• Show
Clear All

Army Thread 28th February

Here I am, Eveninks darlinks.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oooooh, I woke up earlier with my legs on a small wooden chair and my head on the floor. How the heck did that happen . Answers are NOT required.

:hallo: Afternoon tippers and Mrs curly wurly. Good news about the fires tips (or lack thereof)

anon;1067622 wrote: Brilliant news Tips.
      Where has your Baclofen boy signature gone?
      :hallo: Mrs A. Gosh, not much gets past you does it? Not even any runners

Hello zenny and Jackie.

Comment

mollyka;1067488 wrote: Mornin EW! Guess you'll have ta make the next meetup now!
        I have spent the last hour being sent from pillar to post from one bank to the other listnin to fecking riverdance grrrrrrrr!!!!!! And I'm tryin to GIVE the shaggers money! Hate to be tryin to get some - I HATE BASTARDING BANKS!
        :H:H:H

Sorry!

Comment

Yooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo Zens

News from the old UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2UhvN0k74w[/video]]YouTube - REM Its the End of the World R.E.M.

Whatever next.

BBC News - Product placement ban on British TV lifted

The country's going to wrack and ruin.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello again Army.

I wondered if anybody was going to show up. Been sitting next to my phone for the past couple of hours waiting for news. My Mom and her companion were on the way home from dropping my nephews off at school and she hit a patch of ice on the road and her van flipped over and landed on the roof. Thank God they were both wearing seat belts. My Mom will probably have a few bruises tomorrow although nothing apparent at the moment and her companion has a small cut on his head. Freaked me right out as Mom will be 81 in July and he is 79. Not youngsters by any means. Just finished talking to my sister - Mom has been released and they're finishing up some x-rays on him and they will be going home probably within the next half hour. I can finally breathe again...
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Still no photos of the weekend So do I have to join FB?

Reccie not much does get past me you are so right!

Been out to spend my race winnings today.
              L,occitaine stuff, long cardie and gorgeous swimming stuff for the White water rafting trip.

Comment

stirly-girly;1067672 wrote: Hello again Army.

I wondered if anybody was going to show up. Been sitting next to my phone for the past couple of hours waiting for news. My Mom and her companion were on the way home from dropping my nephews off at school and she hit a patch of ice on the road and her van flipped over and landed on the roof. Thank God they were both wearing seat belts. My Mom will probably have a few bruises tomorrow although nothing apparent at the moment and her companion has a small cut on his head. Freaked me right out as Mom will be 81 in July and he is 79. Not youngsters by any means. Just finished talking to my sister - Mom has been released and they're finishing up some x-rays on him and they will be going home probably within the next half hour. I can finally breathe again...
                Aww,lambie.
                Glad she's ok, :l. These young'uns don't half worry their kids.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

xpost Stirly How shocking thank goodness they are ok

Comment

stirly-girly;1067672 wrote: Hello again Army.

Stirly - I'm very sorry to hear about the accident and equally pleased to hear that your mother and her companion are reasonably ok. Sounds as though they got off quite lightly under the circumstances although they must be shocked at what happened. I imagine you must be too. :ls to you.

Comment

Yoooooooooo hooooooooooooo Mrs A,

Still haven't up loaded my one whole photie I took,I'm afraid.

I've just changed me profile pic on FB, Zens. Couldn't tell you what colour it is but when the son and heir saw it he said

'eeeeeeee Mam, yer not grey anymore'
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1067678 wrote: OMG! Thank God they're all right. That's amazing, at their age, that they got off so lightly in a flipped vehicle. Wow Stirly, you must have been sick with worry... :l:l:l
                        I was. I feel better now that I know that she's been released from the hospital. Also, she still lives in my home town and she's got fabulous neighbours. If my sister can't stay all night and Mom's got any problem, all she has to do is call someone and the neighbour's will be over to her house in a flash. That is comforting to know. However, it's when something like this happens that I realize how fecking far away from home I am.
                        JackieClaire;1067680 wrote: Aww,lambie.
                        Glad she's ok, :l. These young'uns don't half worry their kids.
                        anon;1067681 wrote:
                        xpost Stirly How shocking thank goodness they are ok
                        Recluse;1067682 wrote:
                        Stirly - I'm very sorry to hear about the accident and equally pleased to hear that your mother and her companion are reasonably ok. Sounds as though they got off quite lightly under the circumstances although they must be shocked at what happened. I imagine you must be too. :ls to you.
                        Thanks everybody. As I said above, I feel better now knowing that she is going home. Will talk to her as soon as she gets there and if she feels up to it, we'll Skype. I know the seatbelts played a major role in them not having more than a couple of scrapes and bruises. Thank God, because at that age, you sure don't want broken bones and such.

Comment

Zenstyle;1067664 wrote: Ooo... just had a squizz. Is that pic of you recent? And who's the cat in the background?
                          It's a lovely picture. Of course I'd been given a sneak preview - got my copy on Friday when it was hot off the press so to speak. Could that be Black Bess curled up in the corner and looking smaller than she is??

Comment

Just sent you a picture JC . End of the race knackered but happy

Comment

Zenstyle;1067688 wrote: I hear you Stirls. Its the same for me with my mum being so far away. But, like yours, she's surrounded by family and friends that are there for her any time of the day or night if need be.
                              One of my Mom's best friends lives right up the street. She is a registered nurse, retired for years of course but still, if there's any kind of medical emergency, she can be at the house within minutes with her little medical bag that she's always got ready. And there's always a paramedic on call in town so I'm not really worried about her needing help because I know that she's got people close by.

Comment

That's defo Black Bess sinking into the settee she's thinks her mommy is going to leave her foreverandeverandever so if she goes really really small I'll take pity on her and stay.

I told her there was two chances fat and none and anyway I'd paid for me ticket. So there na na nan na na.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X