Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on my aunt-In loving memory of my aunt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At 3:19am Central Time my Aunt Sondra went to be with the lord. It has been tough (been crying off and on all day) but I am going to be ok. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and I ask for continuing prayers for my family while they go through the grieving process. I love my aunt and will never forget her. I miss her dearly. The pain that I am feeling now is the type of pain that I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. She did pass peacefully and is no longer suffering. Please the next time you get an infection (particularly in the Bladder) and the infection won't go away, get it checked. If the doctors would of done the right tests, my aunt would be alive today. One of the many things that I will always remember about my aunt is her strong will to live. She fought to the very end (her heart and brain stem kept on going even though the body wanted to stop).
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Drifty..I am very sorry to hear about your Aunt. You and your family will be in my prayers. Your Aunt will always be with you in your heart. Hugs to you, hun.:l
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Drif, I am so sorry this has ended with your loss, even though I know you had tried to prepare yourself. A wonderrful aunt is like a second mom, and I know first hand how much pain it causes. I've lost 2 in the last year, and an uncle. One of my aunts I was especially close to also, so I DO understand what you're going through. It will take a long time to be able to deal with this without feeling the loss so acutely, but remember all the wonderful things you shared with her, and what she gave you during your time together. I hope you're able to spend time and share with her family now. My thoughts and prayers ARE with you all, and I wish you the peace that passes understanding.
      Ruby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCvgXw-Bh04[/video]]YouTube - Alan Jackson - Sissy's Song
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi drifty,

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family at this sad tine. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

X
        'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss. God bless!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Drifty - I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

My thoughts are with you Drifty :l
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Drifty - I believe you first introduced us to this site. My thoughts are with you

Candles - Light A Candle

Candles - Light A Candle

Comment

Drifty, thinking of you.............

KG

Comment

May she rest in peace xx
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Sorry about your Aunt, Drifty ...I'm thinking of you. :l

Comment

I am so sorry my thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Flo
                        Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Working...
                        X