Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving myself a pat on the back

I hope you dont mind, but I am now 50 DAYS WITHOUT ALCOHOL

Sometimes it has been difficult, but soooo worth sticking it out.
    I dont want to appear smug, but for the first time ever in my life, I think I can live my life, happily without alcohol.
    There are still cravings, and there have been a few times when I thought "what the hell, a few pints wont hurt". But they will, I CANT MODERATE, but I am much happier not drinking, and I am making my family happier. I have more time for them.

Much thanks to everyone here, this site has been my biggest help.

:thanks:

Damo
    xxx
    Still trying !!!
    AF 25th June2014

Damo,
    A bit of back patting never did any one any harm and after 50 days you certainly deserve it.:goodjob:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Damo I feel it's important that you give yourself credit for every day that you are sober and making a difference in the lives of your familly.

I know personally I've have had many days over the past few years where I've been completely self centred, angry, confused, tired, pissed off, frightened etc. But I've got through the day without wanting to drink. I guess when I realised that I'm not perfect and that I'm just a human being, it becomes easier to accept my imperfections through being grateful for what I have achieved during the day. I've had a tendency to focus purely on the negative aspects of my day rather than the positive.

Just be careful that complacency doesn't creep in. I've had many occasions in the past where this has been the case and I've ended up thinking I can go and drink like normal people again. I couldn't see it coming half the time as my reality was becoming blurred by it. I need people to point the obvious out to me sometimes as I can't see it myself.

Many Blessings and keep giving yourself the credit you deserve.
      Phil
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Yo Damo,

Thats bleedin DEADLY!!

Can't beat that feelin!

Up the Dubs!

Oney x
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hi Damo, nice work. You should really be proud of your 50 days. I am sure that your family are so happy. I am right there with you - I know I can't moderate, and I love my life sober. Take care, and keep up the great work.
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

well done damo i have just joined the forum today i hope i will be able to say the same thing as you in 50 days its been 7 for me so far and still plugging away keep up the good work pal

Comment

Wow 50 days that is awesome.

Very well done

Luv Flo x
              Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Well done you!! You should be proud!!!! and everyone here is also patting you on the back!
                Good job!

Comment

pat! pat! pat!
                  Bravo
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Great going Damo, go on ya good thing (as dustin would say) keep up the good work.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Wonderful job!!!!
                      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Working...
                      X