Happy Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope you all have a very, very happy Thanksgiving day.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/4577=213-attachment.jpg[/img]

Happy Thanksgiving

Ooops...forgot to add...
    Peace and Love,
    Chrysa~

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks, my dear Chrysalis. I was just going to post a thanks to all who post here. Even though I don't post much myself, I gain so much wisdom and energy to keep going by what I read here. For that I'm very thankful. It gives me inspiration to try for one more day of saying no to the bottle. I always check in a couple time times each day and it's refreshing to hear of other people's insights and struggles that are the same as mine. Particularly on this eve of Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for a place like this and very respectful of all who share their lives here. What a blessing! Thanks again Chrysalis for pointing us in this direction. Grateful Em

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving

Thankful for MWO and You Folks very, very much!

Thanks, Chrysalis...

Haven't been posting much, but reading each day. I'm crawling back up and will always be thankful for this place and these people who can understand what it is that we're working under. Still looking for my balance point and glad you're all out there whilst I get it together.

Yesterday went to pick up my 4 year-old daugther at daycare only to find eight various police/fire engines and "Special Operations" vehicles etc. in the parking lot, intersection blocked off, officers directing traffic. Watched as someone (a parent, I later found out) took a child out the back door of the daycare. All I could think was that Amish horror and my daughter is IN THERE. Just died waiting to get to the intersection. Some officer told me I couldn't go forward, but I looked him straight in the eye and said very clearly and calmly, "My daughter is in there. Now get out of my way." Turns out not a daycare incident, a rollover down the road (no one hurt, 15 homes evacuated, all's well tonight). Took fifteen years off my life.

Tonight I'm very thankful. For blessings great and small and realizing that while I might not be who I think I should be, someone up there is looking over me and blessings be, might have more compassion than I do.

Best to you all and be well,

Gloria

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving

Pilgrim-
          It sounds like you do have your "balance point" (your child) :h Otherwise, we're all struggling and we're all human. Thank you for sharing that story today. I can just see you looking that cop in the eye! It's the mother lioness in us that gives us such strength.
          Em-
          That's why I keep coming back here every day, too. I am so grateful to all of you. Thanks for being here today.
          Happy Thanksgiving-
          Tumadre
          Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
          Plato

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving

To my American friends ...

Happy Thanksgiving.

May you all continue to find inner strength to keep the beastie at bay while you celebrate your Special day.

May this one be memorable; the first of many more to come.

Tawny

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm not cooking today because my kitchen is being remodeled. My dog started licking me in the face at 6:30, and I was awake, so I thought I would listen to a hypno, since the house was so quiet. I have put the CDs on my ipod, so I plugged in and went into what has become a familiar, peaceful place. I had a spasm in my neck from lifting my grandaughter yesterday, and by the end of the journey, which took me through two tracks I guess, I realized that I had dozed off and come back and heard the voice telling me for the second time that I was moving into an exciting new phase of my life. My neck felt almost fine, and I was ready for a day of giving thanks for the awakening that has come to me this year, for my own health and for the health that has radiated into my family because of it. I thank God for this beautiful, auburn day and for the privilege of living in it. I thank my friends here, and I thank RJ for bringing this goodness to us. I'm also holding in my thoughts today those of us who are facing illness, anxiety, and crises of all kinds, especially gypsi, Em, happycamper, bambino, and whitestar. You have angels watching you here. My life has been enriched by all of you, from the antics of Kanga to the wisdom and sweetness of gabby, Kathy, and Allie. Tawny, I thought your performance as the queen was splendid. Jude, I love the thought of you living in a tree house. Chrysa, it doesn't surprise me that you opened this thread. You reach out to people, which is something I need to work on. Mighty Mouse and vinophile, thanks for your suggestions. Waves 2, thanks for asking advice--you made me feel wise. Bluemoon, maybe we'll run in to each other in Dallas. And to all the rest of you, whom I know from your sharing and who know me from my sharing, thanks.

I am continually impressed with the wit and wisdom of this worldwide confederacy of battered but unbowed souls. It's an American holiday, but today I am thinking of the miracle of this vast worldwide caress.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving

What a beautiful post, Sophia. Just your piece of poetry in prose is something to give thanks for!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Worldwide blessings!
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                X