In my dreams...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my dreams...

Even though I am now over 60 days AF (yeah baby!!), I am still having drinking dreams EVERY night. It's really beginning to do my head in. Usually I dream I have one or two (as if!) but last night I dreamt I was going to a party and went and bought some vodka in advance. I was deliberating whether or not to break my good AF run and woke up feeling troubled.

Anyone else had DDs for this long? When did they stop? I'm sure they won't last forever, just feeling a bit fed up of this happening so regularly.

Well, guess this post was just a whine really! Sorry for that. Hope everyone has a great day. Otherwise all is well with me and am loving the freedom and good feeling I get from being AF.
    Bean

In my dreams...

Hi Bean -

I didn't have them every night, except once for about a week long stretch. They come up periodically, and are normal. Mine seemed to get more detailed as my AF time went on, as in how I would plan, act on it, and make up ways and stories to hide the fact, weighing all possible options. Writing this right now, it strikes me as exactly how I had lived!

Dreams are our mind processing thoughts and emotions and any other information we take in over the course of a day. Alcohol in any amount disrupts the normal sleep cycle. I think the fact that we start to actually start to truly sleep makes us more aware of them.When I look at it that way, I couldn't have had a normal sleep cycle for years!

Committing to giving up alcohol is a huge event in our lives. Any other major event I've had in my life often had the same effect - vivid and sometimes disturbing dreams, depending on what the event was. It's just processing something really big.

Congrats on your AF time too!
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

In my dreams...

I have them but they are generally troubling because I can't remember where I left my car or everyone is upset with me or I am trying to hide from people so they won't see that I have had too much.. They are exhausting!

Comment

In my dreams...

We both quit around the same time and what I've noticed is all things alcohol related have diminished greatly over this time. What used to be all consuming daily drinking thoughts went to thinking about it every couple of days. Then it went to two or three times a week, then occasionally and now I think about a drink and momentarily the thought is gone. I can only assume that in time these horrible dream images will pass. Keep on, 90 days is just around the corner for us!
        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
        X