Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Army Thread 27th February - Oney's Birthday Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anon;1067037 wrote: So glad you all had a great time at Oneys birthday bash
    I do not do fb so can I have some pics JC or Molls?

Sounds so lovely and warm Tips but I am not sure I could cope with that heat.

Well Mrs A excelled herself today Having got stuck in traffic to Wales just about made the start before the gun. I never fell/tripped once and decided to pass as many people as I could and I won my vet category even though women who are usually much quicker than me were there.

Giving up alcohol is the best thing I have ever done:thanks:Huge congrats Mrs. A. Well done...
    JackieClaire;1067042 wrote: Just had a mammoth nana nap and feeling a bit more hooman.

Dawg Mrs A you put me to shame after whining about me long walk through Dublin Airpot.

Bacinabit visitors,
    Glad you got some rest Jackie, dear. Check back in here soon.
    mollyka;1067057 wrote:
    Mrs A - you are an amazing woman!! I am chock full of admiration - good on ya girl! Ok despite thinkin I had my camera out ALL night I've got 2 photos When I eventually find the connector bitty thingy from camera to lappie I will endeavour to furnish you with evidence of our beauty and poise
    Too bad about the photos Molly and Jackie only got one as well. I was so hoping for piccies from the meet-up. :upset::upset: Did anyone else take pictures...
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Afternoon army, hope everyone is having a good Sunday :hallo:

Well done Mrs A - fantastic achievement.:wd::wd::wd:Let's not talk about the footy today. :upset:

I don't do FB either - can you send me the pics too pls Molly?

Comment

Technology and I are a bit emmmm- challenged Recluse! Will try! Hey Ireland won the rugby (just!)
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thanks Molls. Yeah, I'm not too keen on the technology stuff either. Keeps blooming changing all the time. Pleased for you that your team won - as you say, it was close!

Comment

Recluse;1067111 wrote: Thanks Molls. Yeah, I'm not too keen on the technology stuff either. Keeps blooming changing all the time. Pleased for you that your team won - as you say, it was close!
            ME too reccie What a match Liverpool did not do well did they?

Comment

anon;1067120 wrote: ME too reccie What a match Liverpool did not do well did they?
              No, we were a bit rubbish, even if you make allowances for injuries. West Ham excelled themselves though. I'm consoling myself with a veggie stir fry with fresh egg noodles and tuna - it's quite good actually so I had to make a second lot. Burp!

Comment

Hi again. Just dropping in to say hello. Kind of quiet evening here with some of the Army MIL.

Rugby and footie talk, I see. Mr. Stirly has gone to the local coffee house to watch his favourite soccer team play since it's only being televised from a subscriber TV channel. I sure hope they win or he's not going to be a happy camper.

I'm not that great at the new technology either. I can manage to do the basics but that's about it. I hate it when something goes wrong with my PC and older son, the computer expert, tries to show me how to correct the problem and he does it so fast I can't keep up. Same thing when he's trying to show me how to use a new programme. I'm too old for this stuff...:upset: (If Reccie makes one comment about my age, I'll reach out through his screen and tweak his black nose!!)

Comment

Recluse;1067122 wrote: No, we were a bit rubbish, even if you make allowances for injuries. West Ham excelled themselves though. I'm consoling myself with a veggie stir fry with fresh egg noodles and tuna - it's quite good actually so I had to make a second lot. Burp!
                  Just saw this. It sounds wonderful. I love stir-fries. Are you a veggie, Reccie? Just wondering because Starty is if I'm not mistaken and so is KTAB. And Chill too, I think. I could be happy being a semi-veggie. Have to have my grilled lamb chops once in a while. And a cheeseburger. With bacon.

Comment

stirly-girly;1067127 wrote: Just saw this. It sounds wonderful. I love stir-fries. Are you a veggie, Reccie? Just wondering because Starty is if I'm not mistaken and so is KTAB. And Chill too, I think. I could be happy being a semi-veggie. Have to have my grilled lamb chops once in a while. And a cheeseburger. With bacon.
                    Hello Stirly - no I used to be a veggie, but found it a bit inconvenient. I still don't eat much meat and much prefer fish.

Not saying a word about your age!

What's the army MIL

Comment

Evening all,

I am having chicken pie for dinner! X
                      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

:hallo: hiya again Army

We've just had a braai - some excellent tender lamb riblets, kalaharis & a delicious salad. I can opt for either melon or choccie for afters. On the other hand, I can have both
                        I'll do whatever it takes
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Recluse;1067139 wrote: Hello Stirly - no I used to be a veggie, but found it a bit inconvenient. I still don't eat much meat and much prefer fish.

Not saying a word about your age!

Whats the army MIL
                          Oh dear. I wrote "Mother-in-law" instead of "missing in action". Put it down to aging brain cells.

I could never be a true veggie but I do admire those that have the strength and commitment to stick to a vegetarian diet. I love fish and seafood. You can imagine how delicious they are here as we live right on the Mediterranean and have a huge choice of fresh fish and seafood from the fish mongers down at the harbour. And there are a lot of seafood "tavernas" there and the smell of grilled octopus and fried squid are to die for. You can't pass by without sitting down to order something. Throw in a Greek salad or and some fresh rustic bread and you're in heaven...

Where are those Army girls anyway? They've been posting on FB, sneaky bints that they are. I'm going to have to have a word with them when they finally report back here.

Off to walk the dog for a bit. Maybe catch up with youz laterz...

Hiya Tipster. Almost missed you there... Will goggle "kalaharis" when I get back.

Comment

Ooooh - I really envy you living so close to the Med and having all that fresh fish and seafood to choose from. It must be fantastic! I've got to go and google kalaharis too - tips may be eating desserts, but I'm guessing he didn't have deserts for his main course. Hiya tips! And Cassia too!

Comment

Hiay Stirly & Reccie

Kalaharis are bread rolls (or slices of bread), filled with cheese, braised onion, tomato slices, some black pepper, garlic & mixed herbs, which is then BBQd over very low coals. You typically do that while the meat you braaied is "resting"
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Here ya go. A piccie:

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X