12 Day Detox Cleanse for Meech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have been off and on with the abstinence these days. So I decided I would go on a 12 day herbal detox to get myself back on track. I am hoping after 12 days of no booze, no sugar, no yeast (yikes), no dairy that just getting back to normal food will feel like heaven and I will be stronger with my sobriety from that point on.

So I am 4 Days AF now and started the 12 day detox yesterday.

I wasn't going to post this in case I failed ......but last year I announced a 6 week AL Detox and did it! I guess when I post it on a thread I have to really committ, and not just work on my sobriety half-arsed.

So here we go, wish me luck. :fingers:

Meech

Yo Meech,
    Glad to see you getting back in the old saddle.

You're going to be fine, hun. I've every faith in you.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Go for it Meech, you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to..
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Thanks JC and Oney! :h

Comment

Hugs from Michigan, Meech! You can do it!
          "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Comment

Day 3 of Detox Cleanse Day 6 AF

Thanks Nichau

Well one thing I have realized with this herbal detox cleanse, I am so caught up with what I can and can't eat I haven't even given the AL BEAST a moment of my thoughts.

Hmmmm seems like I have a bigger addiction to cheese and bread!! Who knew! :H:H

So I have had to be creative with my eating habits but man have I ever eaten a lot more fruit, veggies and nuts these days.

Hope everyone has a great AF DAY!!! :h

Comment

Crikey, Meech,

No cheese, :shocked: You're a stronger woman than me.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Too funny JC! :H:H

When I start dreaming about it I know I'll be in trouble. I didn't realize how I topped MOST things I ate with cheese. Sometimes even cheese on cheese! Just because it's...well...CHEESE (I miss you fromage)

:H

Comment

Hey Meech,
                  You got my support! Hope it helps you get where you truly want to be. I'll tell you again, the AF life is FABULOUS!! No stress, no mess! I'd love to see you join us AFers!! :l :h
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi Meech,

I will be interested in how you go and could you please post a daily update on how you feel etc. I was actually thinking of doing a detox too, but it will take a lot of thought and some planning, as i am addicted to chocolate, pizza and anything that tastes good really. So, how are the withdrawals?!
                    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Hi Papmom,

I sure hope I can join you!!!

Comment

Hi Change,

I eat pretty well (despite the beer) and do I truly believe in cleanses? Hmmmm. I think they are good because they get me back on track to eating a lot more veggies and fruit, less processed stuff and most importantly not drinking.

The herbal supplements I take contain a lot of " leafs, roots and blossoms" (Red Clover, Burdock root, Black Radish root, Marshmellow root, etc lots of stuff). One is to stimulate bile, one is to work as a laxative (trust me it works), one is to cleanse, and the liquid I'm not sure (I think it's just this evil nasty tasting stuff and is related to the laxative supplement :H). Perhaps it's like a little scrub brush the scrapes all the gunk that's been inside for a while (gross).

Well I take them twice a day before breakfast and before supper. ,

It is suppose to detox and cleanse the colon, lymphatic system, kidneys, liver; and the metabolic processes of the body are suppose to function much more efficiently. Apparently toxic chemicals in our body are being released and eliminated that have been in our bodies for years. And they claim you will have a dramatic increase in energy once it is all over.

SIDE EFFECTS - I guess the more junk you have in you the more side effects you have as it released in you circulatory system and then eventually out. You have more time to read in the bathroom (if you know what I mean) but it isn't terrible. I can still function with work, play without worrying too much. And most of the increased bowel activity as they put it subsides after the first 3-4 days. Other side effects that I have not encountered but they said might happen are, mild feelings of nausea, headache and other flu-like symptons, muscle aching, irritability. I have had some stomach cramping but not too much and goes away after a couple of minutes.

I actually have never been a big sweet tooth (which is odd for us alkies), but I LOVE CHEESE, BREAD, so that's been starting to get a little tougher. I am experimenting with some no wheat, no yeast, no dairy, no-sugar breads to make. MMMMM sounds yummy heh? :H

Perhaps start experimenting with foods that you know you are allowed to eat during the cleanse and taking out a bit of the pizza and chocolate before you go full tilt boogie into the cleanse. Go to a health food store in you area and see what they have. I didn't go for the cleanses and detox programs where you just pop a pill and eat whatever you want. I can't possibly see how that could help at all and for me I would just keep drinking beer. I needed a stricter program. I can eat as much as I want as long as it's on the "Eat List".

DON'T EVER take those cleanse where you don't eat. I think it's a load of crap. ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT. You're body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism drops to a snails pace. Whatever you lose you will gain back + extra pounds as you metabolism won't magically jump back up when you are back to regular eating. Anyone I know who does these cleanses are not thin - Trust me on this one.

Sorry I hope I haven't bored you too much with all this. Please ask me more questions if you have them and I will definitely post how I am doing each day!

Comment

Good luck with your plan Meech

I'm a cheese lover myself but had to give it up years ago due to lactose intolerance. No cheese, milk, ice cream - all the basic food groups :H
                          You can learn to live without it but you'll dream about it - no kidding! The worst part is going out to eat & trying to find something on the Applebees menu that's not covered with cheese

I refuse to give up bread, I just won't do it. I bake bread when I can
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Lav!

Well I have made a substitute "fake wanna be bread" that is actually helping to curb the bread cravings for now. Lots of spelt but no wheat, sugar or yeast.

Oh but the cheese....
                            I looked at soya cheese today and read the ingredients. Hydrogenated soya bean oil? I think anything hydrogenated can't be good so I put it down. :upset: I think I could last without my hubby longer then without cheese. :H I do love my hubby but there's so many choices with cheese :H:H I never get bored.

Comment

Day 5 Cleanse Day 8 AF

Changes I have noticed from starting this cleanse......

No hangovers - :happy:

Tastebuds - My tastebuds have really heightened after 5 days without sugar. I can't believe how sweet fruits and vegetables taste. And other foods seem to have more flavor. I certainly sit down and really enjoy what I am eating now. Instead of grabbing something quick and not always a healthy choice. I really have to think about what my next snack or meal will be.
                              Bowl of raspberries, cutting up an apple, grabbing a handful of almonds, it's not that hard really and I feel soooo much better nurishing my body with nothing processed.

Trips to the Lou (spelling) - yes there more of that, but not out of control. Just a little more frequent.

Cramping - I do get some short term cramping and then I'm good again. Usually an hour after I take the evil herbal supplements.

Fatigue - not bad during the day but I hit the sack early.

CHEESE - I still miss you, but I know that we will be together soon. :H

Comment

Working...
                              X