X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 18th February

Now I'm even MORE jealous!

Great news, Chillers!

I'm already going off my rocker... pretending to work on my lappie. My father can ONLY talk about himself, the bastard... My mum can hardly get a word in edgeways...

:upset::upset::upset:

He has already offered me a whisky... just after 11.00 a.m. :H
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hey Tipps,

"How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours." ~Wayne Dyer

Alcoholism is a selfish disease as we all know, your father prob likes the sound of his own voice...don't let it get to you, maybe it's his way of squeezing 2.5 years worth of conversation into one visit.

The thing is..you are there and you made the effort and you are reaching out, there is no more you can do. xx
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Got a bit carried away there,

Tippers, hun. there absolutely nothing on this earth or in the universe that is going to change your father, I know that with my mother. But and it's a big but you have changed in yourself immeasurably over the last 2 years. Try and make your peace now and if you can't just let it go.:l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1062219 wrote: Got a bit carried away there,

Tippers, hun. there absolutely nothing on this earth or in the universe that is going to change your father, I know that with my mother. But and it's a big but you have changed in yourself immeasurably over the last 2 years. Try and make your peace now and if you can't just let it go.:l
          I hear the both of you...

The good thing is: I'm not getting angry, upset or anything. Just irritated. But I'm disappearing into the kitchen to talk to mum while she's making lunch. Shame: she went to so much trouble :l
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Aww bless her, go give yer mammy a big hug.:l
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Very very jealous of your party in Dublin!:goodjob:

Tips so sorry about your father Alcohol is such a selfish drug/substance.
              Hugs coming over to SA:l

Comment

Tips we all know only too well how AL poisons our thought, deeds and actions. We are different people when we are sober, just look at yourself for the perfect example. You are not the same man I met when I came here. I am not making excuses but chances are your dad is really and truly not the man you remember or see before you. How could he be when is at the stage where he is drinking whiskey at 11am. You only have one father, try and forgive him and think of the man he could have been.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hey everyone Happy Friday - don't have time to read the threat till later - have early bloodwork adn I find out the scan results today I think. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and I will check in later.
                  February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

I'm already going off my rocker... pretending to work on my lappie. My father can ONLY talk about himself, the bastard... My mum can hardly get a word in edgeways...

:upset::upset:

He has already offered me a whisky... just after 11.00 a.m. :H
                    Sorry you going through this mr tips,just wrote a post, MY Expectations in LTA thread, it might help.

hello to everyone else,Happy fridays.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hiho

Comment

Hi ho Mario!
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Evening all-

Tips - sorry to hear that you are going nuts cuz of your dad. My dad is a recovering alcoholic - he did some pretty messed up things that impacted on both me and my sister - namely losing our family home, then all the family money (including my college fund) and gave me and my sister such a hard time. I have a great relationship with my dad now but that took years to build up and a large of that boiled down to me acting like the parent and him acting like the child. The biggest step for me was to accept who he was and that I wasn't going to change him and if I wanted a relationship with him, I just had to get on with it. It sounds like you have done a similar thing.

I hope you enjoyed your lunch and got some good quality time with your mom.

Evening everyone!!!

x
                          'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Hi Guys
                            phew.... finished work for 10 days, yipeee!
                            Tomorrow Glasgow, next weekend Dublin
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

Internet very slow here,

Getting our BAG ready for sunday, be only a min.

Comment

Got a call from the doctor - NO THYROID NODULE! Yay! Waiting for the bloodwork because the ultrasound detected some inflammation and will find out about that next week. Relieved it is not another lump. Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that it is nothing a pill or two can't fix! Phew!
                                February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Working...
                                X