a lighter note...

You may call this "Gallows Humour" but I went to see the doctor last week and I admitted for the first time that I have a drink problem. He told me that recognition of the issue was the first step then asked me how much I drank. I told him. He shook his head and said "well if you don't stop that behaviour the you are on a slippery slope downwards. This is real end of the line stuff, and you know what happens when you reach the end of the line don't you?" I nodded ruefully. He continued " yes, that's right, you start singing Country and Western songs!" this is absolutely a true story and not a gag. My GP is a hell of a bloke.:H
    Last drink 6th September 2013

On a lighter note...

:H:H:H

And whats wrong with C & W may i ask??
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

On a lighter note...

:H:H:H:H:H:H

That is the best thing I've seen all day.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

On a lighter note...

Oh, and do you get a hound dog and a pickup truck??? :H:H:H
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

On a lighter note...

And a blanket on the ground!!!

Comment

On a lighter note...

You know what happens if you play a country song backwards?? You get your husband back, your trailer back, your dog back.............
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

On a lighter note...

Comment

On a lighter note...

LMAO that is brilliant!!! :H I wish my doc had a sense of humour at all I think he has had a bypass!!
                Taking it ODAT

Comment

On a lighter note...

too funny...and when you are drunk, you sing it SOOOOOO well...right??
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

On a lighter note...

That is just so funny. It shows your doctor has great compassion alongside a great sense of humour.

Oh dear Starting.... if you have to ask what's wrong with it.......... :H

Comment

On a lighter note...

:H
                      I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

On a lighter note...

I LOVE some country music. Someone I know actually told the 'backward record' joke on the Tonight' show. :H
                        sigpic

Comment

On a lighter note...

Ruby-I think you and I might be considered "Redneck Women" ... on our 4-wheelers...just like Gretchen Wilson!!!

HECK YEAH!
                          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

On a lighter note...

I'm into all kind of musc but Rascal Flatts is the bomb! I have that CD and challenge any of you guys to be able to sing all the words to that song

Great story - sounds like you have a wonderful doctor!
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

On a lighter note...

Anyone remember Barbara Mandrel and her song 'I Was Country, When Country Wasn't Cool'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msKSMKCNIPE[/video]]YouTube - Reba McEntire and Barbara Mandrell I Was Country
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X