Alcohol Charity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol Charity?

Hi, I'm new here. Can anyone recommend any non-profit charitable organizations that support alcoholism, and are respectful of, but devoted to non-12-step research and exploration?

Wonderful forums here, btw!

M

Alcohol Charity?

M,

Are you looking for a program for yourself, or a place to give money or volunteer? Please tell us more about you and your needs.

There are many websites you can find online. Just depends on you and what you want.
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Alcohol Charity?

I'd like to provide regular support, donation and awareness for a charity of this sort. =)

Comment

Alcohol Charity?

I am told that SMART Recovery is very good. Its basis is cognitive rather than reliance on higher power. Don't know if I said that right. Anyway, they have a website and chat rooms and do online meetings as well as face to face. My therapist has done their program for healthcare professionals and uses a lot of their principles.
        "Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...It's about learning how to dance in the rain." - Vivian Green

Comment

Alcohol Charity?

MissMe - yes, I've run across SMART but the organization has no presence in my city. Worth looking into both to manage my own alcoholism and as a charitable cause.

With all of the charities out there for other diseases and conditions, doesn't it seem odd that there is no LIVESTRONG, Labor Day Telethons, or even a widely-recognized awareness ribbon for us? There's MADD - An organization that seems more focused on creating stigma than support (not saying we don't need to be held accountable for our actions, mind you).

Hmmm...

Comment

Working...
          X