The Journey begins here...So Get your ass in gear for march madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings and salutations to my dear Journey Family. I really only dropped in quickly but I've been here over an hour catching up on some reading. I'll try to get back soon, but things are way busy here. I'm well, however, and accomplishing things I never dreamed possible seven months age.
    Hang in there everyone. Even if I'm not here with you, my thoughts are.
    :h Mish :h
    sigpic
    Never give up...
    GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Hallo everyone - I am home from work. probably going to be the last post of the evening. we ended up with a good three inches of the white stuff - and a lot of the trees have flowered already - pity the folk with fruit trees - a day or two maybe but not sure if they can weather this. My plum tree had flowered a little, but we shall see.

Weird about your radio RC - I had a lot of odd goings on some while ago but it has stopped - in fact, I just now realised it had stopped, reading your post!! Have you tried 'contacting' it??? Just a thought..... Fen - your day sounded so good!! Jan - my ironing is turning from a pile to a mountain as we speak. I must attack it tomorrow (my day off) - will try to do it late tomorrow afternoon, seeing as I obviously won't be getting out in the garden!! I reckon three of four hours should do it !! Fen - I always iron everything. Even the things that say that don't need ironing really do.... Bird, you sound tired and down. Hope you get to feeling better. Glad that you stuck to the na beer - good for you. My feet are tingling right now, reminding me of the Topa!! Ruby - hope you all weather the bad weather you are having and the children aren't too scared. they probably find it fun - right?? Tony - laughed at your choice of reading!! Rog - I understand your annoyance at getting in and having others make demands - have you explained to Sue how important this is?? Glad you didn't have a drink - I can't imagine you would - you have been through worse than this and not. You are such an inspiration for SO many here my friend. :l I think none of us here could have done what you have done and still be sober. Mish - so good to see you I am so pleased things are going well for you - great to see you - it will be good when you have time to catch us all up on you!!

Now, I think I need to go and start a letter to my mum. I will be back in the morning all - love and hugs,

Sun XXXX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I see the light at the end of the tunnel..............
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Happy Sunday morning, friends. I hope everybody is good....Ruby..I hear you about seeing the light. My granddaughter left last night.....so today is "me" time....you know, clean, do the wash, pay bills. :H Also, Ruby, I didn't get a chance to reply to your answer about your cabin...but that is so neat that you designed it and were there on site while it was being built! Very cool.

I'm gonna force myself not to spend too much time here today so that I can get my work done (we'll see!). Can you relate to "Hi, my name is _____________ and I am a MWO-a-holic?".....

Roger.....:l:l:l I'm very proud of you.
          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

LOL Grateful! Yes I can relate to that!!! It is so pretty outside today - the expression blankets of snow......that is here today. The sun is shining and it just looks so beautiful! Guess I won't be gardening though. Oh no - that means......IRONING. And I suppose I should run the hoover round too. Ruby - so you survived the weather along with all the kiddywinkles??

Good Morning to everyone else - Rog, Tony, RC, Bird, Vicki, Fen, Nora (where are you?), Panno, and Mish - and anyone else that I have missed - oh yes - JAN. Are you resting today? LOL. Like heck - right? Talk later everyone,

Hugs, Sun XX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

well good afternoon yes i slept inm and well desevr just because waking up at 2am to go to the bathroom and someone left a problem to where i had to fix and dont know what it was but it took tyhe snake to get rid of ... so had to go out to the shop grab the snake and the drill and rimg the fucking thing ...done at 4 and back to sleep .. and well today is study day cant spend too much tie here today... well love and big hugs one and all stay strong and keep shifting forward and thinking positive
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Good morning, family! RC, Fen and Mish, it is so good to see you pop in. We have missed you. RC, tried to sened you a pm, but your box is full! Grateful, so glad today is "me" time for you. I hope to talk with you today. Roger, bless your heart, you have to work in your sleep! I hope you have a calm, relaxing day to study! Ruby, glad you survived the hail, thunderstorms and tornados! Today is gonna be short, I really don't feel good today and I've got several pms to answer. Please pray for Quitting Time, he is having a biopsy done to see if he has cancer again and is experiencing pain 24/7. I love you all and I pray today will be a relaxing day for us all! BTW, I don't understand this ironing thing ya'll have going on! I've never ironed a day in my life! I take the clothes out of the dryer while they are hot and hang them up! If something is wrinkled, I throw it back in the dryer with some wrinkle release! But if you enjoy ironing, then have fun! :H:H:H Love, Vicki

I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

the problem is...my boys have lots of tee shirts and cotten pants.......plus I work so I throw them in at night after work and throw them in in the dryer as I walk out the door to work......and i HATE wrinkles....wish I could iron my crow's feet!!!
                  Heck no, Sun....I am not relaxing.....just sat down after getting groceries.....
                  RC - good tp see you and I really need your advice about my aching legs....
                  Fen...what's wrong honey?? I know you are a private person, but I care about you and hate to think of you hurting.
                  Good for you Birdie on the AF beer.....does it ever get easy???
                  Vicks - I will be thinking of quitting time....has anyone heard from Swannie??
                  Hi sweet grateful!!!
                  I actually thought I was coming down with the flu since I hurt so bad yesterday, but I have been eating protein and took my All In One and had a veggie smoothie and I feel better. Just run down, I guess.
                  Roger - you better be hitting the books young man!!!
                  Rubes, I know you are exhausted but so happy to have your grands......
                  Vickie - how is your mama??? Wasn't she ill recently??
                  ok...gonna flop for a bit before Nana's mandatory Sunday dinner....
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

im studying mama as plan .. hope everyone is doing good today

Comment

Some pics from the weekend........

sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi guys and gals. Nice pics Ruby. I have a pic of my oldest girl with a toy shotgun holding her dad up. She's in her easter dress with floppy hat. We called her Annie Okely. She's about 6...she grew into the shoes quite well. lol
                        The radio thing has been going on for a year now--anytime of day and the other things plugged into the power do not go off. Just perplexing and annoying really.
                        Mama I don't know a whole lot about them, but did a bit of googling and if it's shin splints-it is actually the muscle that is inflamed. Generally caused from running strain or improper footwear. I wonder if you're wearing heels since going back to work? The best thing at this point seems to be RestIceCompressionElevation(RICE). Natural anti-inflammatories are curcumin and bromelain. Magnesium to relax the muscles could be tried too. If you have Oil of Oregano you could make a compress with that. I have a friend that suffers with them and she thinks it was a result of her chemo/radiation several years ago but she is an RN with VON and is on her feet alot too. I will see if I can find out more.
                        Vicki pm box is cleaned up a bit now. Thanks girl. Sunni, Fen, Grateful, SSH, Nora, Tony, Hill, Biz and everyone else keep shifting friends. Trucker special thoughts of you too! xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

well good evening one and all nice pics ruby ... .. well after a long day of reading alittle of this book and that book and then the study guides ... i feel very nervse the test ..might be alittle more then i can chew
                          most of things i know but half i dont even need to know in my trade ... but the wheels are turning and too early to tell ..april 5th is just around the corner and ill find out even more ... but i kept my promise to myself and took the time to study and do some practest tests...
                          well have a great evening one and all and ill see you all first thing in the morning
                          i think i have around a week and half left of work so well see .. nighty nightlove and big big hugs

Comment

Hey gang...I am home
                            RC...thanks so much for the info...yes I do wear heels.....maybe I'll keep a pair of flats under my desk
                            I think I have gotten bitten by a spider..I found a bite on my arm that is red and inflamed....perhaps that is why I felt so bad yesterday...I am fine now..
                            Rubes, the babies are adorable......

Good boy Roger...you will do great
                            Off to bed
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

good monring .... now get up time to get the show on the road .. and enjoy your day ...
                              love and big big hugs stay strong and shifting forward and thinking positive

Comment

Good morning everyone, I hope that you had a nice weekend. We had a great time at my son`s hockey tournament. His team did well, and he played awesome. My daughter had a great weekend too, with all the fun things we did when we were not at hockey. It is hard to believe it is Monday morning already.

Have a great week.
                                Hill
                                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X