Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 Day Detox Cleanse for Meech

Oh I forgot,

Last night at the witching hour when I was cooking supper, I got my first and furious Al Craving since I started this. I thought of how unbelievably good a cold beer would taste. Honestly I think I started salivating like Pablo's (spelling) Dog!

That AL Beast was really hoping, but I stopped him in his track. What a jerk!

I thought to myself....self this isn't even a consideration. Not a possibility at all. So I waited it out and it fizzled away!

Phew!

Comment

And when I get a craving for a COLD CRISP glass of Pinot Grigio, I reach for my low sugar fruit juice and cut it with seltzer and lots of ice. Then I sit and relax and enjoy every sip. It's all about substitutions I think Meech because it's not just the taste of the cold beer-its what it represents so if you can substitute something non AL during the event, whether it's cooking or socializing, you can surf the wave and come out clean on the other end (pun intended :H). Great stuff Meech-I hope you keep up the good work.

:h
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Thanks Papmom,

You are so right about how the drink represents the entire sit down, relax atmosphere. When we are drinking we seem to think the only way to get into that nice groove is by drinking AL. Silly tricky minds!

I am hoping when this cleanse is over the thought of being able to drink some yummy refreshing AF drinks will be a BIG TREAT. Because all I can drink now is water, herbal teas, black tea and coffee (no coffee because I refuse to drink it black).

Perhaps by depriving myself of those AF drinks and other treats, it will make them seem that much more rewarding and relaxing!

Comment

Meech, I just discovered a good fizzy non-al drink. It's called Izze and comes in different flavors. I have it in the evenings in a champagne flute!! Very fun and satisfying. It's low sugar and the flavors are yummy - things like pomegranate and blackberry. Not sure where if they have it where you live, but thought I'd mention it to you just in case. Another of my favorites is Tulsi Chai tea.......absolutely fantastic when sweetened with organic Agave nectar.

Oh, BTW, it's Pavlov's dog, but Pablo's is much funnier.

KG

Comment

Day 6 Cleanse Day 9 AF

Thanks KGirl. I'll check those AF drinks out after the cleanse. I like the champagne flute idea. It will feel special and tasty.

No AL cravings today so very very thankful for that. Home from work tonight early so I am cuddled with the kids and a movie. Ate popcorn with butter and salt because that is one trip that I CAN have.

Cheese Cravings Continue....
            I never thought I would have other cravings that could possibly over power AL cravings. I am just so thankful that it's cheese. I have never made an ass out of myself on too much cheddar!:H

Comment

Day 9 Cleanse Day 12 AF

I can't believe I am creeping up on two weeks AF!

I know sometimes it's not wise too go full bore and give up to many bad habits at once because it can be too overwhelming, BUT having to focus on this cleanse has really side-tracked my AL Brain. Almost shut it off.

I have had one night of craving AL in the past 12 days. I hope I don't have the cravings start tonight, but I must be prepared if it does hit and just realize that it is absolutely not possible to drink today. And ride it out. My one concern that in 3 days when my cleanse is over that the AL BEAST will wake up with a fierce force. I guess for now I will focus on ODAT.

One thing I have really appreciated and I am very proud of myself is that my daily plans aren't altered or cancelled because I am HUNGOVER. Every day I really can set out to achieve my goals (even if it's just doing the laundry :H).
              THAT IS SO LIBERATING!

I AM NOT STUCK IN MY OWN PERSONAL JAIL WITH THE AL BEAST AS MY CELL MATE. I love love love that.

And I have my goofy energetic spark back when it comes to playing with the kids. And they love love love that too.
              :h

Comment

Meech,

Well I can believe you're creeping up to 2 weeks, hun. :l

Mind you have awakened some fierce cheese cravings in me. I may have to go CF (cheese free) .

J x
                :l
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JC - sorry about bringing the CHEESE BEAST into your cravings!

And thanks for believing in me. :l

Comment

Meech I do believe in you too! I truely believe you want to live an AF life-if you could just keep those great thoughts about how wonderful you feel AF in the front of your mind and how crappy you feel when you do drink, you can do this!! :l :h
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi Meech,

Saw your post about the bread cravings and thought I'd recommend the holistic thread under the Paleo Diet (I think) for someone's coconut flour cupcake recipe? I think it's also sugar free.

Congrats!!!!!

Comment

Ahh Meech, I'm only after spotting this thread - great to hear you're doing so well. Like JC, I hadn't realised I haven't been eating much cheese lately - now I'm GASPING for it:H Along the lines of the tricky mind with food and drink I had a funny one yesterday. I was going out with hubs for the day and he gets really mad when I have no breakfast and then start whinging at 11AM that I'm starving so had a good brekkie and headed out. Totally forgot I'd had anything tho and duly at 11AM I was ravaneous - until I remembered I had had breakfast. Then suddenly - I wasn't hungry! Ridiculous stuff but true! Maybe if I imagined I'd had a big bottle of wine ............naw, don't think that'd work somehow!! Good on you sister. We sort of started together and nice to see us both here muddling along!
                        Molly
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Day 10 Cleanse and 13 Days AF

Papmom! Thanks for believing in my too! :h:l I really love being able to wake up fresh and plan my day without the depression and low motivation that a hangover brings.

Thanks Bruunhilde! Perhaps my daughter can help me as she loves to bake. And a little less sugar for the entire family is a good thing!

Mollyka! How are you? It was so nice to see your post (and everyone else's too!). I seem to be creating a bit of a cheese hankering! :H I had to make grilled cheese sandwhiches for my youngest and his playmate today and I may have druelled (spelling) a little bit on them. :H

I had a fierce craving for cold beer last night after spin class. As it is quite the norm for me to reward myself with the poison after a good hard sweat. Nothing like undoing all the exercise by pouring down calories and feeling like crap the next day! Brilliantly stupid logic there. Luckily I had a meeting at the school last night so that helped me buy some time until the really nasty cravings subsided.

I can already feel the AL Beast knocking on my cerebral door and it's only 4pm. :mad-door:I made a big pot of soup, so I think I'll go have a big bowl to try to ease the cravings as I am hungry right now and I know that the cravings are ALWAYS INTENSE when I'm hungry.

ODAT, Sober head on pillow, no regrets tomorrow morning. Must repeat several times until cravings fades away!

Comment

Today will be two weeks AF!

Well I slammed the cerebral door in the AL Beast's face last night. Although the door was thin and I could still hear the Beast taunting me I managed to rest my sober head on the pillow last night. Ahhhhhh. Sure felt good when I woke up this morning.

AND if the Beast comes knocking tonight I'll keep him out. I have a BIG snowshoe hike in the mountains planned for tomorrow and I have to feel fresh, fresh, fresh for that.

I'm starting to really get tired of this cleanse. It has actually gone easier than I expected but as it winds to a close it's getting very tempting to reach for the "no no" foods.

The 12th and final day is tomorrow. So I can't screw it up by drinking or sneaking some "off the list" foods.

Salmon cakes (made with oatmeal not breadcrumbs), sweet potato and asapragus on the menu tonight. Looking forward to it. As far as the rice cakes, I hope I never see one of them ever again.

Comment

Yes, I am interested in your progress, you are doing most incredible. thanks for the updates. Also, can you share more details of the cleanse fast. I want to try it. What foods exactly did you not eat? is this zero sugar go for everthing?

Comment

I survived the Cleanse!

Hi Red Girl,

It's called the Wild Rose Detox. It detoxes the liver, kidneys, cleans out the intestinal track etc.... And you are able to absorb vitamins better and nutrients from food once the cleanse is done.

You can go on their website for more information.

Zero sugar (no honey, cane sugar, maple syrup anything that is sweet).
                                Zero flour. Zero yeast. Zero dairy. Nothing fermented like vinegar, soya sauce, and of course no booze.
                                You could have butter and oils. Nuts, rice, meat,eggs and veggies and fruit.

Breakfast was the tricky part.

There's lots of great soups I made (made my own broth or found some without yeast, sugar or flour). I ate baked potatoes with butter, rice, and tonnes of fruit and veggies.

Now that it's over I definitely reach for the veggies and fruit for a snack just out of habit. It has definitely got me back on track to eating really healthy.

AND I haven't really craved cheese now that it's over. I think knowing I couldn't have it made me crave it more during the cleanse.

Comment

Working...
                                X