Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 12th February

Hiya, Army :hallo:

Fly-by thread start - my neighbour is coming over for us to continue trying to galvanise the neighbourhood against the student intrusion. We have over 50 people on our distribution list already, and have started sending out our first newsletters.

Apologies for my little temper tantrum last nigt as well... I'm sowwy ***hangs head in shame***

Laters...
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Army, Hope you can get it sorted Tips:l. Just read back on last night's thread. We got home late from work and school so by the time I cooked dinner--I was exhausted! So no computer for me last night. Spring is really here-- for the moment at least!!!! Going to plan some outside things to do today. But I don't know what yet-the kids are still sleeping so for now I'll just enjoy the quiet house and sip my coffee!

Comment

Good morning Army World
      Havent opened the curtains yet, Expat i wish you could make me a coffee too.......
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Morning Lovelies
        Feeling lots better today (so far) and had a lovely evening with my mate at a health spa last night. If only someone had reminded us that it was couples night for Valentines

Today I am meeting up with some friends for lunch in a Cafe Bar in town. Love this place its all squashy sofas and nice n quiet, very fitting for this old bird
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Tiggs, just read about those students. Feckin hell, I would be spitting feathers too....selfish gits....
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Tigger sorry about the student noise. I am sure you will get it sortred you seem that sort of a man/tiger:goodjob:

Bonjour Expat is spring in the air?

Feeling better Starty?

Hello Chill How is Portugal this morning?

Comment

Morning Anon! How are your ribs?? You have really inspired me with your running. I actually "googled" -Starting running. So many articles popped up! I'm an avid walker and quite thin. But I have not "run" since I was at school. This may sound strange--but I'm almost shy about running! I feel like I'll look stupid. I don't even have a pair of trainers. I'm not a very sporty person, I guess. But reading and hearing about the benefits have gotten me interested.

Comment

expat3;1058584 wrote: Morning Anon! How are your ribs?? You have really inspired me with your running. I actually "googled" -Starting running. So many articles popped up! I'm an avid walker and quite thin. But I have not "run" since I was at school. This may sound strange--but I'm almost shy about running! I feel like I'll look stupid. I don't even have a pair of trainers. I'm not a very sporty person, I guess. But reading and hearing about the benefits have gotten me interested.
                Oh Expat i know what you mean I too was very embarrassed about being seen out running. I thought everyone was looking!

Anyway I started running for 1 minute and walking for 1 minute until I could do that for 15 then increased it. The rest is history. My running has encouraged so many people to run as most think if she can do so can I
                I only started at 50 as a way to help me stop drinking (it did not) I was ok but nothing like now since I have forsaken the grog.
                My ribs are sore but I am going to run a 10k race tomorrow up a mountain as the pain is the same running as sitting on my arse.
                Mr Anon thinks I am quite mad BTW

Comment

:H:H I don't think you're mad Anon! But just be careful. You don't want to hurt yourself and jog anything out of place! Well, if I try running-maybe I'll wear a hoodie and sunglasses to disguise myself:H! Ok-the kids are awake and restless. Better go do the mummy thing! laters

Comment

good morning gang,it is nice to drop in and listen to the young crowd sorry tips i dont read a lot of news other then hearing about egypt to depressing,ive lerned over the years many turn there cheeks then it s to late i hope what ever is going on it getts worked out other then that i m of to the carribean in13 days hahahaha,considering the temps been -30 here it will be nic e to try a warmer country

Comment

Morning all,

Just leaving the vet! The cat is already to go to the USA now! At least one of us is!!!!

Xx
                      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

maybe even europe in a couple of years that will surprise my better half [wife] hahaha

Comment

if were over there mite as well make the best of it it like the old hippie days believe it or not i did take in woostock i was 16 hahaha almost got there hahahaha

Comment

so i dont confuse anyone i to caught it on tv rather then the real xperience hahahah

Comment

Morning Gyco - carribean! Ohh how lovely......
                              I gave up watching the news 7 years ago and only switch on when I hear something good is happening in the world. Havent read a newspaper either now for about 5 years

Portugal is enjoying a beautiful spring morning and Im sitting here with my coffee and the patio doors wide open
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X