Here goes 60 days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here goes 60 days!

Hi Jenny , tomorrow go out and buy that book by Allen Carr. I will swear by it now , it might not work for everyone but it worked for me . Since i read the book it has got easier and easier by the day. In the book he claims you can do it with out will power and for me i don't even want a drink. MM
    AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Here goes 60 days!

Just popping in to say hi Jenny. Hope you had a good day today. There is always so much to reflect on when we hit a bump in this road. Is taking risks with alcohol - hoping to stop after a couple (but knowing how unlikely it is) really worth risking your marriage, etc. for? Why are we willing to risk SO much just to drink alcohol? Not worth it to me anyway. It sounds like you are coming to that conclusion as well.

On the supplements, I just used everything in the Starter Kit purchased right here from the Health Store to get me going. I really think it helps a lot. The Diet Cure by Julia Ross is another book that helped me a lot.

Onward we go....

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Here goes 60 days!

Thanks everyone for popping in and wishing me well. I got some supps today but I will add a new one every two days or so. That way I can tell which ones are helping and which ones may not agree with me. I started SAMe today along with my l-glut and multi vitamin. Next will be that K one. Anyway, I'm doing well. Spent the day with my daughter running around and doing house chores, and alot of cooking. I made soup and chicken and rice for my lunch this week and I still need to do our breakfast burritos for the week, I might wait till tomorrow on that one. My hubby seams unscathed by the whole event. I hope thats a good thing. He won't tell me what I said to him that night, only that I came in yelling. Right now it is not hard to not want to drink. I normally don't want to for a while after that kind of night, getting sick is a real good deterrent. My body is still rebelling. The test will come in a week or two, when I feel better and when Friday night comes back around again. I do know there is an AA meeting up the street that meets on Friday and my dear friend in jail can have visitors on Friday from 7-9, only problem with that is there is a liquor store right outside the jail (of course) so I would have to take care to avoid that parking lot at all costs.

DG I think, I hope, that I am getting it now. I want to be AF, but forever is a hard word to say, and to not feel a since of deprivation is hard. . . but. . . .Dealing with the guilt, remorse, and consequences of drinking is hard. Quitting drinking is hard. Choose your hard.
        You always succeed if you never stop trying.
        Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Here goes 60 days!

Hi Jen, sorry to hear about your experience. Looks like you are recovering and moving forward. I wanted to stop by and offer a word of support! Regarding your supps, I highly recommend something with amino acids. I really like the all-one powder. I mix it with a smoothie every AM which is an easy way to down that gaggy stuff. I can tell a diff when I am taking it.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Here goes 60 days!

DAY 3

Thank you all for your concern for me. I feel odd today. Sick in the body, and hurting in the mind. To say home all day is nice but I go alittle stir crazy. I am watching a House marathon and it is depressing but I love it. I need to go to the book store and get Allen Carr's book and I need to take back my red box movies. I just feel really lonely and isolated right now. There are so many things I need to do, I just wish I had the energy to do them. Tomorrow will be better. Day 3 has never been fun.

Comment

Here goes 60 days!

Day 4

Yeah depression, how fun. I signed up for Netflix so today I can watch movies and TV episodes on my computer. I think I'm going to clean and rearrange my living room so that it is comfortable to watch on my computer. Hears hoping I feel 100% better tomorrow. Please let me feel 100% better tomorrow. . .

Comment

Here goes 60 days!

Hi Jenny-I hope it's ok to pop into your thread and say I hope you're feeling better. Movies, tv and such are an ok distraction but keep yourself busy too. Get the natural endorphins and seratonin up with physical and mental exercise! Tawn posted a great brain game site.
                I thought I had bookmarked but didn't so can't give you the link. I'll go see if I can find it.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Here goes 60 days!

Brain Games & Brain Training - Lumosity

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Here goes 60 days!

Thanks for checking in on me RC.

I'm doing better.

Comment

Here goes 60 days!

Keep hanging in there Jenny. Good suggestions here and on AF Daily from others - just adding my moral support. It's no fun to feel like crap. There is one way I can think of that would make it worse but we're NOT goin' there, right? :l

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Here goes 60 days!

Nope DG we are not going there today. . . to much to do to let AL get in my way! Gotta get up tomorrow and get moving, the people at work need me!

Comment

Here goes 60 days!

Day #5

Starting to feel better now. Off to work for me today! I will check in later. . .miss you BB hope you are ok. There are no hard feelings here. . .come on back. . .:l

Comment

Here goes 60 days!

Good morning Jenn!

Glad to hear you're feeling better. It really takes several days for me AF to get it out of my system and feel great again.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Comment

Here goes 60 days!

Thanks ML! You too!

Comment

Here goes 60 days!

Day 6!

Day 6-back to basics!

Man I feel good today! Low fat diet, no AL, back on my L-glut, it's gonna be 75 degrees today. Life is good, again, finally! I hope I don't let it fall all to pieces again tomorrow. That sure would be stupid!

Have a great AF day y'all!

Comment

Working...
                                X