back again needing a bit of motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:lSo sorry to hear the despair in your thread but the good news is you WERE AF for 2 months, and you know how to stay away from the booze. That is what I have learned on these threads, sometimes it takes practice to learn how to life an AF life. So, try not to get to discouraged and down on yourself. Celebrate your strengths, be honest, and make another plan. You can do it, we are here for your, and it IS a journey.:h:
    Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Patrice, for me it was the lingering dream of being able to drink moderately someday that made my journey more difficult. Don't get me wrong - quitting is not easy. But it got a whole lot easier when I FINALLY surrendered, 100% to the idea that I just simply cannot drink safely. Rather than say to myself "oh poor me I can never ever drink again!" I say "for me, I just cannot ever drink safely. I can drink, but chances are high that something bad will happen if I do." That is the TRUTH for me. Accepting it was hard, but it's also what finally set me free.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

hey, thanks patrice for reminding me that that scrawny look is aging after forty. i'm 41 and need to learn to love my body a bit better. (kicking the al has surely helped.) keep up the good fight. you can do it.

Comment

Working...
        X