i dont like to say this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont like to say this

aust_boy;1061141 wrote: I figured you were drinking the first time I read this post but the last thing I needed to hear when I was drinking was 'are you drinking'. I figured that the next time you read it you'd realise you had identified something that is clearly bothering you big time, for free. That sort of stuff takes ages to uncover at a decent (if you can find one) psychiatrist. Hence encouraging you to let it out. You aren't doing anyone any harm typing on a forum, even if you did type something you didn't mean, or offended someone, this is the one place where it doesn't really matter and people understand. Every single person on this forum would have compassion for you and it wouldn't even be an issue, it's a safe environment.

I found the key to my recovery was addressing / dealing with all that sort of stuff - by myself, for myself. The stuff that really made me angry / sad / sparked intense emotion. If you can remedy those things, you'll find you need to use alcohol less as a bandage.

I should know. I had wrapped myself up in alcohol like a mummy I had so many damn bandages on.

Be brave.
    I don't think Spuds is ready to go see a psychiatrist. I have offered her my counsellor who is quite private, and not too far from her. I also know of AA meetings slightly out of her town but I think that scares her even more.

Comment

Working...
    X