The Journey begins here...So Get your ass in gear for march madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's so good to see you, Quitting! I'm praying for you and your wife. I hope you will stay in here and keep us posted. This is a great little family! Cute pic, Grateful! Sorry about yall's crappy weather, Trucker. It looks like our rain is finally gone and the sun is trying to come out! Ruby, was Roger joking? I shouldn't really try the WD40? I talked to Sue this morning and she had a MRI and they found 2 spots on her brain, so let's pray for her, too. Roger really can't handle anything else on his plate! It's been pretty slow today. Where is everyone? We miss all of you. I hope everyone is having a good day! Love, Vicki
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

QT, it's GREAT to have you back!!! And please, keep us informed about your wife. I know there are good people here praying for her.
      Vick, thanks for letting us know about Sue. Bless their hearts, she and Rog have REALLY been through it lately. If the spots are lesions, they could mean MS (something I'm familiar with, unfortunately), but let's hope for the best outcome.
      Spent HOURS in town (my rare trip to Wally World, etc.) I did buy 2 beautiful lilac bushes to put at the farm, a flowering almond, (something that I have from one of my earliest memories), a bunch of snapdragons and dahlias from the clearance cart, and a bouganvillea pot with both fuscia colored and white tinged with pink blooms. MIL loves those things, and since I'm the only one who ever pays attention to thinks she likes to get her (tho she'll say 'come look how pretty this flower is DJ (hubs) gave me, when he doesn't know a flower from a bramble bush), I know she knows I buy things for her.
      I was in my dry cleaner's today, where the woman and I have become friends. She's from somewhere in the middle East, sweet as can be. The man in front of me had a truckload of clothes to clean, alter, etc., so we ended up talking. He was around 40, about 6 1/2 feet tall, black, and had the lovliest accent. Turns out they just bought a big farm not far from us, and he was SO happy about the area, and how friendly everyone was. He'd had some reservations about the south, as a black man, but all his fears were unfounded, he said. He's from S. Africa, owns his own IT company, is married and has 3 kids who he said were thrilled over their new home in the country. We exchanged info and hope to get together with his family one day. Ask Rog and RC, I've never met a stranger!
      Kept running in to both old friends and new acquaintances all day. Fun, but tiring. It's just amazing to me how far a kind word and a smile will go with people. I chatted with the elderly lady who checked me out (she was VERY overweight) and I said 'I hope you get to take a break soon. I'm sure you get so tired standing here all day', and she just opened up and told me all about her life. Hubs just grits his teeth, but he knows my 'networking', being friendly, has opened up a lot of things for us. You never have too many friends, and you never know when that kind word you say to a stranger will help them through a bad day.
      We're having our roof replaced, starting tomorrow. So I'll have to bring TMB in the house all day and keep her away from the windows so she won't terrify the workers.
      Made some more videos (yes, I'm in the phase of my life now! :H) of how beautiful everything was today. The dogwood look like fluffy white clouds floating through the woods right now, and everything else is in vivid color - wisteria, azalea, red buds. I'm sure Vick and Bird have the same view I do right now.
      Making Hubs dinner now. Catch ya'll later!!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

hello one and all andf welcome quitin ..
        vicky i really do use WD40 on my hands .. just spray your hands rub it in and then wash them ..
        well trucker you sound good even tho the weather is not helping any ...
        and yes sunshine i want pics please.. lol .. gratefull how are things going now ..
        and yes rc you are being too quiet hope everything is as best as can be ..
        love the pics ruby and mama the way you put humping was too funny got me thinking
        and well had a good day and was alittle funny..
        they give me a check and i didnt look at the date..
        it was for 5/30/11 and sue didnt even notice but she did when she got to the teller .. too funny and they were saying sorry so many times...
        well i got home early and had to do a few things in the shop and then relax i hope but uncle needs the other car running so had to get that running and now i can kick back ...
        love and big hugs everyone
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

That's my busy boy, T.
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hallo - I am home!!!! Peter rabbit went fine - I only reduced two children to tears!! Work flew by today - I have sent two pics to Ruby until I can work out how to get them here and I promise when i am on leave in April, I really really will work it out!! Talked to my mum today and she might be coming to visit in May!!!!! Told her I would pay her fare so she is checking out dates - we had been chatting and she made a comment about IF we saw each other again - my gosh - I miss her - and I said - when can you come here? She is feeling better these days and my sister is visiting from Dubai tomorrow so I asked her to have sis check out flights for May. That would be awesome. I can't go to UK 'cos of Ben (what a pitiful excuse 'cos I would go for a funeral!!!!!!!!!!!!) Anyway I am stoked - to use an RC expression !! (sorry RC - I feel mean using it seeing as the way you used it fell through), but it would be SO wonderful to see my mum!

Back later all, Love Sun XXX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Roger, your day sounds absolutely exhausting! But I know how you LOVE to work! BTW, I STILL LOVE MY KITCHEN! Your attitude is such a testimony to me! Paul and I are both praying for you and Sue. Just hang on and keep the faith, God is leading you to something so much better. Ruby, I loved your post. I just love nature, like you do. I get the most pleasure out of sitting on my back patio watching the birds in my birdfeeder and the squirrels running around. My beautiful azaleas are in full bloom! But my list is endless of things I NEED TO DO! Oh, no, I just heard a strong rain storm is heading from Florida to Maine with possible hail and tornadoes, so everybody take cover! I Love yall! Vicki
              I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,

Comment

(xpost) Hey, Sunshine! I'm glad you had a good day! I'm so excited about your Mother coming! I know it will be a wonderful visit for you! Time spent with our parents is so precious. Let us know when she is coming! Okay, I'm going blind so I gotta call it a night. Maybe my glasses need cleaning? Love, Vicki :l

Comment

OK, here's our HOT-CHA-CHA Easter Bunny!!! I have no words!! ROFL

I don't know what these were taken with, but they were a booger to upload!!
                  Sun, I can just FEEL your emotion about the possibility of your Moms visit. And what a great time of year to come! You know, you could consider finding a very good housesitter to come in and get to know Ben, then when you need to be away, the sitter could come in and Ben would be used to them. I'd def do a background check, etc., but lots of college students will do this, and you're a great judge of character. I have a problem with TMB, since there aren't many people she will allow to take care of her (or who are brave enough!)
                  LOVE the pics, hon. I bet you had a blast!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

I WASN'T an Easter Bunny - I was PETER RABBIT !!!!! By Beatrix Potter!! I was given the choice of either reading the story or being the rabbit and the children wouldn't have understood a word I said - hence being the rabbit !!! Yes, I am thrilled to bits about my mum coming and no, I can't get a house sitter 'cos hubs is there - but not enough. He was coming to bed as I got up this morning. Ben still isn't sure of HIM !!! Hubs would never ever in this lifetime accept a house-sitter. Nice try though. If the worst should happen and I would have to go to UK - my youngest would stay - Ben is fine with her - the only other person that he is okay with!

Looking at the pics - I don't fill out the suit very well do I? I have to be Peter Rabbit again on Saturday Morning. The jacket kept slipping off my shoulders so I must remember to take some pins in with me. Thank you Ruby for posting them - I am sorry they were a pain to post - that is my new camera so that will be nice to know when I am learning how to post them!!!!!

Hugs and love, Sun XXX
                    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Awwh, Sun, I noticed my mistake about the rabbit identity after I posted!! And you DID look great, but I bet those kids would have loved your accent. I do understand the housesitter bit, tho. Once when I left TMB with some friends swimming in the pool while I ran over to pick up my grands, she wouldn't let them move from the pool until I got back, and my friend said when they heard me coming up the drive, she threw them a look like 'Don't you tell on me!' :H People who don't have dogs like ours don't understand, but like WC Fields said, 'I never trust a person who doesn't like dogs.' I've had friends who had never owned a dog, then get one, and they tell me 'now I understand'. The same with the special, different feeling we have for our grandchildren.
                      The pics weren't that hard to post, just different than I'm used to, and took about 10 minutes to upload. No problem, they're worth it!
                      Don't forget your pins!! I wore one of my fav outfits from the Southwest Indian Foundation today, and I've lost so much weight the skirt kept slipping down on my hips. I could have scarred people for life if it had fallen off!!
                      sigpic

Comment

too cute Sun!!! I am trying to upload a picture of me in my grubs yesterday.....no luck yet...
                        just walked in and need to eat...
                        we had 9 move in today AND had to do month end books
                        everyone sounds good but now I am worried about RC..catch ya'll later
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi all
                          Sun you better watch out for mr. mcGregor he is gonna come catch you with a sieve (I think)...well we love beatrix potter.....damn I am so tired and can't wait for bed ....I wish I could see my mom too..vick better get that garden planed mine is goin full blast....glad tomorrow is friday i am beat.....b

Comment

Bird, I miss you being around, but you are SUCH a busy bee! We can't plant the tender plants yet, still could have the cold stuff. But I bought some lovely things today (lilacs, pastel lantana, etc) and can't wait to go diggin' in the dirt!!
                            sigpic

Comment

And I REALLY would like to know how you think you're baby girl is dealing now. I'll bet she feels she's lost a load off her shoulders just by talking, and having people who want to help and understand. Believe it or not, I remember just wanting my momma to talk to me. Teen angst is SO big for them, and they can't see the future.
                              MB, don't work yourself into the ground girl. Those people are lucky to have you, and they know it. I'll bet money you've made a HUGE diff there already, and I know the people who work with/for you love having you there. A good leader/boss is all the difference in a workplace. But take care of you.
                              sigpic

Comment

Where did my post go??

Comment

Working...
                                X