does any one else get overwhelming anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

summer, i think a lot of us here know just how you feel with the anxiety. i find i have a constant movie going on about how i acted, things i said, did i say the right thing,did i talk to much, was i too quiet should i have behaved differently, should i have bought that, why did i buy that .... oh the list is endless. and this is when im sober. very difficult to switch this off. i know i over think things and over analyse things... i mean who's perfect. that said i did find when i got some decent af time under my belt my anxiety decreased an awful lot. obviously i didnt have the drunk behaviour and guilt to worry about but as my confidence increased i felt less concerned about everyday things. i think the one great advice is to try and live in the moment. the past cant be changed and the future can be what we make it
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Forgiving yourself makes a big difference. Maybe you will find this helpful.
      Radical Self-Forgiveness
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

life

summer girl;1061511 wrote: Hi: I have 21 days AF I do not want to drink but my mind is acting like how it did mornings after I did, Overwhelming guilt about things I have said or done, just playing over and over in my head,about the same things ,its like I just can not turn it off,just wanted to know if any one else ever feels this way or has any advice. Thanks so much Summer
        hi summer i could rite a book about anxiety,i abused me so much it came back and haunted me 12 years ago,at 45 i started having panic attacks,i keep saying to people here research,welcom to the club i do wish you well gyco

Comment

Working...
        X