Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

Hello Hello from shakey old Christchurch,

Another bloomin earthquake went off today this time it was way more destructive than the one in September. My condolences to everyone who lost family and friends today.

It's funny how things happen, at my first lecture this morning I said "Ohh I've never felt a good aftershock yet", then just before it happened a few friends and I were going to go up to the 3rd floor of a lecture block to have a look at some reading material. I said "hang on I just need to get my phone out of my car". It was when I was sitting in my car that the quake hit. Our side of town wasn't badly affected just cracked roads and burst water pipes and books and chairs upturned. The CBD has demolished buildings, fires and unfortunately fatalities.

On a sunny note I hope you are all well, and don't sweat the little things today.
    Love Zeppie
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

Hiya, Zeppie

That's terrible.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

Jeez Zeppie, I'm glad you're OK.

We are seeing the most horrible images here, through your channel 3 to our 10.

Safe safe girl.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

I am safe at home now with the dishies, I live 45 mins drive out of the city. You can still feel the aftershocks here. We definately got off lightly in September, it struck at night and was 35km deep, this time it hit at lunchtime and was only 5km deep. Very horrible indeed.

Comment

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

Shite, Zeppie

Just saw some local coverage of what has happened. Glad you came out of it OK, though :l

Hiya Bridge
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

It was crazy Tips, people just wandering around not knowing what to do. Just trying to make sure all I know are safe. It just said on the news that 17 people are dead so far but they have not got to many of the buildings that have crumbled.

Comment

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

they have just confirmed 65 dead, I hope there is not too many more.

Comment

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

This just does my head in. I'm so sorry for Chch, for NZ, for the world, for the planet.

Stay safe, Zeppie.

Comment

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

thanks Tawny - they have cancelled Uni for the week, so will be keeping well away from the city. I just hope that there is something us lucky ones can do to help.

Mother Nature has certainly been punishing the planet lately

Comment

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

Zeppie2;1064151 wrote: I just hope that there is something us lucky ones can do to help.
                    There will be.

In the meantime, I think all of us should go back to your first post ..."Don't sweat the little things today".

Comment

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

Hiya Tawny

Yep. Too right. Don't sweat the small stuff.
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

amen to that froggy

Comment

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

OMG Zeppers. Thank god you are OK
                          Going to look at the news now
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

Thanks Starty, I would have hated for my last joke to be teasing Tips about his hairy bottom

Comment

ARMY THREAD 22 Feb 2011

Zeppie2;1064162 wrote: Thanks Starty, I would have hated for my last joke to be teasing Tips about his hairy bottom
                              :H:H:H
                              I dunno, that would be quite a eulogy
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X