Prickly skin? Burning mouth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever have this? How long does it last? Been AF for only 24 hrs. I feel very agitated, zero patience. Today at work I could have smacked everyone. Lol. Then around 4pm.... It feels like tiny little pin pricks all over my body, like little electric shocks.

The body has lots of nerve endings that are agitated by alcohol. I have not had a burning mouth but I have had weird skin reactions. And I also get a sore throat and sometimes canker sores. Just lovely.

Comment

Hmmm. Never had a cancer sore, but my mouth is burning so hot right now, even tea feels like a million degrees. Water seems to heat up in my mouth, im not kidding. And my throat, I keeping coughing and coughing like no tomorrow. Trying to eject whatever is in there. But whenever I get anything out (sorry. Tmi) its only skin?? Dr. Said to me I have to be dry for three days before any meds. But this is killing me. I have three kids at home. I have to go to work tomorrow. God.

Comment

Alcohol depresses the nervous system, when you remove alcohol your nerves go through the roof since their little sedative under which they usually are blanketted jump back into action. This will pass often quite quickly, you'll probably find in the next 24 hours things get a whole lot better.

Comment

Alcohol kills your nerve cells. That's why many alcoholics have huge swollen feet and eventually pleuresy - no feeling in feet.

When you stop the alcohol the nerves go nuts for a while. And the liver waking up makes you skin tingle, someone told me.

If you exercise you can get it out of your body faster and stimulate the cells with fresh blood with fresh oxygen.

Good luck!
          AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Working...
          X